[Magus] Useless in end game content?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zulnam

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#161 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:28 am I, my friend, am anything but organized.

Thanks though.
So how is that build going? I was thinking of leveling a magus for a very similar spec (pbaoe demonology).

Although personally i would switch the AP pump tactic to Toughness one.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#162 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 pm

zulnam wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm
phononHYPE wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:28 am I, my friend, am anything but organized.

Thanks though.
So how is that build going? I was thinking of leveling a magus for a very similar spec (pbaoe demonology).

Although personally i would switch the AP pump tactic to Toughness one.
I've been playing around on alts mostly as of late (DoK, WE, WL.. choppa?! does that count as an alt now if I haven't played it in a long time?) so I can't really comment on recent damage reduction changes to magus. As for reflections, looking at AP vs Toughness tactic, my original thoughts were to get the BB+BE for the ring and swap to Toughness. However, even with influence easier to get in city dungeons, as pug dps'er with about 5 runs left, I'm just burnt out on those dungeons. Assuming I had the ring (and I still want it - I LOVE AP), I would swap to the other tactic, sure. When I solo, I would swap it out for Deamonic Withering. If I'm solo and I might catch a heal AM solo, then I use AP. Really, catching a heal AM back in live with the AP tactic and winning a 2min fight has colored my obsession with AP regen a bit much, but ... well this is just a ramble now.

Yes, swap AP for Toughness.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

tazdingo

Post#163 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:57 pm

after playing order for the first time in probably a couple years, the one thing i've learned that i did not pick up whilst destro is that a properly supported pbaoe magus is utterly terrifying

phononHYPE

Post#164 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:26 pm

Yeah, and I love it! Slowly people are learning, and this is with the damage reduction a few weeks back.

What's the magus version of Waaagh?

DIIIIISK!

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Valignor

Post#165 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:50 am

Any chance of making the leash on our pet 50ft as opposed to the current 25 as some kind of comp for the damage nerf? It would allow for much more strategic positioning which still fits the overall setup/preparation theme of the class.

phononHYPE

Post#166 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:57 am

Valignor wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:50 am Any chance of making the leash on our pet 50ft as opposed to the current 25 as some kind of comp for the damage nerf? It would allow for much more strategic positioning which still fits the overall setup/preparation theme of the class.
I'd like this idea, or perhaps some future set could allow increased pet range, similar to Invader increased spell range. Dark Promise I see you!

Also, put your idea in the Suggestion forums. Also, me, go read the Suggestion forum to see what magus ideas are floating around.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

lleri

Post#167 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:55 pm

Are you joking? Or simply don't know your pets bonuses? Use flamer, it allow to keep your dmg buff up to 80-100ft.

tazdingo

Post#168 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 pm

does anybody know if warlord 8pc root breaks on dmg? i can't find solid info on that or engis mirror. its for a theorycraft

Ads
Darks63

Post#169 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 pm

tazdingo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 pm does anybody know if warlord 8pc root breaks on dmg? i can't find solid info on that or engis mirror. its for a theorycraft
Given that is how all other roots work i would imagine it does.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

tazdingo

Post#170 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:29 pm

Darks63 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 pm
tazdingo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 pm does anybody know if warlord 8pc root breaks on dmg? i can't find solid info on that or engis mirror. its for a theorycraft
Given that is how all other roots work i would imagine it does.
it would usually be mentioned in the ability description that it break on damage as opposed to stuff like knights no escape