Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder-Hotkey bars

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Pottsy

Marauder-Hotkey bars

Post#1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I am curious how everyone has their hot keys to run the 3 different options Sav/Brut/Monst?

I'm struggling because some abilities work on both Morphs, and when I change from one spec to another an entire row of abilities disappears?

I am guessing 3 bars (min) are needed with each load out ready for the change over?

I play on laptop so I have to use a mouse to select abilities rather than number keys....

I appreciate your advice

Regards

Ads
R3xz

Re: Marauder-Hotkey bars

Post#2 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 am

You should look into nerfed buttons.

I was originally designed for people who are disabled/or in a situation where they have limited fingers mobility. It's an addon that can essentially set up multiple abilities in a sequence and activate/ignore them based on certain conditions that you set yourself. Might be confusing to learn how to use it at first but that's what the trainning dummy is for.

Foofmonger

Re: Marauder-Hotkey bars

Post#3 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:25 pm

So yea this is actually pretty easy.

Your first bar (bar 1) is your "stance bar" this will change based on your mutation/stance. Bind your stance abilities/spammables/most used abilities to this bar. Bind each stance to a hotkey as well so you can swap between them without clicking. You don't need to bind "no stance".

For abilities that aren't stance specific/you want to use all the time, bind them to the other 1-3 bars (depending on how many you have). This will be abilities like "charge", and "mutating release", and such, things you will use regardless of what stance you are in.

Now, some abilities may not be "stance specific" but you may want them on bar 1. A great example of this is your snare. You want to be able to get the snare off during kiting situations, so a hotkey you can use while hitting WASD is important here. For abilities like this, I bind them on my bar 1 in the exact same slot/hotkey in all stances. So that way, when I swap from one stance to another, my snare is always the same hotkey. This is important for consistecy.

To take it to another level, you can bind "like-like" skills, even if they are different, in similar spots. For instance, I bind tainted claw, guillotene, and demolition all to the same hotkey, because these tend of be my most used "stance specific" ability, so I want them all easily accesible. I know when I'm in monstro I want to be weaving in demoliotns, when I'm in Brut I want to get quick guillotenes off, and when in Sav keep tained claw up, so even if I screw up my muscle memory and end up in the wrong stance (which will happen) I'll end up doing "something positive" when I hit that hotkey. Same thing goes for your spammable, you want that to be the same hotkey in every stance bar.

Hope that helps!