Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Pets survivability

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toranes

[Magus] Pets survivability

Post#1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:42 am

Hello Together,

im playing in rr 82 Magus named Romim. On the live Server i played an Engi with the same name over Years, most of the Time onDrakenwald.
So the changes on Magus/Engi are overall good in comparison to the live server.

So after many hours of playtime i need to talk about the Pet survivability of Magus and Engi. The biggest problem is they die nearly instant in a bit of aoe, i know they get less dmg from aoe but with their low life, its make not a huge difference. In cityfights for example they are nonexistent, im playing with the instant summon tactic but the respawn every few seconds costs so much AP and is very annoying, in sc and orvr its hard enough, every few meters need to respawn cause the relocate of the demon/turret have 20 sec CD (LOL). I know with my instant summon tactic i have no ap costs to relocate but because of the 20 sec cooldown, overall, im more respawning as relocating them...

The pets are simply to weak, i tested it with a single specced choppa, after 3 of his standard aoe skills (around 300 dmg on pet every attack), my pet was under 75% health, this cant be right, the pet is to important for Magus/Engi to make any dmg. And dmg is the only thing Magus/Engi have. Even the dmg is not good if the enemys have healers which use cleanse... or an Archmage which uses AP leech...

So my suggestions to Buff Magus/Engi:

There are Multiple ideas to make it better:

1. Increase Armor and/or life from the pets, maybe let armor from the pets scaling with the armor of the Magus/Engi

2. Increase Armor of the pets with every Stack from the dmg buff, so it would make more sense to relocate and keep the demon alive instead auf respawning

3. Reduce/remove the AP costs of of pet summon if Magus/Engi uses the instant summon tactic, reduce the CD of relocating the demon/turret.

4. Reduce the dmg from aoe against the pets more, maybe 90%?

So it shouldnt be to much, i mean, i could cry everytime if i see an DPS AM which makes nearly the dmg of my strongest single target dots WITH 40% dmg buff from pet, resi debuff and 15% more dmg from tactic... He doesnt need a pet or something else, he can nearly do everything while running around...

Come on a HEALER class which can heal/cleanse themself and have absorb, healdebuff, aoe slow, AP leech and silence makes overall more dot dmg as a real DPS class? A joke, same for DPS Shaman/Engi for sure.

So before devs patching around the balance of all the other classes over and over again, they really should take a look at Magus/Engi, i know Engi is still better but have the same problems.

They are pet classes and it shouldnt be that this classes cant use their pets just in a few situations and in others, like city fights, they are useless cause they die every 3 seconds...

Thanks for reading.

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: [Magus] Pets survivability

Post#2 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 pm

I have 81 magus, and I've learned to do the channel heal about 1-2 times between resummons or repositioning. In cities especially, those shield WPs love my pet so I use channel heal there as well. You know the pet is immune to damage when you do this, yes? Past that, my pet lives well enough if I pay attention to it. Still clunky mechanic, but hey, we do what we can.

As far as dps vs AMs, you really need to up your game. I know AMs are crit heavy, but I can tell you, as my crit is only 4% from BL staff, I have zero problems blowing everyone away in cities or SCs (where I can see my damage). Now, I am lazy aoe, so get ignored a lot, but in cities after the first stage I'm pretty much their number 1 priority it seems.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Evilspinnre

Post#3 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:10 am

If an AM is out dpsing you, delete toon
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Starx

Post#4 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:44 am

If you still have any hope after them giving us the tactic they did last patch then idk, just roll something else if it bothers you at this point.

just be happy we aren't being "fixed" like shadow warrior lol

Evilspinnre wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:10 am If an AM is out dpsing you, delete toon

DPS AM has very respectable dmg, i have magus and AM full sov at 80+ and I dont feel at all gimp on DPS AM. What magus has going for it is superior timestamp dmg later on in a rotation and superior range. DPS AM has a much simpler and faster rotation, more dmg during the first few seconds compared to magus and obvously dont have to deal with shitty pet mechanics. DPS AM has dogcrap AoE and cant pad numbers very well in scs/city like magus can though.

Toranes

Post#5 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:41 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 pm I have 81 magus, and I've learned to do the channel heal about 1-2 times between resummons or repositioning. In cities especially, those shield WPs love my pet so I use channel heal there as well. You know the pet is immune to damage when you do this, yes? Past that, my pet lives well enough if I pay attention to it. Still clunky mechanic, but hey, we do what we can.

As far as dps vs AMs, you really need to up your game. I know AMs are crit heavy, but I can tell you, as my crit is only 4% from BL staff, I have zero problems blowing everyone away in cities or SCs (where I can see my damage). Now, I am lazy aoe, so get ignored a lot, but in cities after the first stage I'm pretty much their number 1 priority it seems.
Yes i use the heal channel, but in city? Nope, makes absolutely 0 sense because in city, im on AOE and inside the blob to bomb the enemys away, my pet is nearly instant down, even if i heal it, after the heal i have 10 sec cd and the pet dies immidiately so...nope. Even if i could keep it alive in citys, the enemys are moving fast, i need to reposition or resummon it often anyways. Thats why they should reduce or remove the AP costs of summoning the pet IF the player is using the instant summon tactic.

You blow everyone away in cities or SCs? Seems you are an god in this game :D. I know what you mean, im also 90% of the Scs and nearly 100% of city fights top DPS and DBs, i also killed many DPS AMs but they were simply bad, a high geared DPS AM which can play his class, should 100% win every 1vs1 against a magus, the AP leech alone is the death of the magus. But DPS AMs are not the reason of this thread, i wrote this just to compare their abilitys and dmg with a real DPS class like Magus/Engi.

Whats the name of your Magus?

phononHYPE

Post#6 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:06 pm

Cassini

And I'm the furthest thing from a god there is in this game. It's why I gave up on melee characters, my lag just doesn't support the fact that the person right in front of me is actually 20' away. So, you know, ranged and tank classes - woo! As for your pet, when your supported, dropping a heal-channel on your pet so you don't lose stacks is pretty tops IMO.

Also 'and', my best city was not in the gear in in now, but around rr76 with invader+bloodlord. Stars just aligned then, or order stayed clumped and didn't cleans, what ever.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

DonDzek

Post#7 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:33 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:10 am If an AM is out dpsing you, delete toon
Nerd did you play an Magus vs AM ?
Try it and let me know how the result are after Magus/Ing. nerv by -20% dmg.
With Trivial Blows -40% he kill you easy with full dmg Gear as well if a AM has also Trivial Blows skilled so you make no dmg on him and your crit is laughable and painful fo an dmg charachter.

Think its time to nerv hybrid classes and reduce there abilities.

Onigokko0101

Post#8 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:31 am

DonDzek wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:33 pm
Nerd did you play an Magus vs AM ?
Try it and let me know how the result are after Magus/Ing. nerv by -20% dmg.
With Trivial Blows -40% he kill you easy with full dmg Gear as well if a AM has also Trivial Blows skilled so you make no dmg on him and your crit is laughable and painful fo an dmg charachter.

Think its time to nerv hybrid classes and reduce there abilities.
Why are you 1v1ing an AM to begin with?
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads