Recent Topics

Ads

[Mara] Mutated Aggressor vs VoN

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Pandastyle

[Mara] Mutated Aggressor vs VoN

Post#1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:17 pm

heya,

From the very beginnings I rerolled to Mara and to being on of the higher rr maras on the server I was wondering about one thing...

Can someboy give me a reasonable explanation why VoN of the SW is only 30s cd and a core ability while MA of the Mara is on a 60s cd and has to be specced?
Is it because SW is rDPS? Then pls explain why rDPS needs the shorter cd on it ...
Why do we have to specc it (it doesnt even scale with points spent in the tree...)

No hate, no flame just seriously courios why its that way....maybe the mara has something in return which the WL doenst have because this 4-way mirror works in ways I dont understand completely.

I think Mara is in a quite good spot atm and I dont want the SW further nerfed nor the Mara buffed but this was always bothering me because these are literally the same abilities yet the SW one is so much better...
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: [Mara] Mutated Aggressor vs VoN

Post#2 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 pm

It was part of the career mechanic of the sw in the beginning and gave different boni to different abilities. Mythic later changed it. Why they chose to do it this way can no one here tell you. Mara was buffed way later.

Manatikik

Post#3 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:14 am

Pandastyle wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:17 pm heya,

From the very beginnings I rerolled to Mara and to being on of the higher rr maras on the server I was wondering about one thing...

Can someboy give me a reasonable explanation why VoN of the SW is only 30s cd and a core ability while MA of the Mara is on a 60s cd and has to be specced?
Is it because SW is rDPS? Then pls explain why rDPS needs the shorter cd on it ...
Why do we have to specc it (it doesnt even scale with points spent in the tree...)

No hate, no flame just seriously courios why its that way....maybe the mara has something in return which the WL doenst have because this 4-way mirror works in ways I dont understand completely.

I think Mara is in a quite good spot atm and I dont want the SW further nerfed nor the Mara buffed but this was always bothering me because these are literally the same abilities yet the SW one is so much better...
As Saup said, a lot of initial career stuff was tied to being Vengeful. SW also had lower tool tip values (same with SH but they have pet) that they then changed. Live SW was also built a lot around Festerbombing so they have a lot of situational stuff like that (UF, VoN, Steady Aim).

I still think Primal Fury/Mutated Aggressor should be off the GCD. Just plays a lot smoother.
<Montague><Capulet>

Foofmonger

Post#4 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:55 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:14 am
Pandastyle wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:17 pm heya,

As Saup said, a lot of initial career stuff was tied to being Vengeful. SW also had lower tool tip values (same with SH but they have pet) that they then changed. Live SW was also built a lot around Festerbombing so they have a lot of situational stuff like that (UF, VoN, Steady Aim).

I still think Primal Fury/Mutated Aggressor should be off the GCD. Just plays a lot smoother.
Agreed.

I also think upping their duration to 15 seconds would be fair, giving them a 25% uptime vs the 16% uptime they currently have. VoN has a 33% uptime, so they would still have less uptime, just not as much of a drastic difference (plus with hitting GCD, its actually a lot more like a 14% uptime currently).
Last edited by Foofmonger on Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Pandastyle

Post#5 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:55 am

Thanks a lot! That makes it easier to understand :)
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot