Chosen 2h Guide (Solo Ranked)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wachlarz

Re: Chosen 2h Guide (Solo Ranked)

Post#11 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:01 pm

Panodil wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:38 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:50 am 1.Why no Relentness ?
2. I think better go right tree for range stagger.
3. Nice rotation. Try use more buttons.
Why stagger?
As i healer i hope you dont use it on us, its useless and make me sad as RP/Zealot with a real stagger that matters. Chose/kobs stagger dont do anything to a healer.
Ok i will try hit the closeest target i see for numbers on scoreboard :D

Ads
nonfactor

Post#12 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:49 pm

u dont shatter in ur rotation?

Naokai

Post#13 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:48 pm

Relentless is too good to pass up. You are severely underestimating how much burst damage it can add.

Punt -> Assist -> Relentless is probably my most commonly pressed combination of buttons in ranked.

I disagree with your gear massively. There's no need for 6sov because we can get all the abilities we could ever want without it, so going for 3pc victorious 5sov is just free wounds. Besides the victorious cloak is so much better than the sov one. Helmet, Shoulder, Chest, Gloves and Ring sov, Back, Belt and Boots victorious.

For rings I suggest going gunbad ruby + epic diamond, sent and sov. If you can't afford the diamond go warrior fragment instead. If you don't have sent and can't afford the diamond, go for warrior fragment and aspect.

As for weapons, Malal is the defensive choice, I presonally prefer Anathema for the crit and AP.

I suggest using talismans to get as close to 990 wounds as possible, rest in toughness. Then use armor pot + wounds lini to get to cap.

In terms of build you are mostly right imho, just switch the useless extra point in dread for relentless. Renown go FS4, Reflexes 4, Opportunist 2.

As for gameplay, keep up suppression at all times, challenge pretty much on CD unless there is no pressure, CC if you can be offensive, Bellows if you need to be defensive. Help your mdps with slows and help put the pressure on with relentless. Keep up wounds debuff from blast wave and rending blades only if you are about to lose corruptive power. Don't just burn your AP on cleave, but also don't just stand there doing nothing. In a decent game you will contribute damage and most importantly, you will add extra pressure into your DPS burst window, increasing your chances of a kill.

As far as your downfall -> punt goes, I would much rather slow + punt and downfall the other healer to get a 3 second window with no heals, can work wonders sometimes. But in most games if you are where the enemy healers are, there is most likely something wrong.

Guard something that's in melee, put your friendly target on whoever is most likely to get focussed next, keeps you from having to retarget when you require a guard swap. Don't be afraid to double guard. Watch where your tank buddy is and don't just trust where his guard is. Keep a constant eye on the enemy DPS to avoid a sneaky WH killing your zealot.

Edit: You really don't need 1050 toughness for ranked.

Bladepower7

Post#14 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:06 am

Updated with few details.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Bladepower7

Post#15 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Updated few sections with more details.

agemennon675

Post#16 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:11 pm

Naokai wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:48 pm Relentless is too good to pass up. You are severely underestimating how much burst damage it can add.

Punt -> Assist -> Relentless is probably my most commonly pressed combination of buttons in ranked.

I disagree with your gear massively. There's no need for 6sov because we can get all the abilities we could ever want without it, so going for 3pc victorious 5sov is just free wounds. Besides the victorious cloak is so much better than the sov one. Helmet, Shoulder, Chest, Gloves and Ring sov, Back, Belt and Boots victorious.

For rings I suggest going gunbad ruby + epic diamond, sent and sov. If you can't afford the diamond go warrior fragment instead. If you don't have sent and can't afford the diamond, go for warrior fragment and aspect.

As for weapons, Malal is the defensive choice, I presonally prefer Anathema for the crit and AP.

I suggest using talismans to get as close to 990 wounds as possible, rest in toughness. Then use armor pot + wounds lini to get to cap.

In terms of build you are mostly right imho, just switch the useless extra point in dread for relentless. Renown go FS4, Reflexes 4, Opportunist 2.

As for gameplay, keep up suppression at all times, challenge pretty much on CD unless there is no pressure, CC if you can be offensive, Bellows if you need to be defensive. Help your mdps with slows and help put the pressure on with relentless. Keep up wounds debuff from blast wave and rending blades only if you are about to lose corruptive power. Don't just burn your AP on cleave, but also don't just stand there doing nothing. In a decent game you will contribute damage and most importantly, you will add extra pressure into your DPS burst window, increasing your chances of a kill.

As far as your downfall -> punt goes, I would much rather slow + punt and downfall the other healer to get a 3 second window with no heals, can work wonders sometimes. But in most games if you are where the enemy healers are, there is most likely something wrong.

Guard something that's in melee, put your friendly target on whoever is most likely to get focussed next, keeps you from having to retarget when you require a guard swap. Don't be afraid to double guard. Watch where your tank buddy is and don't just trust where his guard is. Keep a constant eye on the enemy DPS to avoid a sneaky WH killing your zealot.

Edit: You really don't need 1050 toughness for ranked.
Whats the acceptable gear, or gear mix to enter ranked and not be a liability ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Bladepower7

Post#17 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:26 am

you din't read the main post? There are both pre-sov gear and final gear options.

Bladepower7

Post#18 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:09 am

Updated with new season 2 gear and a tip vs Slayers in gameplay.

Ads
Bladepower7

Post#19 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:02 am

Thank you, everyone, for the comments, please keep in mind this guide is not updated to the latest patch, so use it wisely :)