Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Useless in end game content?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lyckansost

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#151 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:48 am

Chaotic attunement should be baseline not a tactic. Perhaps abit nerfed like resummon could cost 30ap.
The new CA tactic could be something in line of: when you summon your pet. If your pet is still alive you heal it for 75%. It wouldn't fix the problem but help alot with the gameplay for magus and engi.

Just a suggestion. I don't really know why I'm posting this I just got my magus to 40 rr50 so not that much experience playing the class. But I do believe pets are killed crazy fast and there is not much to do as a magus about it and that is strange atleast to me.

Ads
hammerhead

Post#152 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:17 pm

Lyckansost wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:48 am Chaotic attunement should be baseline not a tactic. Perhaps abit nerfed like resummon could cost 30ap.
The new CA tactic could be something in line of: when you summon your pet. If your pet is still alive you heal it for 75%. It wouldn't fix the problem but help alot with the gameplay for magus and engi.

Just a suggestion. I don't really know why I'm posting this I just got my magus to 40 rr50 so not that much experience playing the class. But I do believe pets are killed crazy fast and there is not much to do as a magus about it and that is strange atleast to me.
It seems to me too complicated and I have no idea how much healing is needed (probably very large). I would do both Daemonic Contract / Trench Fighting tactics to the core. Chaotic Attunement / Well-Oiled Machine would have been in their place. And improved -

You can now construct your turrets (summon demon) instantly and the cost of Redeploy is reduced to 0 Action Points. In addition, you lose only two stacks of IU(UE) if your turret (demon) is destroyed/slain.

Well, or the second option - And build improvements (empower yuorself) twice as fast as usual.
(\|)o0(|/)

Roukino

Post#153 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:05 pm

What is the best set for an AoE magus ? Sov or Warlord ?

paperclipdog

Post#154 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:28 am

If you make chaotic attunement baseline magus dmg will just go out of control in city.

Magus is fine and only struggles in 6v6.

khatred

Post#155 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:41 pm

Is Daemonic Reach a mediocre/weak tactic for Changing Magus?

Onigokko0101

Post#156 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:42 pm

Roukino wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:05 pm What is the best set for an AoE magus ? Sov or Warlord ?
Main Sov, atleast 5 peices for the crit bonuses.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Orontes

Post#157 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:39 pm

khatred wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:41 pm Is Daemonic Reach a mediocre/weak tactic for Changing Magus?
I would think most Change focused magi would see Daemonic Reach as fundamental, along with Wild Changing.

phononHYPE

Post#158 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:22 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:42 pm
Roukino wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:05 pm What is the best set for an AoE magus ? Sov or Warlord ?
Main Sov, atleast 5 peices for the crit bonuses.
I'm going to disagree hard here. I think Magic Power stacking for aoe. Burst, single target, is of course crit based, but when your dropping mass aoe you'll hit enough people unguarded or with high natural chance to be crit that I don't feel you need to stack it. Rather, go for larger base numbers. Assuming same support for large scale (WB) for any build/gear (really, aoe is not for small scale), then having 1060 unbuffed INT so that you can pot to 1100+, Warlord to at least 4pc for +6 disrupt strikethrough, then lay in hard with that aoe. You want that aoe to hit more, and regularly, crits are an after thought.

My plan for this is 2-3 pc SovDef and 5pc Warlord, 2bit Genesis (wount/int + INI/MP), and Bloodlord staff. I'm not sure on the last bit, either say Vanq belt for giggles/good team or 2pc Sentinel for extra INT bonus and thus freeing up some rr points. I'd have to finish BB+BE a bunch for that though, so probably won't happen. Currently I am 3 Warlord and just got 2nd pc SovDef last night. I'm trying SovDef head + hands for max MP, giving up the Warlord head with an extra +3 strikethrough. Four crit is fine enough for how much I lay down, but more importantly, I consistently put that aoe pressure on. With a supportive team (guard+heals), I put the aoe pressure in cities in a great way, even in Invader gear and a few rr lower than now. Perhaps in the mid 50s through invader you stick to crit builds, but at end game I'm enjoying aoe with high MP.

What I'm using: Futile Strikes III, Acumen V, Wounds 1, parry II, d/d III. RoR.builders - Magus and then either Deamonic Withering for solo play/small group or Lasting Chaos for keep/fort/city. Being able to spam anything (as long as your pet is up) is key for me, and Lash spam, even without Gleen Magic hits everything for 5xx+.

Anyways, my alternative to crit, for aoe. Does require gear.
Last edited by phononHYPE on Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
lleri

Post#159 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:37 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:22 pm
I'm going to disagree hard here.
My plan for this is 2-3 pc SovDef and 5pc Warlord, 2bit Genesis (wount/int + INI/MP), and Bloodlord staff.
7 main sov for crit/crit dmg bonus +2 sent + Bloodlord staff + 2 Genesis if you want to really dmg. When you hit aoe, the bonus from 7 sov is on you all the time. Of course, it's only for organized wb.

phononHYPE

Post#160 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:28 am

I, my friend, am anything but organized.

Thanks though.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative