Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Build based on Discordant Winds

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Roach

[Chosen] Build based on Discordant Winds

Post#1 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:28 am

I am trying to put together a 2-handed build based on Discordant Winds tactic but kinda lost.

Can any veteran chosen player help me put together a build? Like what masteries, tactics, gear and rotation I should use?

Ads
kazuya482

Re: [Chosen] Build based on Discordant Winds

Post#2 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:37 am

You want at least two defensive tactics. Namely flawless armor and rugged. Take at least 1 rank of futile strikes, 2 is better if possible. And lastly you want to use oppressing blows tactic alongside DW

Also try and max out reflexes for parry. You can add dodge/disrupt or add crit chance from there. Main stat is Str, but don't disregard toughness and wounds.

Zxul

Post#3 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:23 pm

RoR.builders - Chosen

Remaining points based on personal preference. For mass rvr replace absorb with Rugged.

Might as well use it with snb- 2h doesn't adds all that much dmg on chosen, while costs lot of defense.

As for Oppressing Blows, it turning Relentless into spirit doesn't does anything with Discordant Winds slotted, and as chosen you won't have enough crit to crit anyone with negative crit chance anyway (on my dok for example with init/-% to be crit calculated, I run with -18% or so to be crit).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Detangler

Post#4 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:44 pm

I wouldn't recommend 1h/shield DPS build until RR70 and high level gear. But dischordant winds works quite well for me.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Roach

Post#5 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Detangler wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:44 pm I wouldn't recommend 1h/shield DPS build until RR70 and high level gear. But dischordant winds works quite well for me.
How do you make it work? What mastery points, tactics, rotation and gear do you use?

Detangler

Post#6 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 pm

Roach wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm
Detangler wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:44 pm I wouldn't recommend 1h/shield DPS build until RR70 and high level gear. But dischordant winds works quite well for me.
How do you make it work? What mastery points, tactics, rotation and gear do you use?
RoR.builders - Chosen

invader set has lots of strength and almost no weaponskill. perfect for this build. stack str talismans and adjust your gear depending on how tanky you still want to be. spirit damage based cleave is lots of fun vs. shield tanks.
Destro - Mostly Harmless

Zxul

Post#7 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 am

Detangler wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 pm
Spoiler:
Roach wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm
RoR.builders - Chosen
invader set has lots of strength and almost no weaponskill. perfect for this build. stack str talismans and adjust your gear depending on how tanky you still want to be. spirit damage based cleave is lots of fun vs. shield tanks.
Problem- no stagger, weak resists aura with no points, weak megic reflect aura with no points, no heal debuff aura. And then also Daemonclaw, while chosen abilities scale poorly with str, and ws does nothing for this build.

And then no ap regen, while chosen dmg is based on keeping pressure- ap regen so you can keep chaining that Cleave is number one priority, before str crit or anything else.

And no Backlash, which is really the cherry on the cake.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Detangler

Post#8 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm

its not a warband build, better for group play or less. solo lake running and killing all non healers.

stagger? not missed
resists? i still cap out at 40%.
magic reflect? not needed in scenarios 99/100 times.
daemonclaw? i dunno, i like having a super defensive build that still tops 1k strength.
ap regen? 20 AP every 5 seconds is not all that much.
backlash? again, only useful in warband+ play.

feel free to bring your best melee character and duel me if you think you've theorycrafted it out of being a good build.
Destro - Mostly Harmless

Ads
Zxul

Post#9 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm its not a warband build, better for group play or less. solo lake running and killing all non healers.

stagger? not missed
resists? i still cap out at 40%.
magic reflect? not needed in scenarios 99/100 times.
daemonclaw? i dunno, i like having a super defensive build that still tops 1k strength.
ap regen? 20 AP every 5 seconds is not all that much.
backlash? again, only useful in warband+ play.

feel free to bring your best melee character and duel me if you think you've theorycrafted it out of being a good build.
Stagger+htl vs kiters is a major reason why I wet for dps with snb.
Can you cap resists with resists debuff on you?
Magic reflect not needed with all the bws/dps ams?
And how much dmg all that str adds? Compared to other options.
20 ap every 5 sec adds up, especially when you got ap regen on gear as well. Then 20 ap drain every 5 sec combined with Withering another 30 every 10 sec adds to pressure as well.
Backlash is a base of a chosen dmg, including in solo. Calculate how much dmg it actually does, and how much str would it take to get the same dmg.

And my best melee character is a dok which heals 80%+ of what a full geared heal one does, while also having a decent dmg and a am style ap drains. Sure its a good idea?

Detangler

Post#10 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:17 pm

sure, PM me in game sometime and lets test it out. Dont get to face DoKs in the lakes, so should be fun. The only WP melee I've fought melted quick.
Destro - Mostly Harmless