Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Suggest Builds please

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kardog

[Chosen] Suggest Builds please

Post#1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a new player and I would appreciate if you could suggest some builds for the Chosen.

If possible could you suggest a one-hander and shield build and a 2H build, as well as some suggested rotations? I'd really like to try out both to see what would fit my playstyle the most.

Thank you in advance.

Ads
Zxul

Re: [Chosen] Suggest Builds please

Post#2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:12 pm

Depends what are you actually looking for. Being tanky? Doing dmg? Hybrid for solo roaming/pug?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Kardog

Post#3 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Thank you for asking.

Well, I'd like to do some tanking as that is why I picked the class, but it would also be nice to have a solo/dmg build as well. By looking into the builder a bit and also checking some of the builds posted in the forum I have a rough idea and I am simply looking for a bit more input as to what works well.

Additionally, I am gravitating toward the Path of Discord, at least as far as Discordant Turbulence and Quake seem pretty good to have.

Also for a potential 2H build, I am wondering if Oppressing Blows + Relentless would be a good combo and is Rending blade worth it.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Zxul

Post#4 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:57 pm

For snb while still doing decent dmg, use this one:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4795,4775

For roaming ap aura/resists/aoe dmg aura, between dmg aura/Backlash/Bane Shield/ToP/Cleave spam with spirit dmg tactic+ap aura you will do a very decent dmg, while still being tanky. For starting armor set go 5 conq/merc chest for regen, renown max parry/max dodge disr/ rest into FS.

Rotation is snare/wounds debuff (always use wounds debuff in start of fight, its your highest dmg ability if used first)- ToP-SW- Relentless/ToT/WB if no parry on target, or Cleave spam if parry. Mix in Suppression in there somewhere, if anything melee around. Get Bane Shield in somewhere there as well. For am/rp, use WB on CD as well, ap drain from it combined with aura ap drain adds up.

For kiters, channel htl on the run while chasing them, then Quake- melee snare- Juggernaut to break snare from their self punt of whatever they will hit you with- kill.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Kardog

Post#5 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:12 am

Thank you very much. This does look like a very interesting build.

Would you suggest using the last point on Tzeentch's Reflection or on Shatter Faith?

Zxul

Post#6 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:45 am

Kardog wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:12 am Thank you very much. This does look like a very interesting build.

Would you suggest using the last point on Tzeentch's Reflection or on Shatter Faith?
Shatter Faith is useless- a very little dmg (specially that you got Raze), and useless special effect. Get Tzeentch's Reflection- never tested it, but its very likely that it doesn't stacks with htl, from other hand the silence is useful during pushes.

Kardog

Post#7 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:45 pm

Thank you very much for all the assistance.

Skullgrin

Post#8 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:33 pm

I wrote a guide for 2H Chosen about a year and a half ago, you can find it on the first page in this thread. It's a bit out of date now (for instance Subjugator cloak and Battle Brew backpack now have to be worn in order to be used), but most of the lower level advice should still be relevant. Keep in mind that it is from a mostly solo roaming viewpoint. I have received lots of positive feedback regarding it, so I guess it is still relevant. Anyway, hope it helps! :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Kardog

Post#9 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:13 am

It's very clear and detailed.
Thank you very much, Skullgrin.

Detangler

Post#10 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 pm

Not sure why you'd go sword and board and not go middle tree for Mixed Defenses tactic.

Personally sword and board DPS build isn't about maximizing DPS - its about maximizing defenses while also putting out decent damage. Yes, relentless is decent burst, but what % increase are you getting over those 3 seconds vs just spamming Discordant Winds-powered Cleave? What about when your Relentless hits are blocked?

RoR.builders - Chosen

This has been my build for quite a while. Oppression is great for when I dont feel like popping an armor pot (or baiting solo Order into thinking i'm some scrub newb player that doesn't run pots). For solo, i usually run the basics Str, Toughness, and resists - even if its only 75 str, mostly cause i'm lazy/want to bait people into fighting me. Cleave spamming damage is probably 200-400 depending on level of Str you're running and target. Max defenses for renown. Can a 2h Chosen out DPS me? Of course, but they cant last near as long.

Most classes can't kill me. A few high rank WHs can be scary, but only if I dont pop a regen health pot. Only things I can't really kill are the pure healers. Everything else is fair game. DPS AMs are iffy depending on how lucky i get with disrupts.

This build also is very warband friendly. A couple tactics swaps, gear swaps and aura swaps and you're good to go for city fights. No need to respec.

Gear wise - just avoid stuff with weaponskill. Pick pieces that maximize other stats. Fleshrender accessories are lovely if you can get your hands on them. I run zero crit - again personal preference. Either go high crit or no crit, and I can't get it to fit with the gear pieces available to my liking.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable