Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen 2h Guide (Solo Ranked)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bladepower7

Chosen 2h Guide (Solo Ranked)

Post#1 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:46 am

Chosen 2h Solo Ranked

40/70+

Build: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4800,4777 the builder is not updated, in game Mixed Defenses = Corruptive Power

RR points: Reflexes IV > Futile Strikes III or IV (depends on your basic Initiative, mostly depends if you use Hand of Malal or not) > put the rest in stats, you should have Tough at 1050+ then both Wounds and Strenght as higher as possible (including Daemonclaw proc).

Auras: Str/Tough/AP if enemy team have 2 physical dd, switch Tough aura for Resist Aura if enemy team have 1 physical and 1 magic dd, use Tough/Resist/AP if enemy have 2 magic dd

Consumes: armor pot and the highest health/absorb potion you can afford (both normal and rvr one), Blast pot during the burst are always welcome.

Generic Rotation: Suppression - Dizzying Blow > Rending Blade - Blast Wave > Touch of Palsy - Seeping Wound > Cleave for undefendable damage during dps burst (Shatter if necessary).

Gear: Weapon: I recommend Hand of Malal but Fortress Bonesplit is a valid option for more offensive / Armor: Helm and Shoulder Oppressor plus 4 Invader is a decent start, then go with Gloves, Belt and Boots of Victorious, and rest Sov for optimize crit% / Back: Subjugator Cloak and then Sov./ Jewelry: Everlasting Remnant and Aspect + SoV and Sentinel until you can upgrade with Victorious (parry talisman) jewels.

Gear2: Tesq suggest me an alternative build full glass cannon with Warlord set, to increase your dps potential and rely on Detaunt proc to stay alive, this variant still requires tests.

Gameplay: Your main job is Guard, and swap guard faster as possible to the enemy's target. As a Chosen it's not rare that a decisive kill will be a consequence of a your punt, without comunication in solo queue it's hard to understand when the dps will start burst, I suggest to put the main burst buff of the dps classes in your buffhead, when you see that coming, punt the closest tank and help with the dps as much s you can rather than punt random. Another play can be to Downfall a healer and punt him far away shortly after, with this you can negate 1 healer's healing for around 3-5 seconds (depends how far you punt him from the target). You can do some respectable damage, but that should never be your priority, as a Chosen you lack of burst potential, Touch of Palsy and Rending Blade are great helper for your dps, you don't need to push further than that, when target is low you can help by spamming undefendable Cleave (that's why no Relentless, Cleave is more reliable). Be sure to use Rending Blade and Blast Wave at many targets as possible to increase your chance to get a crit and proc Corruptive Power, increasing drastically the survivability of yours dps. You can also put enemy CD on buffhead, and use your Challange or M2 in that moment, Downfall enemy dps during pressure is also nice if he don't have immunity already. The biggest problem as a Destro is counter the Rampage burst, as a Chosen you can't shatter that, but you can Downfall/Punt or even CHCH the Slayer to deny his burst.
Last edited by Bladepower7 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:07 am, edited 11 times in total.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Ads
wachlarz

Re: Chosen 2h Guide (Solo Ranked)

Post#2 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:50 am

1.Why no Relentness ?
2. I think better go right tree for range stagger.
3. Nice rotation. Try use more buttons.

Akilinus

Post#3 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 am

my bad
Last edited by Akilinus on Mon May 17, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

wachlarz

Post#4 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:29 am

Akilinus wrote:Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 am How does it work with mixed defences and oppressing blows?
Dont you need snb for one and 2h for the other
Read text below link

Rumpel

Post#5 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:53 am

I always pray Tanks using champions challenge on main target when it's going down but most doesn't, unstoppable i think. ;) Its the spell i also mostly die to.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Bladepower7

Post#6 » Mon May 17, 2021 10:43 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:50 am 1.Why no Relentness ?
1)In my personal experience Relentless it's not necessary, the damage is nice but drain too much AP, and you need to spam slow, Rending Blade for the crit proc, and be sure you always ready to punt when dps pop CD, your damage is not decisive in most of situation, so I prefer not using it at all.
2)Abour Quake, I used that when I first started do ranked, but I noticed that it's not really effective, it's rare that both healer stand near each other to get the double stagger, and Downfall can also be used on a dps to stop his burst, quake is not reliable for defensive usege.
3) Spamming is not really necessary I prefer be free (with both AP and GCD) to be sure I can punt at the perfect moment, that's why rotation it's so simple :)

wachlarz

Post#7 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Bladepower7 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:43 am
1)In my personal experience Relentless it's not necessary, the damage is nice but drain too much AP, and you need to spam slow, Rending Blade for the crit proc, and be sure you always ready to punt when dps pop CD, your damage is not decisive in most of situation, so I prefer not using it at all.
2)Abour Quake, I used that when I first started do ranked, but I noticed that it's not really effective, it's rare that both healer stand near each other to get the double stagger, and Downfall can also be used on a dps to stop his burst, quake is not reliable for defensive usege.
3) Spamming is not really necessary I prefer be free (with both AP and GCD) to be sure I can punt at the perfect moment, that's why rotation it's so simple :)
If U dont use more skills U have alot of free
Ap, this free Ap is a dps increaser. I dont see point play 2h and making snb dmg. Only for punt ?

Bladepower7

Post#8 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:18 pm

Rending Blade is the main reason actually :P

Ads
mongothebarbarian

Post#9 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:26 pm

If you aren't using Ravage or Relentless why would you even go with crit items in the first place? For corruptive power procs? This is a waste and you are much more squishier as a result

Panodil

Post#10 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Why stagger?
As i healer i hope you dont use it on us, its useless and make me sad as RP/Zealot with a real stagger that matters. Chose/kobs stagger dont do anything to a healer.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage