Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Useless in end game content?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gurf

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#101 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:16 pm

They already nerfed all aoe heal debuffs (except for Zealot ;) ) so I doubt they will think it is a good idea to give one to a Magus.

But not sure why people look at Magus negatively, as an Order player they are very dangerous and I have been in plenty of Cities where they have held their own, you wouldn't want too many of them sure but there are a few Des players who hold their own on a Magus and you never look forward to facing them.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#102 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Gurf wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:16 pm They already nerfed all aoe heal debuffs (except for Zealot ;) ) so I doubt they will think it is a good idea to give one to a Magus.
Aoe healdebuff was nerfed like the RP (same patch iirc), M4 healdebuff was nerfed too since dont stack with others healdebuffs.

martholomew

Post#103 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:49 pm

I am a Magus player. Had a statue up in IC a couple times. I still don't feel particularly powerful or 'respected' like Engineers seem to be. I would like Rift to be given to EVERY spec just to shut people up and keep us from being pigeonholed into that boring, ineffective playstyle and rotation.
Magus 40/78

hankfulle25

Post#104 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 pm

If you are playing magus on changing spec in city, you are doing it wrong. If you think it is subpar as dps, you clearly haven't tried blue horror+infernal blast+tzeentch's lash. You can pretty much hit a whole warband and will climb to the top in damage charts easily. The must have tactics are lasting chaos+instant demon spawn and the other two can be %15 damage in 45 ft or some other offensive tactic. I am not saying magus is stackable in wbs, the kind of damage it does won't kill anyone but will keep pressure up on everyone, especially unguarded targets as they wont even know that you are hitting them with an aoe spell from 60ft away.

Edit: Forgot to add that Dissolving Mist is also a must. Also the aoe knockdown, the insane ap regen from lasting chaos, and aoe stagger bring good utility to a warband.

Skazur

Post#105 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 pm

xruptor wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:51 pm
Waaghaa wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:34 pm Our counter part the despicable stuntie-engi has group heals in 1 tree so it is not so far fetched to wish that we had something to counter that with, in comparison with the 2 classes, the chance of our pets actually killing an order player is slim to none, I have however died more times that I care to admit to turrets though, still I see no need to change them one bit.

Isn't it funny, how you almost never really hear any negative things about our counterpart on Order? The Engineer? So much stigma on the Magus on Destruction side it isn't even funny. Wargrimnir pretty much said it best earlier in the thread. viewtopic.php?f=72&t=38573&start=80#p437242

This is why you never really see any posts like the following:
  • "[Engineer] Useless in end game content?"
  • "Engineer pointless in endgame"
  • "Are Engineer a waste of time?"
  • "Engineer garbage endgame?"
  • "Should I level a Engineer? Are they useful?"
etc.. etc... etc..

BUT if you lookup similar topics to those above and replace ENGINEER with MAGUS, you will find an abundance of them.

On a side note... yes I do think we should have a heal debuff of some sort or at least some compensation/fix with the turrets. But that will never happen ;)
Order still stacks ranged-"dps" - and with numbers it's working. So everyone feels useful.
But sometimes I soloqueue for cities and have had groups nearly half made of engies - so that's where they land in the end.

Darks63

Post#106 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:52 am

xruptor wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:51 pm
Waaghaa wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:34 pm Our counter part the despicable stuntie-engi has group heals in 1 tree so it is not so far fetched to wish that we had something to counter that with, in comparison with the 2 classes, the chance of our pets actually killing an order player is slim to none, I have however died more times that I care to admit to turrets though, still I see no need to change them one bit.

Isn't it funny, how you almost never really hear any negative things about our counterpart on Order? The Engineer? So much stigma on the Magus on Destruction side it isn't even funny. Wargrimnir pretty much said it best earlier in the thread. viewtopic.php?f=72&t=38573&start=80#p437242

This is why you never really see any posts like the following:
  • "[Engineer] Useless in end game content?"
  • "Engineer pointless in endgame"
  • "Are Engineer a waste of time?"
  • "Engineer garbage endgame?"
  • "Should I level a Engineer? Are they useful?"
etc.. etc... etc..

BUT if you lookup similar topics to those above and replace ENGINEER with MAGUS, you will find an abundance of them.

On a side note... yes I do think we should have a heal debuff of some sort or at least some compensation/fix with the turrets. But that will never happen ;)
Engies have better PR largely in part due to the BTs enthusiastic efforts to promote the class and dwarfs in general imo.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

xruptor

Post#107 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:19 pm

Darks63 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:52 am Engies have better PR largely in part due to the BTs enthusiastic efforts to promote the class and dwarfs in general imo.
Not entirely sure what BTs stands for? In either case, it just seems they have a better reputation and are less inclined to be be ridiculed like the Magus is. According to quite a number of people I've spoken to, this is a stigma that has carried over from live. Primarily because they don't have a healing keg mechanic or some healing debuff or what not that favors mostly the engineer.

Ekundu01

Post#108 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:40 pm

End game city magus and engie suffer from a few issues that compounded together makes them not really wanted over other classes.

If you compare them to equal damage ranged dps the slot they would take up in a wb it would be sorc/bw levels IF you can keep turrets up at max stacks and not die.

1. Turrets are weak low hp die very easily to random aoe and you have to stay fairly close to keep stacks that make your damage numbers respectable and worthy of a rdps slot.

2. Ramp up time for turret stacks. It takes 16 seconds to get to max stacks. First engagement if you are defending in a city you can be ready but the moment you die or your pet dies you are now needing to wait 8-16 seconds to get back to max potential. Sorc and bw can get to max potential much faster and are not limited by turret distance so as the fight moves back and forth they have no issues with keeping damage up and moving.

3. Dot specs are crippled by the meta healers. Both Dok and WP can group cleanse Magus and Engie dots. Most of your aoe pressure is from stacking dots.

4. This is just my opinion but magus sticks out like a sore thumb on the disk and I think it gets you targeted much more vs engie that can blend in with other dwarfs. So you are constently being targeted and if you die it takes you another 16 secs if you get a rez to get back up to the damage you need to be doing to take up a rdps slot.

All those compounded together makes taking magus a liability in city when your slot can be filled by a sorc that can blend in and get damage up to where it needs to be much faster even after being rezed. Or your slot can be given to a mdps that can do much more aoe pressure that won't be cleansed off with the push of a button.
Trismack

Ads
Darks63

Post#109 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:17 pm

xruptor wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:19 pm
Darks63 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:52 am Engies have better PR largely in part due to the BTs enthusiastic efforts to promote the class and dwarfs in general imo.
Not entirely sure what BTs stands for? In either case, it just seems they have a better reputation and are less inclined to be be ridiculed like the Magus is. According to quite a number of people I've spoken to, this is a stigma that has carried over from live. Primarily because they don't have a healing keg mechanic or some healing debuff or what not that favors mostly the engineer.
Bitterstone Thunderers Guild
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

xruptor

Post#110 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 pm

martholomew wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:49 pm I am a Magus player. Had a statue up in IC a couple times. I still don't feel particularly powerful or 'respected' like Engineers seem to be. I would like Rift to be given to EVERY spec just to shut people up and keep us from being pigeonholed into that boring, ineffective playstyle and rotation.
Oh so that was YOU. Hope you don't mind but I went around painting sinister mustaches on those statues.