Recent Topics

Ads

Advice on picking a "Main"

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
AJClickBeast

Advice on picking a "Main"

Post#1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:53 pm

Hey all, thanks for dropping by to offer your advice. I can't decide what class to main for the first time on RoR, difficulty of the class doesn't bother me as I have extensive time in MMO's in the PvP scene.

These are the classes im currently looking at:
Marauder
Chosen
Choppa
White Lion

I'm leaning towards Marauder mainly for mDPS, but 2h chosen really piques my interest also. I have all these classes to rank 10-14 but I'm switching back and forth constantly. How are these classes in the later game?

Kind Regards.

Ads
redactedname87

Re: Advice on picking a "Main"

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:50 am

Nothing wrong with switching back and forth a lot, especially while getting to know the classes. I have a 39 sorc, 37 magus, 32 DOK, and 28 witch elf, along with a slew of minor chars in the teens, and I still don’t know if I have a “main” lol.

Here are some things I’ve observed about the classes you listed.

Chosen - tanky with debuffing capabilities. Doesn’t have the same dps potential as other tank options like a black orc.

Choppa - meta mdps. I think they have good aoe potential and massive single target. They are usually really high on the damage board.

Maurader - apparently requires a lot of stance dancing to maximize dps. I think they also have a “pull” ability at higher levels - basically the opposite of knock back. I have never noticed them to be anywhere near my mage class damage scores in scenarios. Choppas however are big contenders for damage and KB. I believe they trade off some DPS for utility

White lion - melee burst dps. There were certain level ranges where they were top tier threats to my mage classes. They basically hop around the battle field and burst people down. The cat can be especially annoying too.

SmackdownNinja

Re: Advice on picking a "Main"

Post#3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:46 am

I would go WL for your first main. It is excellent in both solo and group play. It allows you switch it up instead of just doing group or solo pvp. With that being said a chosen is a great tank, however it can get boring and dull to play after awhile. You also wanna make sure you enjoy playing as a tank, as in guarding and HTL.

Choppa is a great dps class, but you will get nuked if you don’t have a good tank and heals. Thus it can be frustrating to play for a new player. Mara is in a great spot right now due to it’s great dps, survivability for a dps class, and aoe KD. I would definitely go Mara if your heart is set on destro. If not then I would roll a WL.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82