Recent Topics

Ads

Solo roaming dps zealot.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

Solo roaming dps zealot.

Post#1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:53 am

So was thinking how would I spec a solo roaming dps zealot, from what I remember from playing one back on live, and from playing other classes.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5704,5737

This seems like a decent option. Combination of 2 types of absorbs which don't require GCDs, resists mark vs nonphysical dmg, and Warping the Spirit vs physical dmg to boost the zealot into medium armor mitigation lvl (as far as I'm aware the armor buff stacks with armor pot, correct me if I'm wrong), seems to give a decent enough defenses. Then there is Transference for heals, especially combined with Chaotic Agitation and multiple targets.

For offense, I guess it will be Warp Reality- Tzeentch's Cry- Tzeentch's Lash- Demon's Spittle- mark aoe dot- Rite of Agony- Chaotic Agitation channel, with Tzeentch's Talon mixed in somewhere in there. For when having to deal with heals, Mirror of Madness somewhere in there, covered.

Any comments?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
AxelF

Re: Solo roaming dps zealot.

Post#2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:01 am

For solo roam you really have to have Storm of Ravens to give you some ST 'burst' (in laughable inverted commas) plus a snare, and scourged warping for the extra DoT damage and instant scourge procs. Mark of the Spell Detroyer also gives you another DoT which hits reasonably hard - for solo roam you really need to be rotating marks for damage and defence, don't just set and forget them. I'd say Transference, Divine Fury and Scourged Warping are your mandatory tactics, then you can try a few different ones in the 4th slot depending on who and where you're fighting.

I have to confess I've never tried the absorb ritual and warping the spirit together for solo dps but my instinct is you'll kite yourself out of range of the ritual too quickly outside of keep fights, and the shield from WtS will be nowhere near enough to make a difference. Also I wouldn't swear to it but from memory WtS doesn't stack with armour pot, though it temporarily gives you a small boost over the pot plus gives you 10% less bypassed.

Solo Zealot has it much harder than solo RP since the WoI channel nerf - RP has an extra DoT instead of the very lacklustre Mirror of Madness, plus has a snare proc on their Warp Reality equivalent with a tactic which makes it easier to DoT up, kite and then finish with their Storm of Ravens equivalent. Good luck though - it's very hard to pull off, but very satisfying when you get it right!

Oh and both desperately need their heal debuff on AoE back that got needlessly nerfed as collateral in the DPS DoK/WP whining, it really wasn't OP on zealot/RP and was the only reason a proper WB would take one...

Zxul

Post#3 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:12 pm

AxelF wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:01 am For solo roam you really have to have Storm of Ravens to give you some ST 'burst' (in laughable inverted commas) plus a snare,
Snare is nice (used weapon with snare proc om live), however since you need to stand still to channel the Storm (correct me if I'm wrong), it is much less effective than if it was a dot with snare component which you could cast then kite.

However testing it back in the day, Chaotic Agitation does almost the same dmg as Storm, while costing significantly less ap, and working very well with Transference in case you can hit multiple targets. Back on live, I used it for single targets as well. +of cause it lets you aoe bomb.
AxelF wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:01 am and scourged warping for the extra DoT damage and instant scourge procs.
Problem with Scourged Warping is that because of GCD it just turns 2 sec cast time Scourge into 1.5 sec total cast time Scourge. It is nice for kiting, but it adds much less dmg than what you would expect.
AxelF wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:01 am Mark of the Spell Detroyer also gives you another DoT which hits reasonably hard - for solo roam you really need to be rotating marks for damage and defence, don't just set and forget them.
For kiting yes, for more stationary dps cause of extra GCDs cost not sure its worth it.
AxelF wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:01 am I have to confess I've never tried the absorb ritual and warping the spirit together for solo dps but my instinct is you'll kite yourself out of range of the ritual too quickly outside of keep fights, and the shield from WtS will be nowhere near enough to make a difference. Also I wouldn't swear to it but from memory WtS doesn't stack with armour pot, though it temporarily gives you a small boost over the pot plus gives you 10% less bypassed.
Tested it on 27 zealot which I have, actually no they don't stack, too bad. So it adds 396 extra armor over pot, and 10% reduced armor penetration. Not sure if it will still be worth it.

One option then is using Sweeping Disgorgement, and replacing Tzeentch's Talon with m1 heal- thats what I used back on live.

Other option is actually replacing it with Backlash- less useful for kiting, but more useful for stationary tanking, which is what double absorb proc is for, specially that as destro you have to deal lot of time with rdps/wls which you can't kite anyway, and that your channels require you to be stationary. Using it on chosen, Backlash dot which ticks at 2 sec unlike most dots which tick at 3 sec, does lot more dmg than what people realize. Need to test it though, whatever it breaks detaunt.
AxelF wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:01 am very lacklustre Mirror of Madness,
Why is it lackluster btw? On paper it does seems to de a pretty nice dmg, equivalent to 50% heal debuff, specially if you corp resist debuff the target.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

AxelF

Post#4 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:59 pm

Yeah all good points, mainly depends what you're trying to do though - for 'proper' solo roam where I'm solo looking for 1v1, or 1v2 if I'm feeling brave/suicidal, I'll try and get Sweeping Disgorgement on them and then DoT kite/snare with Storm of Ravens. Tzeentch's Talon for double resist debuff is also great in this build and I'll rely on the wounds buff, pots and Transference for heals.

If I'm just feeling lazy and want to WB surf for a bit then yeah you can use Chaotic Agitation and even the damage pulse from rituals for stationary DPS, but then you're relying on there being a meat shield between you and them, or just hoping that they don't focus you. It's also funny double resist debuffing S&B turtle build tanks who can usually face tank a WB and watch them just melt - can be good for breaking funnels or the enemy's morale!

Acidic

Post#6 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:40 pm

Zxul wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:53 am So was thinking how would I spec a solo roaming dps zealot, from what I remember from playing one back on live, and from playing other classes.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5704,5737

This seems like a decent option. Combination of 2 types of absorbs which don't require GCDs, resists mark vs nonphysical dmg, and Warping the Spirit vs physical dmg to boost the zealot into medium armor mitigation lvl (as far as I'm aware the armor buff stacks with armor pot, correct me if I'm wrong), seems to give a decent enough defenses. Then there is Transference for heals, especially combined with Chaotic Agitation and multiple targets.

For offense, I guess it will be Warp Reality- Tzeentch's Cry- Tzeentch's Lash- Demon's Spittle- mark aoe dot- Rite of Agony- Chaotic Agitation channel, with Tzeentch's Talon mixed in somewhere in there. For when having to deal with heals, Mirror of Madness somewhere in there, covered.

Any comments?
Waiting on the video , kill em all show those evil WL no mercy

catholicism198

Post#7 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:31 pm

For the most part, you'll only be able to win against classes that can't heal themselves.

Rotation is usually, dot/damage, detaunt, heal heal heal heal, dot/damage, detaunt, heal heal heal, dot/damage.

Laurentz

Post#8 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:32 pm

Mirror of Madness looks good on paper, but at minimum, half the time you use it, it will do nothing. You cast it on someone getting heals, then they stop getting heals. You cast it on someone getting heals, they are dead when you finish your cast due to focus fire. Was really only useful on a healer taking moderate damage while they self heal. It is useless as a solo roamer since most of the people you encounter won't be healing themselves. If you like the idea of a solo roaming dps Zealot, just roll a single target dps Runey, they are much better equipped for soloing than the Zealot now. One day, years from now, the dps Zealots and Runies will get some loving.

Ads
Aezron

Post#9 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:44 am

I was thinking on building something like this (when I'm high enough leveled), did anyone try this already?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5740,5737

Mainly kiting using Warping Spirit and instant casts (Scourge, Tzeentch Cry, Rite of Agony, Marks), while debuffing Corp resistance with Spittle.
Storm of Ravens or Boon of Tzeentch when situation allows for it.

Tactics:
DF (obvious)
Scourged Warping, more DoT damage and better kiting when it procs.
Sweeping Disgorgement, Corp debuff (to be able to deal any damage at all really)
Transference, for sustain

I wonder though, why is Transference only counting Direct Damage? Would it really be too strong for it to count all damage? 50% isn't that much for a highest tier tactic and Zealot isn't really a DPS monster like other classes..
Also, Transference being in the DoT Tree (Witchcraft) and only counting Direct Damage (Alchemy) feels strange..

Another question: is there a way to disable the terribly annoying Harbinger of Doom sound effect? :D