Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Being a good tank

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MetalWrath666

[Chosen] Being a good tank

Post#1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:53 pm

It has been discussed a lot of time probably, and commonly people were to ask about a good Chosen DPS build, but I'm struggling to find an effective Rotation for a Tank Chosen.
I was referring to this video but I think this Rotation is not valid: https://youtu.be/3Q-wQGRHQmk.
In this video the opening skill should be Oppression, however Oppression won't activate until you block or parry an enemy skills. So at this point what should I do?

I am here to ask assistance to any skilled/tenured tanky Chosen for best practices and your usual rotation.

My Build is this: RoR.builders - Chosen
I am at 52 RR following the path to be full Conqueror.

Ads
Detangler

Re: [Chosen] Being a good tank

Post#2 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:45 am

That video needs some work. Open with blast wave always. The damage on the actual spell is crap, but it will drop enemy max hp by more than 1000, essentially damaging a full health target. Then suppression for the 15 sec parry buff. Now fit in Oppression when you can, but use Touch of Palsy and seeping wound next. Now you can ravage/cleave for the next few seconds. Rinse and repeat

I personally want snare up as soon as possible and on the target at all times. Chosen has issues with catching ranged, so if they punt you while they still have 5 seconds of snare you might be able to catch them or get close enough for a quake.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

MetalWrath666

Post#3 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Thanks Detangler, such a bunch of good suggestion here!
And what about Dizzying Blow and Downfall? I assume that when you said "snare up as soon as possible" you mean to use Dizzying Blow, am I right?

And instead with Chaotic Aura, which one are the most common one to use in RvR and occasionally Scenarios? What are your best advise on them?

CyunUnderis

Post#4 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:54 pm

To me, you choose auras depending of your team :
- Dreadful Terror (AP aura) if you don't have someone to boost AP for your team (Restored Motivation from a DoK or Ritual of Innervation from a Zealot for example)
- Discordant Turbulence (heal debuff aura) if you run with a melee train warband (strong aura)
- Dreadful Fear (strength aura) if you have only mDPS on your team
- Discordant Fluctuation (backslash aura) if you play against a lot of BWs
- Corrupting Wrath (toughness aura) if your team is melting fast

I always play with Discordant Instability.