Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Pure Bruteburst

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rumpel

[Marauder] Pure Bruteburst

Post#1 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:00 am

If you sad of wearing a babyclaw or a huge pen...meatball on you arm and you finally want to play the coolest mutation tzeentch has to offer you then try this.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5196,5191

Just easy max out your main stats with corrupted edge and burst away your enemies with a nice offhandproc on every "cast" on top.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Ads
Pandastyle

Re: [Marauder] Pure Bruteburst

Post#2 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:48 am

I would not take corrupted edge...with higher gear and rr you should be able to get to softcap with pot and imo the initiave isnt worth the tactic slot.

Better go something like that:

A: Brut/Monstro with strength tactic
RoR.builders - Marauder

if you get critted to often or your chance to get crit is too high change Feeding on Fear with deeply impaled

B: Brut/Monstro without strength tactic
RoR.builders - Marauder

same here change tactic slots accordingly to how you squishy you feel. Flanking is also optional

C: Brut/Sav with armor debuff

This one is a bit more ambitious because it requires stance dancing. Open up with armor debuff then immediately switch to brut stance and apply burst. You are missing out on the KD tho but its a tad more burstier than Brut/Monstro

RoR.builders - Marauder

Same here with tactic slots

Playstyle: Open up with Wave of Terror for a hard hit from 40ft away, follow up with kd on midrange, convulsive slashing for 3hits (1gcd), cancel CS and impale/guillotine. If target is running away hit it with another Wave of Terror. Optional pulverize between CS & impale/finisher if you face e.g. tanks/WH/slayer with high parry/block
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Rumpel

Post#3 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:59 pm

FoF is to often suicide for me. Bleeding Edge allows me to max out crit (30%) with Reknown Points and Gearbonus while having still 0% to be crit and full Strenge.

CS doesn't pop Bruteproc offhandhit? Im only using it yet when someone runs away.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

wildwindblows

Post#4 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:26 am

From my experience, Brut/monstro is really good for city and roam. I haven't tried in ranked sc yet but i dont think it is viable. If mara pick brut who will apply the debuffs. Anyone tried in ranked sc before and what was the experience?

noronn

Post#5 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:49 am

It sucks in ranked.

You give up a 950 lifedebuff which is basically free 950dmg + whatever the ability hits for. The dmg is applied after the debuff value. (Also very high tooltip)

You lose a 1,5k on demand, undefendable armor debuff with high tooltip dmg.

You lose the option to slot healdebuff tactic. RIP MMR with Msquig, Sorc, Magus and any other mentally challenged dps who queues ranked without HD.

And before anyone says the debuffs are redundant cause of BG:

You are not guaranteed to get a BG.
BG lifedebuff is not on demand.
BG Armor debuff is almost 300 less value and not on demand as well.

You are basically freeing up gcds for your tank to cc cause he doesnt need to debuff the target as much and can focus more on cc.

Also what do you want aoe kd in ranked for? You are just going to annoy your tanks and other dps with single target kd because you give free immunities.

wildwindblows

Post#6 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 am

noronn wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:49 am It sucks in ranked.

You give up a 950 lifedebuff which is basically free 950dmg + whatever the ability hits for. The dmg is applied after the debuff value. (Also very high tooltip)

You lose a 1,5k on demand, undefendable armor debuff with high tooltip dmg.

You lose the option to slot healdebuff tactic. RIP MMR with Msquig, Sorc, Magus and any other mentally challenged dps who queues ranked without HD.

And before anyone says the debuffs are redundant cause of BG:

You are not guaranteed to get a BG.
BG lifedebuff is not on demand.
BG Armor debuff is almost 300 less value and not on demand as well.

You are basically freeing up gcds for your tank to cc cause he doesnt need to debuff the target as much and can focus more on cc.

Also what do you want aoe kd in ranked for? You are just going to annoy your tanks and other dps with single target kd because you give free immunities.
I think so. This is why i've never tried before :)

Rumpel

Post#7 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:53 pm

Buuuuuuut you have every 10 secs an ae moral burn spell. And a 10% crit for everyone on your target with impale if you like. 😆
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

wildwindblows

Post#8 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:17 pm

Alsoooooo, if you have choppa in you group lets make that morale drain every 5 sec :)

Ads
Pandastyle

Post#9 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:35 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:26 am From my experience, Brut/monstro is really good for city and roam. I haven't tried in ranked sc yet but i dont think it is viable. If mara pick brut who will apply the debuffs. Anyone tried in ranked sc before and what was the experience?
Is confirmed. I tried and it sucked hard. If you go ranked you basically have to slot heal debuff tactic which other posters already mentioned.
wildwindblows wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:17 pm Alsoooooo, if you have choppa in you group lets make that morale drain every 5 sec :)
afaik the drain is still not working? Its still a nice ability. Frequently critting for 1.4k for me from 40ft away and aoe...I am sure quite a few people looked at their combat log after being killed from that while trying to run away ;) because the general opinion is that maras are unmobile af so it catches them by surprise :P
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

palindrom

Post#10 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:35 pm
wildwindblows wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:17 pm Alsoooooo, if you have choppa in you group lets make that morale drain every 5 sec :)
afaik the drain is still not working?
Morale drain from WoT is working, morale stopper from Crushing Blows tactic is bugged and not working, since been implemented.
Shaqattak - Marauder