Recent Topics

Ads

Returning after a couple years Zealot question

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Quik

Returning after a couple years Zealot question

Post#1 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:41 pm

So I haven't played for a couple years and I am going to start a new Zealot, is there anything that has changed quite a bit?

I don't suppose there is a decent soloing guide for lvling yourself? Will Zealot be a decent solo lvling class?

Ads
Omegus

Re: Returning after a couple years Zealot question

Post#2 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:22 pm

Quik wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:41 pm So I haven't played for a couple years and I am going to start a new Zealot, is there anything that has changed quite a bit?

I don't suppose there is a decent soloing guide for lvling yourself? Will Zealot be a decent solo lvling class?
Heal debuff is now single target only.
Winds of insanity is now a channel rather than a toggle.
Heal aura can now crit and procs anything that triggers from crits and direct heal effects.
AP aura can now proc from any ability (mirrored from RP - I can't remember when they were mirrored so this might've been in since you last played.

Zealot is utterly terrible for solo levelling unless you like huge downtime between pulls as when you turn Harbinger of Doom off to heal up you have to wait 20 seconds before you can turn it on again. At much higher levels you can grab the Transference tactic from the middle tree and keep yourself alive by doing direct damage to things (combining it with Chaotic Agitation on a large group of mobs will recover most/all of your health) but it's a fair while before you get to that tactic and even longer to combo it with CA.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Quik

Post#3 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:49 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:22 pm
Quik wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:41 pm So I haven't played for a couple years and I am going to start a new Zealot, is there anything that has changed quite a bit?

Heal debuff is now single target only.
Winds of insanity is now a channel rather than a toggle.
Heal aura can now crit and procs anything that triggers from crits and direct heal effects.
AP aura can now proc from any ability (mirrored from RP - I can't remember when they were mirrored so this might've been in since you last played.

Zealot is utterly terrible for solo levelling unless you like huge downtime between pulls as when you turn Harbinger of Doom off to heal up you have to wait 20 seconds before you can turn it on again. At much higher levels you can grab the Transference tactic from the middle tree and keep yourself alive by doing direct damage to things (combining it with Chaotic Agitation on a large group of mobs will recover most/all of your health) but it's a fair while before you get to that tactic and even longer to combo it with CA.
Do people group while lvling much? When I played before I can count on one hand how many times I actually got a group while trying to lvl.

Are Zealots sought after in RvR? Or am I better off going another class?

wwright72

Post#4 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:59 pm

Yes you can usually find a dps to level with most times (easier during EU prime-time) or you can just join pug warbands and heal people to level.

The DPS spec of Zealot doesn't compare to Shaman or DoK since its been nerfed so many times not to say they were amazing in the first place, and your healing output is probably the worst of all healers but you still have to bring some zealots for the AP they provide. They're utility used to be good with winds but that has been significantly nerfed. Unless you really like Zealot or your already invested i'd suggest playing another healer.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Fey

Post#5 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 pm

Scenario quests are your best bet for xp.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Toggle

Post#6 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:07 pm

wwright72 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:59 pm Yes you can usually find a dps to level with most times (easier during EU prime-time) or you can just join pug warbands and heal people to level.

The DPS spec of Zealot doesn't compare to Shaman or DoK since its been nerfed so many times not to say they were amazing in the first place, and your healing output is probably the worst of all healers but you still have to bring some zealots for the AP they provide. They're utility used to be good with winds but that has been significantly nerfed. Unless you really like Zealot or your already invested i'd suggest playing another healer.
I don't find that to be the case at all...

https://imgur.com/a/siO0Sp0
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Andack

Post#7 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm

Yeah the worst of all...

Omegus

Post#8 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:08 pm

Andack wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm Yeah the worst of all...

You should teach positioning to the Shamans in there so they can stay alive long enough to heal ;)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
wwright72

Post#9 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:32 pm

You cant hold up A single pug city scoreboard and say "This is how it is.". For one, those Shamans had a total of 45 deaths and thats actually impressive they died that many times.

I could provide 20+ screenshots of TUP/Phalanx cities where the DoKs and Shamans all consistently outheal the Zealots. Not to say Zealots are bad healers, they're heals tent to be very bursty which does save lives. But in ideal compositions versus coordinated opposition, they're overall outputs are simply lower.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Andack

Post#10 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:36 pm

You know what... Ok. I dont realy care :/