Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder mobility

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Pandastyle

Re: Marauder mobility

Post#71 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:23 am

https://youtu.be/bJ_sCyesN_U

By the original poster of this topic , maybe exaggerating with regular crits 1.5k+ some over 2k, sure it's his best fights but try play any other mdps and tell me you can gets those kinds of numbers and those kinds of crits regularly in a row. It's not possible on any except Mara
very nice video, thank you. What I can say about this video is that it in my opinion requires a very high skill level. You can get these numbers when you fully debuff your target and stance dance a lot and only on the squishiest of targets. I'd say only a handful of mara on the server have the quality to pull something like that frequently (myself not included, I still have to git gud). And also what another user posted before, the video is made of clips. Who knows how many times he got fricked between these fights. However I agree, the numbers are impressive, but I will repeat myself, this is absolutely not the norm (imo) and you will always have people outside the norm for all classes which is why I think this video should not be taken as the norm.
(On another note, I think he is using a addon which adds up the autoattack hits? because 1.4k autoattack hits as dual wielder seems to much, however with Brut procc I get 700+700 crits but they are not add up)
hammerhead wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:50 am Indeed, on the video is very bad mara.

well this is just a screenshot out of context. Tbh the numbers look like a rank23 wh facing a rr80+ BiS Mara.
:lol: I knew this was Coming !! mSW can crit as often as a Marauder. Inst bullseye and feeding on fear the same thing? pls.. Assault shadow warrios can go really high on crit also.
WHs exit wound can crit for over 2k, WE pierce armor also
Idk if you were referring to me and maybe I didnt understand the meaning of your post, but for me Bullseye tactic and FoF do have the exact same wording which is a 1 to 1 mirror
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Ads
hammerhead

Post#72 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:55 am

Pandastyle wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:23 am well this is just a screenshot out of context. Tbh the numbers look like a rank23 wh facing a rr80+ BiS Mara.
Nope. This is 70+ RP and 85 mara.
(\|)o0(|/)

Pandastyle

Post#73 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:10 am

ah yes, now I see the "rune of regeneration"
Thanks for the context. I will try to pay attention to the numbers I reach on my mara against runies and other squishies
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

hammerhead

Post#74 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:55 am

Try, my friend. It's already in your back, squig stench breathes densely. He does not even need to switch a stance to compete in who has more "skill cap".
(\|)o0(|/)

Foofmonger

Post#75 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:55 am

I've always been in favor for nerfing/removing Gift of Monstro for some kind of teleport ability on Mara.

Moonbiter

Post#76 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:50 am

Foofmonger wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:55 am I've always been in favor for nerfing/removing Gift of Monstro for some kind of teleport ability on Mara.
+ for that.

Do take that aoe 2k crits mentioned above. E.g. WL can take'em )

nat3s

Post#77 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Mergrim wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:23 pm Can you show me any screen when choppa outdps mara or melle squig on city?.
Got few idea how balance marauder.
Wrecking Ball dmg x2, change it hit only 1 times in sec. Cd from 13sec to 20sec.
Tactic Piercing Bite:50% ignore, it's like 700ws?, make it 25% max. Why?...sw got 25% ignore tactic for only skrimish skill, we/wh got 7sec buff 50% ignore(60sec cd), and mara got 50% in 1 tactic...

There are too many pounce like abilities in the game, I don't think we want another, however switching the last tactic in Brut to reduce pull CD and make it instant feels about right. Allows you to have more uptime on target by sacrificing a tactic slot (which is a painful decision for a Mara as they have awesome tactics) whilst also not introducing yet another pounce like ability.

Re Choppa, having played for most of the best guilds and won many pure guild vs guild city instances, I can tell you that an aoe Choppa is way above aoe Mara in terms of potential damage. You can expect an aoe Choppa of equal gear/skill to be a good 30%+ higher total dmg. Choppa is also comfortably ahead of mSH.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Mergrim

Post#78 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:05 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:46 pm There are too many pounce like abilities in the game, I don't think we want another, however switching the last tactic in Brut to reduce pull CD and make it instant feels about right. Allows you to have more uptime on target by sacrificing a tactic slot (which is a painful decision for a Mara as they have awesome tactics) whilst also not introducing yet another pounce like ability.

Re Choppa, having played for most of the best guilds and won many pure guild vs guild city instances, I can tell you that an aoe Choppa is way above aoe Mara in terms of potential damage. You can expect an aoe Choppa of equal gear/skill to be a good 30%+ higher total dmg. Choppa is also comfortably ahead of mSH.
Screen from city yesterday, idk maybe Bisinka is weak choppa....but Noisy is 64 vanq/opressor mara, can't find second mara maybe he is conq?
Now: Mara=choppa in aoe with much better survi, can morale bomb, better in single target:D it's like most broken class for me now on destro side.
+person who is third in ranked sc ask for better mobility....joke?....

Ads
Winry

Post#79 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:45 pm

People want their class to be able to faceroll over people they don't give a **** about "balance".

Pandastyle

Post#80 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:25 pm

Mergrim wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:05 pm
nat3s wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:46 pm There are too many pounce like abilities in the game, I don't think we want another, however switching the last tactic in Brut to reduce pull CD and make it instant feels about right. Allows you to have more uptime on target by sacrificing a tactic slot (which is a painful decision for a Mara as they have awesome tactics) whilst also not introducing yet another pounce like ability.

Screen from city yesterday, idk maybe Bisinka is weak choppa....but Noisy is 64 vanq/opressor mara, can't find second mara maybe he is conq?
Now: Mara=choppa in aoe with much better survi, can morale bomb, better in single target:D it's like most broken class for me now on destro side.
+person who is third in ranked sc ask for better mobility....joke?....
looking at the screenshot you guys won a pretty number of fights there. Your engi has 33 db's... the top mara died 4 times the choppa 10 times. The choppa was probably dead more of the time than he was alive. Its no secret that mara is tankier than choppa due to monstro and choppa class mechanic. You can also see that Orksofekrund is even less in dmg and he is a decent choppa. So what you can see here is that in a non-optimal setup mara will outdmg choppa because they are tankier. But if the support is there, e.g. pre-made, very good healer etc the above mentioned still holds true that choppa outdmgs mara.

On a side-note: were all three squiggys ranged? I thougth mSH is such a frickin beast, devouring order everywhere it looks. (dont take this seriuosly pls, I just like the banter)
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot