Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Shocking Jolt -> Strenghten Thrall?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aezron

[Magus] Shocking Jolt -> Strenghten Thrall?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:16 pm

While playing my Magus today, I accidently noticed that the previous ability "Shocking Jolt" (removes stagger from friends) seems to have been replaced by "Strenghten Thrall" (3s channel to heal Daemon).
Either this was done very recently, or maybe I'm just slow to notice this?
I know we've been asking a lot to make our Daemons more durable/healable, so at least now we can heal them ourself! (It takes AP/GCDs though, but at least there is now a way)

Anyone else noticed this? What do you think of it?

Ads
Flowson
Game Artist

Re: [Magus] Shocking Jolt -> Strenghten Thrall?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:18 pm

- Shocking Jolt is removed and replaced by Strenghten Thrall : 3 seconds channeled heal on your minion. While you stabilize your minion's health, it is immune to damage.

- Pet bufflines will correctly display the gifted stats from Magus items

- Magus buffline will correctly show which horror they are controlling

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42102

lyncher12

Post#3 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:28 pm

what do I think of it? it doesn't really help with core issues and is yet another change that is off the mark. Magus and Engineer didn't need a buff no matter how small to their ability to sit on a wall and pick people off.

Aezron

Post#4 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:32 pm

Flowson wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:18 pm - Shocking Jolt is removed and replaced by Strenghten Thrall : 3 seconds channeled heal on your minion. While you stabilize your minion's health, it is immune to damage.

- Pet bufflines will correctly display the gifted stats from Magus items

- Magus buffline will correctly show which horror they are controlling

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42102
Oh there were patch notes! I didn't realize.
Well, to discuss them, I've already used the new Strengthen Thrall more than I've used Shocking Jolt..
What I really like about the changes though are that the Pet Bufflines are now finally visible, that have been something I've missed for a long time!

catholicism198

Post#5 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:23 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:28 pm what do I think of it? it doesn't really help with core issues and is yet another change that is off the mark. Magus and Engineer didn't need a buff no matter how small to their ability to sit on a wall and pick people off.
If anything, it’s at least interesting how the skill that was removed/replaced, on live, is replacing the skill it was replaced with.
Maybe this change means grunbag is looking into that long list of old abilities I wrote way back when. Wonder if anything else will be resurrected.

IkkAhaWARG

Post#6 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:58 pm

how u play ?
something to download here?

Artwork

Post#7 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:25 am

Home Page, click on the big "Join Us" button, and go from there. The download (however you do it) will take a while, but the game is free and mostly quite fun. Not much to lose by trying it out.

neutrino

Post#8 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:57 am

I'm gonna try it out - BUT - never needed it and to waste a GCD on healing a pet is not gonna solve them vaporizing in fort/city fights. Just put them back to their live level of durability. We have an insta cast ability for close quarter fighting. Every time the damn thing dies we lose our damage buff, but then we need to take more time now to heal the damn pet versus sustained dps. Burst is already and issue with magus cast and dot tick times. It's just another mechanic that over complicates the class versus something like a sorc. Magus = walk, chew gum, rub belly, hop on one foot, etc. class. = spawn pet, stand by pet, move pet, heal pet, do some dots, try to burst, etc. Now what I want for xmas is a heal debuff at 50%.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Ads
Starx

Post#9 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:23 am

Changing the skill was good, its a relic from a time when staggers were 9? seconds and AoE this skill would actually come in handy sometimes. But after they gutted CC ya... its trash. There are a lot of examples abilities that where tuned to pre nerf CC levels that were never changed and need to be, stuff like 3 second disarms/silence should really be more like 5 to make them worth using over stuns (looking at WE/WH kit its kinda sad all the CC options you have but never use). And some other stuff I cant think off the top of my head besides rift/magnet could REALLY used some love to reflect the new CC environment and immunities.

Schweedy

Post#10 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:13 am

neutrino wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:57 am Now what I want for xmas is a heal debuff at 50%.
That's an insane suggestion. You craze!

Something more reasonable would be:
1. Making Pet more durable
2. Lowering the Cooldown on Pet Resummoning from 20 secs to 10 seconds.
3. Extending the Pet Bonuses to the other masteries (e.g. Flamer makes all Abilities Mobile Havok and Daemonology too).
4. Fix Underperforming Tactics Like "Endless Pandemonium" and "Infernal Pain" (both of which are mediocre in any setting or Tier).
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60