Recent Topics

Ads

Any Zealot Guides out there?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DR4296

Any Zealot Guides out there?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:40 pm

Just wondering if there were any Zealot Build and/or Play Guides out there somewhere? (Searched here, didn't find any.)

Just rolled one, but I like to "read ahead" to learn about the class and recommendations about it.

Ads
Haskr

Re: Any Zealot Guides out there?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 pm

Here are some tips I gave another zealot looking for help some weeks ago, maybe they help you too:

RoR.builders - Zealot
I don't play Zealot anymore so maybe some experts can help you better, but I try to give a few points:

- To take all of the good stuff you need rr60+ (so you can take stagger and tzeentch's grip tactic)

- Tzeentch's grip tactic is very good, gives the target an absorb shield (the good thing about absorb in this game is that it cannot crit, so if a Boiling Blood from some Bright Wizard would crit you for 2k dmg but you have a shield up that takes absorbs 300 dmg it absorbs it all)

- Warping the spirit tactic is very good, it gives the target an increase in armor and lower armor penetration, can be dropped if you play in a premade and everyone know what he is doing, in pugs were people might not even use armor pots its a very good tactic

- Blessing of chaos is a good tactic to have, it increases all healing on target by 25% for 10 seconds (not only your heals)

-> as you have seen from the previous: most tactics require a critical heal, that means you have to get your healing critical chance as high as possible so you can proc your tactics often

- Aethiric shock is a stagger thats very valuable, try to stagger enemy healers or dd in the backline that are not attacked (damage on target breaks the stagger). If you succeed your target can do nothing for 6 seconds, if you get a stagger on an enemy healer for 6 seconds you can decide some fights. If you get ganked by a witch hunter alone you can stagger him, mount up (3 seconds) and ride into the sunset.

- Ritual of Innervation is an AOE ground target skill that should always be up, it gives you and your team valuable action points when they activate an ability, The healing ritual (right tree is also very very good because it can also proc your tactics since some patches some time ago)

- Other good tactics are: Restorative Burst if you have problems with your AP management, Endless Gifts is a very good tactic to constantly cleanse a single target (watch your AP)

- Slot armor or wounds talismans, your willpower should be at about 600, no need to go higher it has very bad returns

-Use your detaunt and aoe detaunt properly

- always be on the move, the biggest advantage of a zealot(and runepriest) is that he has a spammable flash heal on the move (Flash of chaos, the higher the heal crit the better that skill and the more your tactics will proc.

- Spec 20 renown points into dodge and disrupt, take futile strikes 1, take your initiative rune and see what your chance to be crit is, if its still to high take futile strikes 2, THEN spec the rest into heal crit., you can also go full futile strikes and then heal crit, try what you like the most, chance to be crit should be at least at zero

Karkaroth

Post#3 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:54 am

wait zealot have an aoe detaunt ?

Pitchdark

Post#4 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:36 am

Yes, for 10 sec but 3 minutes cooldown
Gildenleiter Guerra
Elbilo Schild Jünger RR 80
Fumiik Schami RR 81
Onsledt Zelot RR 83
Huizspoita Spalter RR 70
Unrecht Chosen RR 83
War RoR Video´s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mllYzM ... qNIi_1-ls0

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:24 pm

Karkaroth wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:54 am wait zealot have an aoe detaunt ?
same as RP grimnirs shield

M0rw47h

Post#6 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:59 pm

It's not "aoe detaunt" to begin with, as it's blessing placed on zealot and can be shattered.

Opeteh

Post#7 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:46 pm

Let me just add a little to those good point of your:
Haskr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 pm - Tzeentch's grip tactic is very good, gives the target an absorb shield (the good thing about absorb in this game is that it cannot crit, so if a Boiling Blood from some Bright Wizard would crit you for 2k dmg but you have a shield up that takes absorbs 300 dmg it absorbs it all)
Let me just say that you should never give up on this tactic. You may rotate with other trying to figure your build, but this one is priceless. On Scenario, for every 500k heal you do, it should add in avarage around 150k absorb if used correctly (with Ritual of Lunacy that count as direct heal).
Haskr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 pm - Blessing of chaos is a good tactic to have, it increases all healing on target by 25% for 10 seconds (not only your heals)
Again, I can't imagine playing as a healer without it. It's literally a blessing for zealots and your party.
Haskr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 pm - Aethiric shock is a stagger thats very valuable, try to stagger enemy healers or dd in the backline that are not attacked (damage on target breaks the stagger). If you succeed your target can do nothing for 6 seconds, if you get a stagger on an enemy healer for 6 seconds you can decide some fights. If you get ganked by a witch hunter alone you can stagger him, mount up (3 seconds) and ride into the sunset.
It's really worth to mention and that suppriesed me a bit (although I still don't understand the logic behind it) that 6 sec stagger will gave your enemy target much shorter cooldown (30sec) to be staggered or silenced again (it's called Unstoppable and you really should have addon like Aura or Buffhead to track it's cooldown on enemy if you want to stagger it) than 4 second silence on your skill called Tzeentch's Lash (40 seconds of Unstoppable)
Haskr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 pm - Ritual of Innervation is an AOE ground target skill that should always be up, it gives you and your team valuable action points when they activate an ability, The healing ritual (right tree is also very very good because it can also proc your tactics since some patches some time ago)
As mentioned above, Ritual of Lunacy (healing one) really nicely works with absorb tactic (as it counts as direct heal) and certain gear related abilities like Vanguisher 7th set buff that quicken your cast time. Many people are not happpy that I'm not giving them AP with Ritual of Innervation on PvP but man, that synergy with my Triumphant set and all other tactics is irreplaceable. Mind that Ritual of Innervation on the other hand is a must on PvE content.
Haskr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 pm - Other good tactics are: Restorative Burst if you have problems with your AP management, Endless Gifts is a very good tactic to constantly cleanse a single target (watch your AP)
I would recommend to replace Chaotic Force with Restorative Burst. Personally I hate not being able to cast spells and zealot do not have enough AP management from even a top tier gear to be able to not run out of AP without that tactic, especially when you healing your party with AOE spells like Dust of Pendemonium.
Haskr wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 pm - Spec 20 renown points into dodge and disrupt, take futile strikes 1, take your initiative rune and see what your chance to be crit is, if its still to high take futile strikes 2, THEN spec the rest into heal crit., you can also go full futile strikes and then heal crit, try what you like the most, chance to be crit should be at least at zero
The only acceptable approach in serious PvP for me is 3 points into Futile Strikes and 4 points into heal crit (or even 4 FS and 3 HC for content like Ranked games).
Opeteh (87 zealot) / Ovvi (80 Witch Elf)

Gangan

Post#8 » Thu May 06, 2021 2:33 pm

I'm thinking about to try ranked solo, because the Triumphant-Set is a neat upgrade of my Vanquisher-gear^^

As I have no real experience in 6vs6 I'm curious about some basic tips in how to get the best out of my class (or at least try to :P).

Atm my zeal is rr65 and has full vanq, full genesis, sub-dagger and sc-focus.
Usually I run this build for scs and roam .
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5704,5707
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads