Recent Topics

Ads

Mara advice

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Deazel06

Mara advice

Post#1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:16 am

Hi guys, new Marauder wanting some advice.

While leveling mainly scenarios, what would be the best spec? Currently lvl 24 going down savagery which seems like a dot spec and things generally seem to die by the time i apply all my de-buffs etc. Am i best to go a more bursty spec? Also am i meant to stance dance at all? I cant find any info on correct rotations etc. Do i apply all three stacks of rend?

Also if all points are in one tree do they buff the damage of abilities in that tree? I.e i shouldn't bother using abilities in non the specced trees?

Thanks , any help appreciated.

Ads
Schett

Re: Mara advice

Post#2 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:25 pm

At your level I would pick up Cutting Claw in Savagery and then Draining Swipes (one of your hardest hitting abilities). Your goal is to get the heal debuff tactic in Sav.

Only rend targets that you know it will take time to kill and once you got 3 stacks then try to burst the target down.

And yes specing in a tree boost it's abilities.But you still want to use the other stance abilities.

It will depend on the fight and target with rotation if you want to to be optimal.

But in general what I do is
Tainted Claw > Cutting Claw > Draining Swipe > Thunderous Blow > Tainted Claw > Stance swap to Brut > Convulsive Slashing > Pulverize > Guillotine

If my auto attack cd is of I do Pulverize before Convulsive Slashing or I will just do some ticks of Convulsive Slashing and then cancel it for auto attack dmg with Pulverize.
If I use Deeply Impaled I open with Impale and then swap to Sav stance right after.
But as I said this is the simple rotation, I tend to adapt it to target and situation.

Also try to add in Corruption if there's no other toughness debuff (like chosen aura). To simple understand toughness debuff. By removing 40 toughness from your target equals giving yourself 40 str, dmg wise.
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

Deazel06

Post#3 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:45 pm

Schett wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:25 pm At your level I would pick up Cutting Claw in Savagery and then Draining Swipes (one of your hardest hitting abilities). Your goal is to get the heal debuff tactic in Sav.

Only rend targets that you know it will take time to kill and once you got 3 stacks then try to burst the target down.

And yes specing in a tree boost it's abilities.But you still want to use the other stance abilities.

It will depend on the fight and target with rotation if you want to to be optimal.

But in general what I do is
Tainted Claw > Cutting Claw > Draining Swipe > Thunderous Blow > Tainted Claw > Stance swap to Brut > Convulsive Slashing > Pulverize > Guillotine

If my auto attack cd is of I do Pulverize before Convulsive Slashing or I will just do some ticks of Convulsive Slashing and then cancel it for auto attack dmg with Pulverize.
If I use Deeply Impaled I open with Impale and then swap to Sav stance right after.
But as I said this is the simple rotation, I tend to adapt it to target and situation.

Also try to add in Corruption if there's no other toughness debuff (like chosen aura). To simple understand toughness debuff. By removing 40 toughness from your target equals giving yourself 40 str, dmg wise.
Thanks very much mate, i really appreciate it!

Sofong

Post#4 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:32 pm

tbh should stack armor and go monstro for demolition spam to lv 32 than u can really spec full sav and unlock 4th tactic. at 24 u only get armor debuff, build doesnt really matter.

Chubbo

Post#5 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:37 am

Joining in since i picked up the game yesterday and remembered having fun with marauder back in the days.

Should i stack strength all the way with talimans or go for some defensive stats as well?

Akalukz

Post#6 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Chubbo wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:37 am Joining in since i picked up the game yesterday and remembered having fun with marauder back in the days.

Should i stack strength all the way with talimans or go for some defensive stats as well?
For lower lvsls (say sub 30) i wold go full strength while lvling. Although I would pick up some defensive renown skills % disrupt dodge parry and 2 x Futile Strike.
-= Agony =-