Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder mobility

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
theoddone

Marauder mobility

Post#1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:27 pm

Not often I make threads but was watching Cimbas latest solo ranked video and found it quite interesting. Great play by Cimba as usual. Did not want to ruin his/her thread with balance discussion.

Click here to watch on YouTube

The part I found interesting with the video was that it's a great example of how easy it is to shut a marauder down.
Notice how the marauder gets punted and kd almost every 30sec by the kotbs combined with the constant snare. Not to mention the ap drain.
Out of the cluster that is mara, sh, wl, and sw, the mara has the worst mobility. Just notice how the wl pounces back when punted. And the wl does more dmg in loner spec so please no "but muh the pet dies".
So what does the mara get in comparison to the above-mentioned classes to compensate for the lack of mobility? Not more dmg, especially burst. Not on-demand CC. Utility? Compered to wl we get inc healing debuff, but that's about it. Class mechanic? Mostly a clunky stance mechanic that restricts, but there's at least gift of monstrosity. However, in this setting, it's not that useful. Especially after the change that the GoM buff gets removed if you swap stance.
Another issue with the lack of mobility is that it's so easy to read the marauder's movements. You can see the marauder coming from miles away. This limits gameplay options quite a bit in a 6v6 setting.

Atm I think that the class lacks anything unique that sets it apart from other dps classes with single target specs. Don't think there's a need for massive tweaks, but some small changes are needed. Any ideas?
-Theo

Ads
BelligerentBob

Re: Marauder mobility

Post#2 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:23 pm

Give Mara a blink, its what Tzeentch would want.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

wildwindblows

Post#3 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Hello Theoddone,

I'm playing this game almost 5 years. My main is mara so I can say that mara was really nice before the 2018 nerfs. Maybe it was too OP and nerf was needed. However, this class nerfed to the ground and this made it unplayable. In 2020, finally we got a few adjastments but still mara is weak a bit compared to other dps classes. Yes, mara has heal db but cost of this is very high and only can be used in one stance. This means, we cannot use heal db in brut and monstro stances. Same scenario is valid for armor db. If mara get cd increase db in any other stance, this broke the class mechanic. Swap dancing is everything for mara to be efficient. Maybe cd increase db should effect the stance skills. And yes, I think mara's damage is still low compared to any other dps class but, I learned to do not compare classes in this 5 years. (Dert mi çekiyoruz, oyun mu oynuyoruz? :D) I totally agree with you, and I just want to add my concern about this class. I stopped to create marauder topics because nobody listens and all topics I created were ruined by order fans.

Cheers Master :)

Everdin

Post#4 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:49 pm

I agree with you, just remove utility and give marauder more damage.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Mergrim

Post#5 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:53 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:31 pm Hello Theoddone,

I'm playing this game almost 5 years. My main is mara so I can say that mara was really nice before the 2018 nerfs. Maybe it was too OP and nerf was needed. However, this class nerfed to the ground and this made it unplayable. In 2020, finally we got a few adjastments but still mara is weak a bit compared to other dps classes. Yes, mara has heal db but cost of this is very high and only can be used in one stance. This means, we cannot use heal db in brut and monstro stances. Same scenario is valid for armor db. If mara get cd increase db in any other stance, this broke the class mechanic. Swap dancing is everything for mara to be efficient. Maybe cd increase db should effect the stance skills. And yes, I think mara's damage is still low compared to any other dps class but, I learned to do not compare classes in this 5 years. (Dert mi çekiyoruz, oyun mu oynuyoruz? :D) I totally agree with you, and I just want to add my concern about this class. I stopped to create marauder topics because nobody listens and all topics I created were ruined by order fans.

This is joke? Mara is most broken class in game and should be nerfed. What is point to play choppa? when you got better single target, better aoe dmg and survi x10?
Nerf mara/squig/wl/sw. Class like wl/mara should never done more dmg then slayer/choppa. Same sw/squig vs bw/sorc.

wildwindblows

Post#6 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Mergrim wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:53 pm

This is joke? Mara is most broken class in game and should be nerfed. What is point to play choppa? when you got better single target, better aoe dmg and survi x10?
Nerf mara/squig/wl/sw. Class like wl/mara should never done more dmg then slayer/choppa. Same sw/squig vs bw/sorc.
Mara is already hitting the lowest damage. Look wl's. They are near damage of BW. And yes this is joke.
Last edited by wildwindblows on Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pandastyle

Post#7 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:07 pm

Mergrim wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:53 pm

a good choppa will always outdmg a mara of equal skill
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

MMXX43

Post#8 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Mara has great escape tools that can be turned into offensive mobility , giving more speed to an alreay overstacked kitting and utility realm + great damage on mara is just way out of balance.

Mara is in a good place if you push for a change , it should be a nerf .

Ads
jughurta

Post#9 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:20 pm

i never laught so much, low damage mara ????
Mara have the biggest melee burst ST in the game ( i have mara 85+) and that's why there is no stun in full st

Mergrim

Post#10 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Can you show me any screen when choppa outdps mara or melle squig on city?.
Got few idea how balance marauder.
Wrecking Ball dmg x2, change it hit only 1 times in sec. Cd from 13sec to 20sec.
Tactic Piercing Bite:50% ignore, it's like 700ws?, make it 25% max. Why?...sw got 25% ignore tactic for only skrimish skill, we/wh got 7sec buff 50% ignore(60sec cd), and mara got 50% in 1 tactic...