Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] General gear guide questions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
voreeg

[Zealot] General gear guide questions

Post#1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 am

I'm having trouble with how to progress my gear post 40/50++. I'm currently in full annihilator and I'm not sure what to get next, is there some mix of armor and accessories people usually go for, and if there's a mix which pieces do people get specifically? Are any of the dungeon armor worth getting at my rank? Or is there something I should be slowly grinding towards? I can't get a solid understanding from most of the forum posts about Zealot gear.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: [Zealot] General gear guide questions

Post#2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:28 am

voreeg wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 am I'm having trouble with how to progress my gear post 40/50++. I'm currently in full annihilator and I'm not sure what to get next, is there some mix of armor and accessories people usually go for, and if there's a mix which pieces do people get specifically? Are any of the dungeon armor worth getting at my rank? Or is there something I should be slowly grinding towards? I can't get a solid understanding from most of the forum posts about Zealot gear.
Armor:
Take beaslord set => as fresh 40 you will use at least 3 pieces (ring/cloack/pocket) and get the first set bonus (225 armor iirc)
You can use full beastlord + 3 conq pieces (gloves/wrist/boots) while get full conq => get full conq
Farm your way to vanquisher/invader => mostly ppl say that invader is easier to get...dunno, the 2 sets are good.

Weapons/charm:
The level 40/39 weapons from SCs are easy to get and have good stats, you can get with 250 officer emblems...really easy to get. You can use that while get the subjugator from RVR.

Jewelry:
-at very first you can use beastlord cloak+ring (and pocket) and the 3 pieces this jewelry set (really easy to get via pve): https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... Impervious
You can use this while get the genesis set => genesis is better, so use genesis when you get it.
Last edited by emiliorv on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omegus

Post#3 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:41 am

voreeg wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 am I'm having trouble with how to progress my gear post 40/50++. I'm currently in full annihilator and I'm not sure what to get next, is there some mix of armor and accessories people usually go for, and if there's a mix which pieces do people get specifically? Are any of the dungeon armor worth getting at my rank? Or is there something I should be slowly grinding towards? I can't get a solid understanding from most of the forum posts about Zealot gear.
Until you can start looking at Sovereign try aiming for Vanquisher armour set (5 pieces - 9% crit in total), full Genesis cloak/ring set (5 pieces, 3% crit) and weapons with 2% heal crit on them (4% crit). Vanquisher has great bonuses and has two items with 2% crit on them (most armour sets only have one) along with the set bonus. Sentinel helm can give you another 2% crit. All of this besides the helm comes from keep bags at RR50+ (Vanq from gold, genesis from purple and I believe blue, weapon and charm from purple). You're only competing against yourself for loot in keeps so you are guaranteed a steady supply of bags of all colours. Don't buy and Vanquisher pieces until you are at the point where buying the pieces will complete the set as chances are you'll end up getting a duplicate. You can mix things up a bit when you get the Sentinel ring (requires farming BB/BE a lot).

6 piece sentinel is also good as a stand-in while farming your Vanquisher. You can get it from 3-4 runs of BB/BE (I forget how many runs are needed for the gear quests).

For end game I've worked this out so far to get the most heal crit and other useful stuff:

5 piece Sovereign (shoulders 2%, back 2%, chest, belt, jewel, 6% set bonus)
3 piece Sentinel (head 2%, jewel 4%, gloves. 3 piece bonus increases wounds by a lot too)
1 piece Vanquisher (boots 2%)
Weapons/charm: whatever so long as they have 2% crit. The conqueror ones from scenarios are good and fairly easy to get.
And then 2 jewels of your choosing for whatever.

That's 22% heal crit from gear alone.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Novokane

Post#4 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:22 pm

I went anni > vanquisher > invader and that worked for me quite nicely. for accessories you want to be aiming for the 5 piece genisis set for the heal crit bonus. good luck!

worship

Post#5 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi, have the same problem (40/51, annihilator set + Conqueror sash). I've read posts above - thanks, the final goal is clear, but not the steps to reach them :) would be grateful for the answers:
1. I have a mix of Conq (70), Vanq (28) and Invader (30) medallions - when and what exact pieces from each set should i buy or not buy?
2. Do i need to mix sets while farming full Invader?
3. Read above that i do not need to buy some pieces, but get them from the rvr bags - this apply to Conq and Vanquisher only? I saw some Conq pieces in bags, but took Subjugator weapon instead, so farm rvr and buy only last pieces needed?
4. Haven't checked Conq-Vanq-Invader medallions conversion yet - does it work? If yes, should i convert Vanq to Conq, get full Conq asap, and focus on Invader?

Thanks!

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Spoiler:
worship wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:13 pm Hi, have the same problem (40/51, annihilator set + Conqueror sash). I've read posts above - thanks, the final goal is clear, but not the steps to reach them :) would be grateful for the answers:
1. I have a mix of Conq (70), Vanq (28) and Invader (30) medallions - when and what exact pieces from each set should i buy or not buy?
2. Do i need to mix sets while farming full Invader?
3. Read above that i do not need to buy some pieces, but get them from the rvr bags - this apply to Conq and Vanquisher only? I saw some Conq pieces in bags, but took Subjugator weapon instead, so farm rvr and buy only last pieces needed?
4. Haven't checked Conq-Vanq-Invader medallions conversion yet - does it work? If yes, should i convert Vanq to Conq, get full Conq asap, and focus on Invader?

Thanks!
From gold bags is better to get the set piece, you can get subj from the purple ones, and genesis from blue. much ppl skip conqueror and go for vanq from anni.
if you want some "progression" can get full beastlord + 3 conq pieces (gloves/wrist/boots) => and then go for vanquisher.
Medallions 1 invader = 5 vanquisher /// 1 vanq = 5 conqueror

2. Do i need to mix sets while farming full Invader? => i think its better go full vanq for the set bonuses....and can mix pieces until cant reach the full set

Hugatsaga

Post#7 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:16 pm

Previous posters pretty much covered everything. One thing I would like to add that if you like to play lot of scenarios, you might want to look at scenario sets as well. While those are dps sets, zealot mechanic turns intelligence, magic power and magic crit from set pieces and bonuses into willpower, heal power and heal crit. That makes Dominator and especially Oppressor very good sets for heal zealot (imo Oppressor is better set defensively than Invader) so instead of conq & vanq u can go domi & oppressor. Problem ofc is that you need to do lot of scenarios to grind emblems on top of weapons that you need from scenarios. Good thing is that Tyrant or whatever rr45 scenario weaps are called are not really worse than Anathemas (rr61 sc weapons) so there is no rush grinding Anathemas.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

worship

Post#8 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:12 am

Hugatsaga wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:16 pm Previous posters pretty much covered everything. One thing I would like to add that if you like to play lot of scenarios, you might want to look at scenario sets as well. While those are dps sets, zealot mechanic turns intelligence, magic power and magic crit from set pieces and bonuses into willpower, heal power and heal crit. That makes Dominator and especially Oppressor very good sets for heal zealot (imo Oppressor is better set defensively than Invader) so instead of conq & vanq u can go domi & oppressor. Problem ofc is that you need to do lot of scenarios to grind emblems on top of weapons that you need from scenarios. Good thing is that Tyrant or whatever rr45 scenario weaps are called are not really worse than Anathemas (rr61 sc weapons) so there is no rush grinding Anathemas.
Thanks! Does Harbinger of Doom also convert talis in gear?

Ads
Richardwarhawk

Post#9 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:30 am

There are many gear guides on the forums, Also if you can post your class and what your preference to playing is we can help you further to what people have already talked about.

Hugatsaga

Post#10 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:56 pm

worship wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:12 am
Hugatsaga wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:16 pm Previous posters pretty much covered everything. One thing I would like to add that if you like to play lot of scenarios, you might want to look at scenario sets as well. While those are dps sets, zealot mechanic turns intelligence, magic power and magic crit from set pieces and bonuses into willpower, heal power and heal crit. That makes Dominator and especially Oppressor very good sets for heal zealot (imo Oppressor is better set defensively than Invader) so instead of conq & vanq u can go domi & oppressor. Problem ofc is that you need to do lot of scenarios to grind emblems on top of weapons that you need from scenarios. Good thing is that Tyrant or whatever rr45 scenario weaps are called are not really worse than Anathemas (rr61 sc weapons) so there is no rush grinding Anathemas.
Thanks! Does Harbinger of Doom also convert talis in gear?
Yes, intelligence talis change to willpower when harbinger its not active and vice versa. If the game is not showing you the right stats immediately after you slot talisman, toggle harbinger on and off once.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube