Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] Soloing in pve (questing)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lokiie1984

[Zealot] Soloing in pve (questing)

Post#1 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:10 pm

So after trying a number of classes i've found that i really enjoy playing a healer in scenarios. However i haven't tried it in RvR yet. But that's besides the point. I have it narrowed down to either shaman or zealot. So far i really enjoy the shaman in pve but so far their class mechanic in pvp has me fumbling. I cant seem to be able to keep the focus to do both dps and heal at the same time to empower their spells. Plus i don't really enjoy being a goblin. Love the orcs and goblins in the game, just don't wanna play one.

So my question is, how well do zealots solo in pve for questing and PQs? I like to do the ones i come across unless the boss is a hero, in which case i haven't come across any class that can solo those. Right now my shaman is 12 and my zealot is 7, mostly leveled through quests and scenarios.

I stumbled across a post from a couple years ago that said the zealot is "the king of solo pve" but they didn't go into detail. Is that still the case? Or was it ever the case?

Thanks

Edit - I wanted to add, i actually really enjoy the WP / DoK in pve questing but i really dislike the melee game play in pvp. Would it be possible to play a DoK from range? If so what level and renown would be required to do it well?

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: [Zealot] Soloing in pve (questing)

Post#2 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:28 pm

They become unkilleble AOE monsters in late game. You can even solo some hard PQ's. The trick is the lifetap tactic Transference outheals almost anything PVE mobs can do to you if you hit enough enemies with your AoE's. And even if you overpull you have a steady kit of defensive skills that can keep you alive.

Early game it's patience that matters. Pull enimies with DoT and then rotate Deamon Spattle and Rite of Agony while self healing in between. Don't bother with dps stance while doing this. Play defensive with larger pulls instead. Also avoid +lvl mobs. Larger pulls of lower lvl mobs is faster XP in the long run when solo.

lokiie1984

Post#3 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:36 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:28 pm They become unkilleble AOE monsters in late game. You can even solo some hard PQ's. The trick is the lifetap tactic Transference outheals almost anything PVE mobs can do to you if you hit enough enemies with your AoE's. And even if you overpull you have a steady kit of defensive skills that can keep you alive.

Early game it's patience that matters. Pull enimies with DoT and then rotate Deamon Spattle and Rite of Agony while self healing in between. Don't bother with dps stance while doing this. Play defensive with larger pulls instead. Also avoid +lvl mobs. Larger pulls of lower lvl mobs is faster XP in the long run when solo.
Hm sounds interesting. When they do that at higher levels, does it take forever to kill things or is it fairly fast? I'll have to keep leveling it see how it feels a lil later in levels. I feel like the server wants me to play it anyway, had a black dye drop this morning lol. Off the first chaos pq too.

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:46 pm

lokiie1984 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:36 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:28 pm They become unkilleble AOE monsters in late game. You can even solo some hard PQ's. The trick is the lifetap tactic Transference outheals almost anything PVE mobs can do to you if you hit enough enemies with your AoE's. And even if you overpull you have a steady kit of defensive skills that can keep you alive.

Hm sounds interesting. When they do that at higher levels, does it take forever to kill things or is it fairly fast? I'll have to keep leveling it see how it feels a lil later in levels. I feel like the server wants me to play it anyway, had a black dye drop this morning lol. Off the first chaos pq too.
At higher level's it's fairly balanced in terms of tempo. But you have to reference downtime between fights to regain health, as well as occasional deaths and re-spawns that other classes have to deal with. Healers can just go on and on and Zealots, as well as Runies, compared to the other healers, have great AoE potential. The consistency and the bag of defensive tricks just makes you invincible. But you need to be like rank 35 or so to get access most of he tools you need.

Goryak

Post#5 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 pm

I'd say this is like the bare minimum to aoe PQ's as zeal and stay alive:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5737,5713
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Fusionfool3

Post#6 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:30 am

Soloing as a Zealot atm, currently Rank 38 and I think I'm missing something about this because the moment a third enemy starts fighting me, I'm basically dead. Transference can't keep me alive through the damage and with Harbinger and Divine Fury active, my heals won't save me.

This leads me to beleive a recent patch that I missed nerfed Zealot, something fishy is going on, or my gear/talisman situation is garbage. (Been focusing on Willpower and Intellect heavily in both stats and Talismans so that might be the more likely culprit of why I'm bad at this game)

Fey

Post#7 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:56 am

You're not bad at the game. Zealot is obviously a good farming class, but mass pulling and soloing PQs takes some experience.

For example you can solo hard PQs on Squig Herder, but it takes time to learn how to kite, snare, kd, sticky squigs.

Honestly the best xp for leveling is scenario quests.

Efficient mass pulling for what is essentially a support class is going to take practice and gear and also the right pq. You'll never solo a hero to complete a pq yourself.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan