Recent Topics

Ads

Does Marauder get any better higher level?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
AJClickBeast

Does Marauder get any better higher level?

Post#1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:35 pm

Hey all, just wondering if Mara will get better at higher level (currently 18) I have an 18 rSH, 18 WL and an 18 Mara which I'm switching back and forth from.

I love Mara but in oRVR and SC's I kinda hate the class, ST damage is lacking, I can be easily kited and AoE damage is just eh. Where on my rSH/WL I deal way more damage (ST that is) and I have the option to go mSH.

So I'm just wondering if it's a waste of time leveling my Mara, post is quite whiney but I honestly feel worthless on my Mara compared to the other two classes I'm currently playing, cheers.

Ads
Pandastyle

Re: Does Marauder get any better higher level?

Post#2 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:41 pm

yes.
in fact it gets so much better with higher rr and gear that it needed some nerfs apparently recently and is still considered op by some.
more utility more surviveability and more dmg with higher rr & gear
so if you like it stick to it...in 95% of the time you will have spot in wb
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

wachlarz

Post#3 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:13 pm

In monstro pressing two buttons...

Fatpig

Post#4 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:42 pm

3 buttons if you include the "run away" button that most are adept at

baurogg
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:19 pm

You never can go wrong with a Destro class.

Pandastyle

Post#6 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:16 am

oh boi some people are mad they got stomped in city? ;)

but to elaborate a little bit further and to give you a better idea than that mara is "a 2/3 botton class"
Until you are 40 your actions are a bit limited...I was leveling mostly in scenarios with a team in brutality specc
with higher renown and gear you can go aoe specc for rvr and city and be a very good dps with utility...a good placed aoe kd can **** up half a wb and decide the battle as well as the interrupt (just for the fun of it: thats already 2 bottons...charge, detaunt, wrecking ball, demolishion, wave of mutiliation, mutated aggressor, ferocios assault...just to name a few...if you get wrecked by a mara only pressing two bottons both of you are doing a bad job)

if you want to stay single target: sav/brut specc is quite viable for small scale and sc.
If you are still interested feel free to pm me and I can tell you more about speccs and leveling etc
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Gravord

Post#7 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:41 am

AJClickBeast wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:35 pm Hey all, just wondering if Mara will get better at higher level (currently 18) I have an 18 rSH, 18 WL and an 18 Mara which I'm switching back and forth from.

I love Mara but in oRVR and SC's I kinda hate the class, ST damage is lacking, I can be easily kited and AoE damage is just eh. Where on my rSH/WL I deal way more damage (ST that is) and I have the option to go mSH.

So I'm just wondering if it's a waste of time leveling my Mara, post is quite whiney but I honestly feel worthless on my Mara compared to the other two classes I'm currently playing, cheers.
Mara is, without exageration, the weakest melee class and dps in general when it comes to low tiers. Class entire dmg is based solely on crits. You dont have rage mechanic and your abilities have lowest tooltip dmg of all classes. Tactics like Growing Instability (50% more crit dmg), Piercing Bite (50% armor pen on skills that require mutation) are total must to put out any reasaonable amount of dmg and it takes quite a few levels to reach them. In low tiers your aoe dmg is barely existent aswell, with Demolition spam being only thing you have. Its dmg is rather low compared to any other aoe dmg in the game and you dont have any aoe dots to support it.

Having said that, its get better on max level with top level gear. ST is still a bit lacking, as it currently stands theres no point taking mara to 6 man team over dps dok at all and it gets surpassed by most other classes in one or more ways aswell. Aoe wise, many players sadly gets fooled by screenshots of maras putting top dps in the cities thinking its aoe potential is too good. It isnt. You have one spammable ability (if you are hit by cd increase abilities your dmg is drastically reduced) and one channel ability. Thats it. Dmg wise they are weak in comparision to any other class. Your one aoe dot hits for laughable dmg. Ther is nothing to build up any form of burst. Real strenght of mara is his survival in monstro, allowing him to spam dmg more consistent compared to softer classes (as you are already crit build your ap gain on crits tactic Subvert Strenght helps you to keep that dmg even more consistent adding up to final score). In good group comp dok+sorc group buffs amount for about 20%+ of your total dmg output. Gaining armor pen immunity allows you to shrug off a lot of dmg from most classes (but that could be countered by smart enemy groups sending classes with magical attacks against you or stacking up armor debuffs). Main real strenght of aoe mara are access to aoe kd and aoe interrupt. Both if used smart benefit your wb greatly.

Summarizing, if you like mara as a whole, its stance swap gameplay, then you might enjoy class when you reach max level and high end gear. In right circumstances and team setups class is perfectly viable. In comparision to other classes you mention, both rsh and lion have far better soloing potential than a mara and they will feel much stronger in the low tiers. They perform well in T4, with sh you have always open option to switch to melee builf. Its range build is considered lacking atm but good players make it work regardless and last time ive heard theres a buff planned to it aswell. Lion is in too good place as it doesnt have any glaring weakness compared to other classes - the best mobility in game that can be used offensively and defensively, quite tanky, top level burst dmg, works well solo, 6 man and warbands.
Id suggest sticking longer with all of them, at least past lvl 35+, to get a better feel what each class have to offer. Mid tier sc is a good training ground.