[Chosen] Suggest Builds please

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
rmarcoux86

Re: [Chosen] Suggest Builds please

Post#11 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:47 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:33 pm I wrote a guide for 2H Chosen about a year and a half ago, you can find it on the first page in this thread. It's a bit out of date now (for instance Subjugator cloak and Battle Brew backpack now have to be worn in order to be used), but most of the lower level advice should still be relevant. Keep in mind that it is from a mostly solo roaming viewpoint. I have received lots of positive feedback regarding it, so I guess it is still relevant. Anyway, hope it helps! :D
Thanks for this guide, it helped me a lot in the beginning.

However, with the availability of Discordant Winds now, is it advisable to go the "avoid WS" route with endgame gear or can the endgame gear/spec give you enough WS to make a physical build superior? I'm currently at this crossroads and will start spending royals soon. I see a lot of endgame 2h Chosens that seemingly went the non-discordant winds route and stacked WS. Maybe they just got locked into that gear because they acquired it before the discordant winds change or it's just that good... idk.
Preesh - 69 Bright Wizard
Preeesh - 72 Chosen

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:48 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 pm Not sure why you'd go sword and board and not go middle tree for Mixed Defenses tactic.
I use snb as htl enabler on mine. Not to mention, ap aura synergies really well with htl, for dealing with kiters.
rmarcoux86 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:47 pm However, with the availability of Discordant Winds now, is it advisable to go the "avoid WS" route with endgame gear or can the endgame gear/spec give you enough WS to make a physical build superior? I'm currently at this crossroads and will start spending royals soon. I see a lot of endgame 2h Chosens that seemingly went the non-discordant winds route and stacked WS. Maybe they just got locked into that gear because they acquired it before the discordant winds change or it's just that good... idk.

Back before Discordant Winds, I actually went ws dps snb for Cleave and other physical dmg abilities, and it did work well. Not sure if its worth it now, however at the very least it does frees a tactic slot.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Kardog

Post#13 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Thank you, everyone, for the input.

After playing around with the Career builder I have come up with something of a swiss army knife build yet I am unsure as to how viable it would be. Could you please take a look and advise me if this sounds good to you:

RoR.builders - Chosen

As for the Renown, I was thinking something along these lines:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;4;4;2;0;0

My question is do you think that the trade-off for the AP Aura instead of Opression would be a good idea?

Thank you in advance.

Zxul

Post#14 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:07 pm

Oppression armor buff doesn't stacks with pot, so unless you decided to run thorns pot (dmg on which sucks) the only thing which you are getting out Oppression is 15% dmg mitigation. Which isn't bad, but also sure isn't kotb self buff.

Also, not maxing trees means your abilities won't get max scaling (for example, resist aura will buff resists for less).

As for renown, with only FS2 Flawless Armor is a must, and you probably want to invest the off points into renown init.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Kardog

Post#15 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:04 pm

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Finally, Can I check what Morals would you recommend. I know that for Rank 2 I want Distracting Bellow and for Rank 4 Immaculate Defence seams like the best option no matter what I go for.

For Rank 3 I was leaning towards Raze butImpenetrable armor beats it out I think. As for Rank 1 I have no clue but Demolishing strike seams like the worst option and as I have decided to skip out on the Path of Corruption I like Champion's Challange for some additional lockdown.

Could something along these lines work:

RoR.builders - Chosen

As for the Renown I'd still like to get away with only 2 pints in FS but for the rest I am open to suggestions.

Zxul

Post#16 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:55 pm

Yep should work.

M1 is nice for armor debuff if going for physical dmg, but not in this spec. M1 root is nice, not sure if sw/wh can still self punt out of it though (on live they could). The ap regen m1 is decent as well- as chosen you get kills by constant pressure and not by burst, free full ap recharge helps with that.

Detangler

Post#17 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:50 am

Zxul wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:07 pm Oppression armor buff doesn't stacks with pot, so unless you decided to run thorns pot (dmg on which sucks) the only thing which you are getting out Oppression is 15% dmg mitigation. Which isn't bad, but also sure isn't kotb self buff.

Also, not maxing trees means your abilities won't get max scaling (for example, resist aura will buff resists for less).

As for renown, with only FS2 Flawless Armor is a must, and you probably want to invest the off points into renown init.
Oppression gives like 300 more armor than the potiom bonus. It's not much, but its something. Downside is if its blocked/parried, you get no buffs - unlike suppression parry bonus.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Kardog

Post#18 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Thank you very much, everyone, for your input.

After quite a bit of thought, I have decided to go for the following build, ignoring some damage for greater utility:

RoR.builders - Chosen

And I will ve keeping the same renown build I was going for initially:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;4;4;2;0;0

And for levelling and aiming to get to that build I will be sticking to the following with Quake being my first priority for utility purposes:

RoR.builders - Chosen

Again thank you very much for all of the advice provided. I am truly glad to be joining this community.

Ads
Kardog

Post#19 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Revisiting this topic due to the removal of Discordant winds.

Would Chosen players recommend the Path of Discord tree as your max out tree? I am asking as that to me seems the most fun. Would 2h or SnB be better?

Also what tactic would you suggest as a replacement?

Thank you in advance.

vastou

Post#20 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:34 pm

did the class died on dps part ? :s