Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen 2h Guide (40/40 and 40/70+)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
agemennon675

Re: Chosen 2h Guide (40/40 and 40/70+)

Post#11 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Everyone have different builds I am totally lost on this topic, I guess there is no clear bis which is kind of good but I want to play ranked but dont want to be a liability to my team because of my gear, can someone tell me a pre-bis for ranked ? I can get sentinel, invader, Bloodlord, Sov(a little too far from this still grinding)
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Bladepower7

Post#12 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:29 am

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:09 pm Everyone have different builds I am totally lost on this topic, I guess there is no clear bis which is kind of good but I want to play ranked but dont want to be a liability to my team because of my gear, can someone tell me a pre-bis for ranked ? I can get sentinel, invader, Bloodlord, Sov(a little too far from this still grinding)
Well actually the only detailed post is the main one, and there are guide for both fresh and end game, others just express their own opinion not their personal guide. This guide is for generic RVR/SC, I did a more specific one for Ranked.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Chipzee

Post#13 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:57 am

Thanks for doing this, really appreciate people making guides for an easier time of rolling an alt or a new main! Always great to see you roll in in RvR as well with the 'No fear, blade is here!' line. :)

Foltestik

Post#14 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:47 pm

chosen without long punt = bad chosen ... easy

nonfactor

Post#15 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:03 pm

long punt aside, not using corruptive power is like not using 15% more healing on kotbs like wtf bru its chosen best tactic

Bladepower7

Post#16 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:02 am

Foltestik wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:47 pm chosen without long punt = bad chosen ... easy
That's your opinion and I'm fine with that, you probably didn't even bother to read the whole post before assuming that.
Like I wrote in the main post, this guide is for Generic RVR/SC and based on my personal experience, in a 24 man, mostly pug WB, I find the super punt completely useless because people tend to be not organized/coordinated and nobody gonna focus the healer you punt in the middle of the pack, or focus the dps without a guard (because you punt the tank away), same for most of scenarios, where to win you need to do objective not secure kills (still in some SC is pretty mandatory like Tor Anroc for example).
This guide is not for organized WB or City premade, not use super punt not mean bad chosen at all ... easy.

Bladepower7

Post#17 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:05 am

nonfactor wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:03 pm long punt aside, not using corruptive power is like not using 15% more healing on kotbs like wtf bru its chosen best tactic
It's a pretty solid tactic and I put it as a main tactic in the Solo Ranked guide with a build around it for this reason, but as I said before, this guide is for generic RVR/SC most of the time you not even run a 2/2/2, you don't really need Corruptive Power in a casual/pug RVR environment, and again, this is based on my personal experience not the absolute truth.

Bladepower7

Post#18 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:58 am

Update with new Season 2 gear. And divided 40/70+ gear from endgame gear.

Ads
Toggle

Post#19 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Bladepower7 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:43 am Chosen 2h RvR-SC

This guide is based on my personal experience, and mostly for casual/pug RVR/SC. Others can have different ideas on how to play a 2h Chosen, other even that isn't viable, my suggestion is to listen only players that actually play the class on the current patch, not heroes of the past (because the class changed lot) and ofc not random dudes that never played Chosen, if you enjoy play 2h, you can do it, do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Fresh 40/40+

Build: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4773,4784

RR points: Reflexes IV > Deft Defender IV > put the rest in Str/Tough/Wounds, balanced as you need to reach all 3 at 800+ (including Daemonclaw proc).

Auras: Str/Tough/Resist, the 3 basic auras are always a solid choice for RvR.

Consumes: You really only need the armor pot, you can use the Tough/Crit Linment if you want and swap the Tough Aura for Corrupting Retribution.

Generic Rotation: Suppression - Dizzying Blow > Rending Blade > Seeping Wound - Touch of Palsy and then Blast Wave, if you have extra AP feel free to use Cleave before Blast Wave.

Gear for 24 man: Weapon: Subjugator Direblade / Armor: 6 Annihilator is a decent start, then 3 Anni+3 Conq., never go full Conq. and wait until you can go 3 Conq.+3 Vanq. / Back: Subjugator Cloak / Jewelry: Warrior Remnant and Fragment + Undying Remnant and Fragment. Try to keep your Tough and Wounds at 1050 (including Daemonclaw), leave Str. as last priority.

Gameplay: As a tank your main job is Guard, your best bet are always Mara/Msh, try to avoid Choppa and leave them to SnB Tanks. At this stage your DPS is mainly just aoe with Rending Blade but it's also your "best" ST damage, you're tanky enough to stay in the frontline without worry too much, try to follow your Mdps (and not the opposite), assist him and try to always slow his target and use Rending Blade and Touch of Palsy on cd, when the target is around 30% use Blast Wave for the "bursty" HP drop (wound debuff) and secure the kill. If your Mdps' target have a guard be sure to punt the tank away and if you're fighting near the healers group, don't be shy and quake them.

Gear for 6 man/SC: Weapon: Subjugator Direblade / Armor: 6 Mercenary is ok, but you need to get full Dominator asap, if you are lucky or patient enough to get your Sentinel set, that's also a good option. / Back: Subjugator Cloak / Jewelry: Warrior Remnant and Fragment + Undying Remnant and Fragment. Keep Str. at 1050 and Tough/Wound at 800+ (including Daemonclaw).

Gameplay: 6man gameplay is a bit more complex because your dps will "matter" but you still have to do your tank job. Guard should be swapped often, even to other tanks if necessary. Slow and Touch of Palsy at your MA target, use Cleave and Rending Blade until the target is around 30%, then finish with a Blast Wave. Punt have the same purpose as it has on 24man gameplay, Quake instead could be used in different ways; you can use it for stagger someone during a chase, go around him and punt in your group direction, or you can use it in a defensive way meanwhile your group is retreating. During a "kite fight" you can jump turn your character with mouse midair and use Rending Blade to your enemy meanwhile strife away from them when you landing, with this you not losing speed during the kiting and can do damage in the meanwhile.

40/70+ / 40/70+Sov-Dreadsword

Build 40/70: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4773,4784

Build 40/70+Sov-Dreadsword: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4773,4784

RR points: Reflexes IV > Deft Defender IV > the rest is up to your preferences, you can max out Crit for a bit more offensive gameplay (better for 6man), or using the points for maximize your 3 main stats, str/tough/wounds (better for 24man).

Auras: Str/Tough/Resist, the 3 basic auras are still pretty solid, if you use the Sov build you'll be running Str/Resist/AP.

Consumes: Armor pot, and the Tough/Crit Linment if you can swap Tough Aura for AP aura.

Generic Rotation: Suppression - Dizzying Blow > Seeping Wound - Touch of Palsy > Relentless and Rending Blade for execute.

Gear for 24 man: Weapon: Hand of Malal / Armor: Helm and Shoulder of the Overlord and then 4 Invader is a fantastic combo until you can have your Sov gear. / Back: Subjugator Cloak and then Sov. / Jewelry: Warrior Remnant and Fragment + Undying Remnant and Fragment. Try to keep your Tough and Wounds at 1050, rest all on str, with Sov gear and RR point will be possible to have all 3 capped (including Daemonclaw).

Gear for 24 man (endgame): Weapon: Recommend Hand of Malal, Fortress Bonesplit is the "offensive" alternative, your choice. / Armor: Helm, Shoulder, and Chest SoV, Gloves, Belt and Boots of Victorious. / Back: Sovereign. / Jewelry: Everlasting Remnant and Aspect + Victorious (I recommend parry talis, but crit is a valid alternative) and SoV Jewels / Event: Your best bet is the defensive Triumphant.

Gameplay: As a tank your main job is always Guard, regardless of your gear. You should always guard a Mdps, at this point you'll be fine even with Choppa (unless is a low level one). Your DPS ST is pretty solid and you can kill any squishy in few CDs, your main dps abilities will be Relentless and Rending Blade, with chop fasta Choppa, you can spam Rending Blade, if Sorc and Magus in your WB are debuffing you can spam a pretty high aoe undefendable damage, it's rare that will happen in pug, I have a max of 1700 damage to a min of 500-700, it all depends if the others are debuffing correctly, I found that around 1200 is a realistic average damage you should expect in this situation.

Gear for 6 man/SC : Weapon: Hand of Malal and then Fortress Bonesplit / Armor: Full Oppressor is pretty nice, Victorious is the direct upgrade but hard to get / Back: Subjugator Cloak / Jewelry: Warrior Remnant and Fragment + Undying Remnant and Fragment. Keep Str. at 1050 and Tough/Wound at 900+ (including Daemonclaw).

Gear for 6 man/SC (endgame): Weapon: Fortress Bonesplit / Armor: You have 2 options, 8/8 SoV if you want or need an extra HD and more aura diversity, or Helm, Shoulder, and Chest SoV, Gloves, Belt and Boots of Victorious for more damage output. / Back: Sovereign / Jewelry: Everlasting Remnant and Aspect + Victorious (crit talis.) and SoV Jewels / Event: Defensive Triumphant is fine if you can't or don't want buy both, but depends on party composition the Offensive version is better.

Gameplay: 6man gameplay is pretty much like the 40/40+ version, you're just more tanky and can do far more damage. Now that you have the best gear in the game, you can run a good solo or 2-man group, the possibilities are a lot, I'll put few examples: Thx to your Sov ability (mindless fear) and your aura, you can healing debuff all by yourself, making a Brut Mara a solid companion for your duo roaming. Another solid option is DPS or Shield DoK. As I said the options are many, even double 2h tank will work pretty good.
What are your thoughts on going 5 piece beast lord and 4 piece conq? Gives you a 5% parry bonus from beast lord as well as the crit reduction from conq.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Bladepower7

Post#20 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:43 am

I do not recommend any piece of the BL set, since it have a lot of WS that is completely useless for a 2H Chosen (apart from a small parry % increase, but not worth it at all), that's why I did not mention it in the gear guide, you'll just waste a lot of stats for very very minimal benefit, as a Chosen you have already high parry, you not need those 2-3% extra from a WS gear, and armor pen it's useless because you do all spirit damage (except auto-attack but... meh..)