Your thoughts about Mara

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wildwindblows

Re: Your thoughts about Mara

Post#91 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:01 pm

Mergrim wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 pm
theoddone wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:12 pm This might be my favorite part of the whole thread.
Moonbiter wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:34 pm Discussions of mara's lack of mobility are always the same: trolls switches the point to aoe dps.

Lets talk about single target mara (sav+brut, no monstro) mobility and auxillary skills.
And then watching the thread unfold...

BUT MUH 25% MONSTRO PROC!!! MARA+CITY!!!

As for the OP marauder tactics. On paper the tactics might look OP, but the class is balanced around it. I mean, do you see SINGLE TARGET marauders doing massively more damage on ranked scoreboards compared to slayer, white lion, ASW, choppa, WE? Nope, not even with the wonders of PB, GI, or FoF. Also remember optimally mara cant run BF so it has to compensate for this through gear. Other classes can allocate those stats towards ws.

Looking forward to Mergrim's reply with the same copy paste stuff as before in the thread :D
Yes i see marauder deal more SINGLE TARGET dmg than choppa/asw/white lion/wh(same dmg like we).(remember thats many choppa use lotsa choppin that hits 3target but still mara easy outdps choppa) Problem with slayer is ID that tick on all target around making pressure on st and aoe.
Have 950 str on my bis mara and don't need more. Both choppa and slayer must run with BF and 120str/120ws tactic. Give them PB so they have extra tactic and 40+ free renown point:D

2days ago have ranked 2mara vs 2 slayer. 2mara easy win.
You cannot win any ranked game with 2 mara against 2 slayer and 2 wl. No way. (Ofc I assume that each team have bis gear and equal guard and heal). Slayer and Wl both have kd and 1800 damage morele 3. Also, Mara's raw damage is low compared these two class.

Ads
Allbback

Post#92 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:17 pm

Mergrim wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 pm
theoddone wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:12 pm This might be my favorite part of the whole thread.
Moonbiter wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:34 pm Discussions of mara's lack of mobility are always the same: trolls switches the point to aoe dps.

Lets talk about single target mara (sav+brut, no monstro) mobility and auxillary skills.
And then watching the thread unfold...

BUT MUH 25% MONSTRO PROC!!! MARA+CITY!!!

As for the OP marauder tactics. On paper the tactics might look OP, but the class is balanced around it. I mean, do you see SINGLE TARGET marauders doing massively more damage on ranked scoreboards compared to slayer, white lion, ASW, choppa, WE? Nope, not even with the wonders of PB, GI, or FoF. Also remember optimally mara cant run BF so it has to compensate for this through gear. Other classes can allocate those stats towards ws.

Looking forward to Mergrim's reply with the same copy paste stuff as before in the thread :D
Yes i see marauder deal more SINGLE TARGET dmg than choppa/asw/white lion/wh(same dmg like we).(remember thats many choppa use lotsa choppin that hits 3target but still mara easy outdps choppa) Problem with slayer is ID that tick on all target around making pressure on st and aoe.
Have 950 str on my bis mara and don't need more. Both choppa and slayer must run with BF and 120str/120ws tactic. Give them PB so they have extra tactic and 40+ free renown point:D

2days ago have ranked 2mara vs 2 slayer. 2mara easy win.
sometimes i see someone saying mara is too OP dont useing brain,and not even playing mara LOL~

Moonbiter

Post#93 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:58 am

I do not agree about brain mention.
Saying that mara is too OP is just ridiculous trolling.

My thoughts about my too OP 80 mara ended. I just switched to my underdog 80 choppa )

wildwindblows

Post#94 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Moonbiter wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:58 am I do not agree about brain mention.

My thoughts about my too OP 80 mara ended. I just switched to my underdog 80 choppa )
Soo, which one you prefer?

Allbback

Post#95 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:39 am

Moonbiter wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:58 am I do not agree about brain mention.

u can check what Mergrim said in page 3 , and what i said is just copy his sentence LOL

Bignusty

Post#96 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:33 pm

I was on a city last night whit a mara aoe tard and champion on P3 wrecking ball everywhere you want to know the result ? just 19 kill and outdamaged by a non champion sorcerer dps .

Mergrim

Post#97 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:38 pm

Bignusty wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:33 pm I was on a city last night whit a mara aoe tard and champion on P3 wrecking ball everywhere you want to know the result ? just 19 kill and outdamaged by a non champion sorcerer dps .
There is a lot crap mara around thats said this class is weak.
Look at this city...look where is mara and where is choppa or slayer.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/943336702

Lets compare mara champ to slayer champ.
Shauril 81 mara(probably still not bis gear) 29kills 1 dead 5kk+ dmg done, normal armor and resist +ignore armor penetration 100%, 1k heal in 5sec(70-90% uptime)
vs
Zunig 85 slayer(probably bis) 11 kills 8 dead 3.27kkdmg done, maybe some ppl not notice he play with 100% rage uptime, so half armor and resist.

What you choose?

Still don't get why this monstro buff exist. It was broken on live server and its broken here. They made a bad change by giving the marauder 50% crit dmg tactic.

Bignusty

Post#98 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:40 am

He was full rr80+ geared ... You cant ask to choose between slayer and mara slayers are way far better on aoe than mara maybe for your exemple mara wb was better than slayer one .

Ads
Stophy22

Post#99 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:59 am

This thread is so funny
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Sofong

Post#100 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:05 am

dust out the mara and play it for awhile, the dmg still crappy 50-200 dmg on melee train, basically just spam demolition and wrecking ball for stacking numbers, while wl can fo>cs>ctw actually assist with aoe spec. mara does put out some nice numbers in cities, with 6-8 aoe dps stacking up, everyone will get some kills natually, thats about it, nothing really outstanding from other dps, mediocre at best.