Recent Topics

Ads

[Mara] Royal Gearing Monstro/Brut

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Maggiras

[Mara] Royal Gearing Monstro/Brut

Post#1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Hello Folks,

i'm currently at RR65 with my Marauder and i'm playing Monstro/Brut and really liking it!

I wanna stay in this Path and talked to many other Marauders ingame to get their opinion on endgame gearing.. But asking 5 people gives you 10 opinions so i mmake my way to the forums here to get further ideas:

I have narrowed down 3 different gearing paths that i want to share with you here and ask for your opinion.

Before the discussion starts about my weapon choices.. i really hate SC's and i will not get either tyrant or anathema.. thats out of question so i need other weapons even if there are not optimal
Maybe i get the Invader Weapon instead of the Sentinel Weapon. Dunno yet.

1. Monstro/Brut Full Sovereign Defense Set:
RoR.builders - Marauder
https://imgur.com/a/H1w68az

2. Monstro/Brut Sovereign Offensive / Warlord Set:
RoR.builders - Marauder
https://imgur.com/gallery/RwjfX6b

3. Monstro/Brut Sovereign Defensive / Warlord
RoR.builders - Marauder
https://imgur.com/a/9WIuBCo

Maybe 4th ???? take Nr. 3 and exchange 1 Warlord with 1 Sov Def to loose 99 MeelePower but get 734 Armour through Setbonus ???!!! to be even more tankier (not die so fast)

What do you guys think of these variants ... all these stats in the screenshots are without Tactics or Renown Points. so i can customise them to fit the caps.

Greetings
Last edited by Maggiras on Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Pandastyle

Re: [Mara] Royal Gearing Monstro/Brut

Post#2 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Any particular reason you want to get the def sov set? I could understand if you go for 6 (?) pieces to get the +2 to monstro abilities...
Many maras I saw go for 5 piece offensive sov and then either 3 piece warlord or 2piece warlord and 2 piece sentinel....this is I think the usual "all-rounder" gear for mara.
I will probably go for 5 piece warlord and 3 piece offensive sov. because I like to occasionally spec out of monstro/brut.

Consider this...when I spec into monstro/brut I go orvr (largescale) wbs and such...meaning that you will have healers (if you dont have healers and face the enemy zerg even the "tankiness" from the def sov set will not safe you probably).. so why dont go offensive then?

I read some post from WLs in one other thread who say that you as a mara should go defensive gear to survive but idk man...we are dps...

//edit: what minmaxing tool did you use? my doenst seem to work
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Awoosome

Post#3 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:09 pm

so far you have the idea how the end game gearing for mara and its nice to know you have planned them well.
I am running a different set up on my mara. im running a full 8 piece sov (defensive) to fit the role in the current guild im with.
my mara is a utility dps. all of my builds always has 1050 str (soft cap with no buffs)
renown is always built defensively. consumables is situational (butcher/apothecary here) so i can change them on the fly.
the main reason i went for 8 piece is to complete the final utility which giving immunity to cc on a defensive target (except snare)
Also solo grinded the sc weapons for 2 weeks. (i see it as a solo training and not on depend on other people, really changed my playstyle but i do not recommend grinding sc solo)

i have 4 different builds as need on city/sc/orvr
1.) morale drain aoe dps - https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5196,5188
note: this is what i run most of the time and i stance dance like crazy in this build.
2.) ap drain aoe dps - https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5196,5188
note: you cant top dps in this build but you won't be a wet noodle also. this build is good with an ap drain chosen
3.) debuff single target dps - https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5196,5191
note: im not running fof in this build because i run this when i am the main assist in a city or in guild rally.
4.) aoe pure dps - https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5196,5188
note: you can replace piercing bite with insane whispers if your wb needs more disorients.

*as for morale, it depends on what is needed in a wb

I'm sharing this from a point of view of a full set sov defensive rather than the usual. I am not saying this is the best way or you should follow me. I did this to cater my play style and the goal of my character. next goal is getting the next sov set.
Last edited by Awoosome on Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kahmahl/Awoosome - Marauder RR80+

Guild - Art of Execution (Role: Flex MDPS)

Pandastyle

Post#4 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:26 pm

What do you mean with sov main gear?
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Maggiras

Post#5 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:29 pm

sov main = offensive
sov off = defensive

thats how the minmax tool describe the sets .. it doesn't really make senke
Last edited by Maggiras on Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awoosome

Post#6 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:30 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:26 pm What do you mean with sov main gear?
sov offensive. i name them as main spec and off spec. sorry for the confusion.

Foofmonger

Post#7 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:43 pm

There's basically a ton of slight variations on builds, and most Marauders run their own variants when you start factoring armor/gear in. Pretty much all the Marauder royal sets are good, so it really just depends on exactly what you want to be doing.

It takes a long time to get royal gear, so pick a build you want to shoot for and go for that. Then farm up the rest of the armor and you can test out and mix and match as you like.

Awoosome

Post#8 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:43 pm There's basically a ton of slight variations on builds, and most Marauders run their own variants when you start factoring armor/gear in. Pretty much all the Marauder royal sets are good, so it really just depends on exactly what you want to be doing.

It takes a long time to get royal gear, so pick a build you want to shoot for and go for that. Then farm up the rest of the armor and you can test out and mix and match as you like.
i really do appreciate OP's future plans. its good to have those goal planned out.

Ads
Pandastyle

Post#9 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:12 am

I hope OP doesnt mind me using his thread, but on that occasion I too have some questions about endgame gear...
I think I wanna try 5pc warlord and either 3piece sov (offensive) or 2sov/2sent.
Can someone recommend which pieces sov/sent I should take? I think the gloves on sentinel are pretty good but thats practically all I know lol.
And I already got the offensive sov cloak so that piece is kinda fixed by now.
Cheers

//edit: is anathema and bloodlord weapon still BiS?
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

gjsiechnice

Post#10 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:51 pm

tactic morale drain Crushing Blows no working?
Stonehead Crusader Kobs 82rr
Relah AM 81rr