Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Mutation/Stance

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vizio

[Marauder] Mutation/Stance

Post#1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:49 am

Started a baby Marauder, only lvl 12 and I asked a question in advice channel about staying in one stance all the time or switching between them. I got some good feedback and seems like I should be switching between all three. Is this correct? Thats a lot of skill to have cluttered on action bar. Beside the obvious AOE mutation, when do I chose between Savagery/Brutality? Any addons that help with action bar clutter? Thanks for any helpful info, much appreciated.

Ads
vastou

Re: [Marauder] Mutation/Stance

Post#2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:02 am

There is 2 main build :

Savagery & Brutality : (left & middle) Sava debuff, Bruta mono dps

Monstro & Brutality : (Middle & Right) Monstro mono dps, Bruta aoe dps
I like the last one personnaly but both are really good.

So, you switch mainly between 2 main stances:

Savagery has 3 juicy debuff for mono dps : Armor debuff, Wound debuff, Regen AP debuff.
Brutality is used on both the mono or aoe build, he has Impale wich is very important to switch from aoe stance to use + finisher (guillotine) & a juicy dps tactic (growing instability) / dps buff ( mutated agressor).
Monstro has very cool skills too, wrecking ball that hit hard, a Aoe Dot and a very usefull aoe KD that doesnt require mutation to use.

Enjoy Mara, man, you will never get the dps of a choppa, but you will be near, while being "tanky".
Last edited by vastou on Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nekkma

Post#3 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:09 am

Regrading action bar clutter:
The game automatically switch one bar when you change stance so you can have mutation specifc skills on that bar and general skills that you want to always have avaliable on another bar.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

nat3s

Post#4 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 am

Ignore the above, there are 3 Mara specs:

Brut/Monst - ST spec for guild City WBs - 70% crit chance with gear, 1150+ str, hit like a truck
Monst/Brut - AoE spec for City WBs - Compatible with both pug and guild WBs - Your typical uninformed pugger who doesn't know about guild WB composition will think all Maras are Monst/Brut in Cities. Ignore them, they're just ignorant.
Sav/Brut - Solo roaming spec, debuffer, ok for ranked

Brut/Monst - You are permanently in Brut spec as the first 2 abilities in Monst don't require a stance. Your job is to assist train as part of the ST group killing healers.
Monst/Brut - Mostly Monst, switching Brut for a quick Guillotine execute - but if you're in one of the WB AoE groups, you should really be cleaving as hard as poss, letting the ST group kill off the healers 1 by 1 until the AoE cleave can collapse the enemy WB.
Sav/Brut - You'll switch Brut for Guillotine, other than that you're mostly sat in Sav.

To add some context on which one is most popular, it changes a lot, but for the most part, WBs run 1 ST group and 3 AoE so demand for Monst will be greater than Brut, but playing Brut in the ST group feels more powerful for me.

Enjoy!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Pandastyle

Post#5 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:42 am

nat3s wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 am Ignore the above, there are 3 Mara specs:

Brut/Monst - ST spec for guild City WBs - 70% crit chance with gear, 1150+ str, hit like a truck
Monst/Brut - AoE spec for City WBs - Compatible with both pug and guild WBs - Your typical uninformed pugger who doesn't know about guild WB composition will think all Maras are Monst/Brut in Cities. Ignore them, they're just ignorant.

Brut/Monst - You are permanently in Brut spec as the first 2 abilities in Monst don't require a stance. Your job is to assist train as part of the ST group killing healers.
Monst/Brut - Mostly Monst, switching Brut for a quick Guillotine execute - but if you're in one of the WB AoE groups, you should really be cleaving as hard as poss, letting the ST group kill off the healers 1 by 1 until the AoE cleave can collapse the enemy WB.
Sav/Brut - You'll switch Brut for Guillotine, other than that you're mostly sat in Sav.

To add some context on which one is most popular, it changes a lot, but for the most part, WBs run 1 ST group and 3 AoE so demand for Monst will be greater than Brut, but playing Brut in the ST group feels more powerful for me.

Enjoy!
this. I'd like to add that in Brut/monstro you can also help the occasional cleave of the aoe grps and apply pressure on blob (demolition critting for 800-900+)
While I agree with your stance (hah!) on the Monstr/Brut specc, I think its a beginner friendly build because you dont have a lot of gear to make it work. and as you said its pug friendly.
Can you maybe elaborate which gear you have to get to 70% crit and 1150+ str? I am full sov and I can get to about 40% maybe, so I am curious what gear you speak of.
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

wachlarz

Post#6 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:18 am

Enjoy!
sava/brut solo roam spec ? uff

Vizio

Post#7 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:41 pm

I am really enjoying the class so far. Thank you all for the great feedback, very helpful :)

nat3s

Post#8 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:42 am

Enjoy!
this. I'd like to add that in Brut/monstro you can also help the occasional cleave of the aoe grps and apply pressure on blob (demolition critting for 800-900+)
While I agree with your stance (hah!) on the Monstr/Brut specc, I think its a beginner friendly build because you dont have a lot of gear to make it work. and as you said its pug friendly.
Can you maybe elaborate which gear you have to get to 70% crit and 1150+ str? I am full sov and I can get to about 40% maybe, so I am curious what gear you speak of.

35% base + 5% lini + 20% FoF + 10% (usually from BG in the ST group, but you could run Impale if you're bringing the +crit debuff)
1150+ strength is where you run CE+BF tactics, so probably more accurate to say "options to run 1150+ strength" as you won't do this often.

Getting 35% base is 5x Sov, 3x Sent including running the crit gem on the Sent ring.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
Haskr

Post#9 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:25 pm

Is the stance swapping anoying? Mara is the only class I never really played, I dig the style and looks of the class but always thought of the swapping as a hassle. Would like to go full single target dmg :) :D :evil:

Elemint

Post#10 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:53 pm

Haskr wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:25 pm Is the stance swapping anoying? Mara is the only class I never really played, I dig the style and looks of the class but always thought of the swapping as a hassle. Would like to go full single target dmg :) :D :evil:
You get used to the act of swapping, but those 5 seconds do feel long