Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder stacking ws

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wildwindblows

Marauder stacking ws

Post#1 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Hello folks,

Piercing bite only works on mutation required skills and AA is not included. Therefore, Does anyone try to stack ws around 700 to get 50% armor pen and drop pb tactic? I think with this way, overall damage will increase and makes mara more surviable (because parry increase with ws). Any idea?

Thanks.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Marauder stacking ws

Post#2 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:30 pm

Doesnt Piercing Bite work like if you have 35 % armour penetration you have 85 % with mutation skills ? Always 30 % minimum armour pene from wpn skill imo on any physical dmg class must have.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

wildwindblows

Post#3 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:20 pm

I really don't know if piercing bite tactic stack with total armor penetration or not.

Wdova

Post#4 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:04 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:20 pm I really don't know if piercing bite tactic stack with total armor penetration or not.
It was written in other thread. Ws stack with piercing bite but not as the additive flat %. If You have PB and also have 50% penetration from weapon skill its not 100% final, but 75% only. I think stacking WS on marauder is waste of resources. I dont want my mara to be full ws glass cannon tard like my choppa. Beuty of mara is having descent damage while still be tanky. I will put some wounds/ toughness talismans insted. Piercing bite + armor debuff + impale do enough job to kill things.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

wildwindblows

Post#5 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:35 pm

Wdova wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:04 pm
wildwindblows wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:20 pm I really don't know if piercing bite tactic stack with total armor penetration or not.
It was written in other thread. Ws stack with piercing bite but not as the additive flat %. If You have PB and also have 50% penetration from weapon skill its not 100% final, but 75% only. I think stacking WS on marauder is waste of resources. I dont want my mara to be full ws glass cannon tard like my choppa. Beuty of mara is having descent damage while still be tanky. I will put some wounds/ toughness talismans insted. Piercing bite + armor debuff + impale do enough job to kill things.
I don't think stacking ws waste of resource. Piercing bite gives 50%armor penetration but it is only for mutation required skills. I can get ws 700 to make armor pen. around 50% and take brute force tactic instead of Piercing bite. AA is really important for Brut mara and piercing bite doesn't affect this. Same think is for Flail for monstro mara.

Bloodmasked

Post#6 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:05 am

Healers have so much armor that its probably always good to have high weapon skill

Sundowner

Post#7 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:44 am

If target has <2k armor STR gives more dmg than WS. but around 2.5k differences are marginal, mara has 1.4k armor debuff which is enough for most cases.

Tested on my WL, difference between 419 and 350 WS without armor debuff on medium armor is max 20 dmg per hit (non-crit)