Chosen 2h conq or vanq mix for solo roaming

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
yoluigi

Chosen 2h conq or vanq mix for solo roaming

Post#1 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:58 am

Hey guys would like your opinion if the 5 conqueror set (for 100 wound heal) is worth it for pure solo roaming?
Or get vanq with red eye or mix vanq with an other set (i wont get sentinel or bloodlord)
I know idealy would be opp/vanq or Invader/vanq but am only 53 on my chosen wont be soon till higher gear for now.

Was thinking cape and chest beastlord and rest conqueror ( for +60 str) or cape and boots red eye set. (plus 2 jewel set 6% parry (30 str, 30 wound)
Might mix vanq with conquer/beastlord.
Vanq with dominator?
Any suggestion from your experience guys?

(i know there is a guide but they dont talk alot about the lower set right now)
I'l be probably fighting alot of WH soo might get the 3 second stun with heal aura on defence for that m2 300% heal or the traditionnal build with quake)

Ads
Ekundu01

Re: Chosen 2h conq or vanq mix for solo roaming

Post#2 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:54 pm

yoluigi wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:58 am Hey guys would like your opinion if the 5 conqueror set (for 100 wound heal) is worth it for pure solo roaming?
Or get vanq with red eye or mix vanq with an other set (i wont get sentinel or bloodlord)
I know idealy would be opp/vanq or Invader/vanq but am only 53 on my chosen wont be soon till higher gear for now.

Was thinking cape and chest beastlord and rest conqueror ( for +60 str) or cape and boots red eye set. (plus 2 jewel set 6% parry (30 str, 30 wound)
Vanq with dominator?

I'l be probably fighting alot of WH soo might get the 3 second stun with heal aura on defence for that m2 300% heal or the traditionnal build with quake)
Depending on what weapon you are running the conq proc may be no good. If you are running the epic 2 hander with wounds proc they won't stack and won't proc independently because the proc has the same name. The wounds proc also has an internal CD longer than the duration so it can't reproc before the buff is over and the buff lasts 20 seconds.

If you are solo roaming the best bet you have is to run tanky until you can get enough str to do ok damage. Str stacking on chosen or most tanks for that matter is lack luster. 100 str = about 20 base damage on most of your skills that do instant damage. I ran my chosen solo quite a bit before we had warlord and sov gear. Before I had invader most fights vs WH would be close fights when facing full vanq WH. Once I had partial invader along with some pve goodies it became a 1 way stomp most times with me winning. Now that you have sov geared WH running around anything pre invader as a solo may not be enough to win.

In the early levels where you don't have great str gear to use, you lose too much defense and become too squishy to try to stack str to reasonable numbers for solo play. Chosen wins through being tanky first and damage second. You will never see numbers like a BO or SM. Not much burst just have to win through steady damage while not taking a bunch yourself.
Trismack

yoluigi

Post#3 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:43 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:54 pm
yoluigi wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:58 am Hey guys would like your opinion if the 5 conqueror set (for 100 wound heal) is worth it for pure solo roaming?

Vanq with dominator?

Depending on what weapon you are running the conq proc may be no good. If you are running the epic 2 hander with wounds proc they won't stack and won't proc independently because the proc has the same name. The wounds proc also has an internal CD longer than the duration so it can't reproc before the buff is over and the buff lasts 20 seconds.

If you are solo roaming the best bet you have is to run tanky until you can get enough str to do ok damage. Str stacking on chosen or most tanks for that matter is lack luster. 100 str = about 20 base damage on most of your skills that do instant damage. I ran my chosen solo quite a bit before we had warlord and sov gear. Before I had invader most fights vs WH would be close fights when facing full vanq WH. Once I had partial invader along with some pve goodies it became a 1 way stomp most times with me winning. Now that you have sov geared WH running around anything pre invader as a solo may not be enough to win.

In the early levels where you don't have great str gear to use, you lose too much defense and become too squishy to try to stack str to reasonable numbers for solo play. Chosen wins through being tanky first and damage second. You will never see numbers like a BO or SM. Not much burst just have to win through steady damage while not taking a bunch yourself.
Am running subj weapon and yeah right now got 2 anni 2 dom rest beastlord got 930 str when all buff with tactic applied (parry proc) but only 7700 wound... i think i might do better with conq or mix vanq with an other set

vanbuinen77

Post#4 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:59 pm

You need high parry for the whs as well as -crit chance.

Otherwise they will burst you in the stun.

Get the knockdown into taunt/relentless combo.

Use Warped Flesh tactic.

Pots go without saying.

I try to use my spacing to use Rending Blade as much as possible.

The ap drain aura seems to work well.

Keep in mind it will be a real uphill battle.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Collision

Post#5 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:48 pm

the 2p set from IC kings area isn't bad for a mix stuff (i have run sometime with the 2p wound set and 4/5 inva the time to got the souv set).

maybe can be a good option with vanq or conq.

Take as soon as possible Mahal hand (from bb/be) for the defensive proc.

For me Warped flesh is totally useless because of the 3s cd.

Beastlord weapon skill bonus is useless for a chosen.

Lokiusus

Post#6 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:46 pm

Had some success with solo low RR Chosen going deep into HP regen. 5pc redeye, 2 pc sent, epic/city wounds 2h, 4 regen fleshrenders is... expensive but doable. Mix in some regen/absorb pots and the tactic. Find damage where you can (spirit relentless and flame pots).

You hit like a pool noodle and will never kill a healer, but it doesn't matter if they (tanks/DPS) can't kill you until it's 1v3.
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+

Detangler

Post#7 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:07 pm

Lokiusus wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:46 pm Had some success with solo low RR Chosen going deep into HP regen. 5pc redeye, 2 pc sent, epic/city wounds 2h, 4 regen fleshrenders is... expensive but doable. Mix in some regen/absorb pots and the tactic. Find damage where you can (spirit relentless and flame pots).

You hit like a pool noodle and will never kill a healer, but it doesn't matter if they (tanks/DPS) can't kill you until it's 1v3.
This guy gets it. HP regen and get some decent armor and toughness. The damage between 800 and 1000 str is minimal at best.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

vanbuinen77

Post#8 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Hope you have 700x4 gold for the fleshrender
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Ads
yoluigi

Post#9 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:19 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:01 pm Hope you have 700x4 gold for the fleshrender
haha no i think i gonna go for 3 vanq and conqueror or an other mix! Ty for insight guys gonna test it out!

Detangler

Post#10 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 am

vanbuinen77 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:01 pm Hope you have 700x4 gold for the fleshrender
1. Inflation is real. I bought two of em for half that back before people caught on to how strong these items can be.

2. Buying 4 is overkill and prevents from getting invader+ set bonuses. 3 max.

3. If you're really jonsing for hp regen from jewel slots, there's the pve 4 piece jewel set that gets you 52 hp x 4 seconds. The resists on it are poop, but what are ya gonna do. Farm KV lair boss for a few weeks nonstop around the clock on the timer and hope for the right drop you want?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable