Recent Topics

Ads

Your thoughts about Mara

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mergrim

Re: Your thoughts about Mara

Post#61 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:25 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:19 pm
Mergrim wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:06 pm Both class are broken now.
I see 2 problem. First is mara monstro buff, 100ignore armor penetration and 1000self heal in 5sec. Need to change this.
Second is on WL Whirling Axe hitting everything around WL 30feet, when wrecking ball on mara hit only on front(same with slayer retribution and choppa bring it on). This is huge diffrent compare to rest melle class. Thats why all WL now can easy outdps slayer in city.

Remember if you use Piercing bite tactic only half bonus from ws work. In BiS gear you have around 69-70% armor penetration on mutation skill. Still broken 700ws tactic.

I don't know how ws work on wl with ignore tactic, my wl is still lvl 1(someone need to test it).

Single target spec are fine.
Mara is best melle single target spec on destro side.
WL is just fine, less dmg but better mobility.
Wl less dmg but better mobility? Must be joking. Wl got better dmg and better mobility
I'm talking about single target spec.

Ads
rrrutsss

Post#62 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:33 pm

Mergrim wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:25 pm
Mergrim wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:06 pm Both class are broken now.
I see 2 problem. First is mara monstro buff, 100ignore armor penetration and 1000self heal in 5sec. Need to change this.
Second is on WL Whirling Axe hitting everything around WL 30feet, when wrecking ball on mara hit only on front(same with slayer retribution and choppa bring it on). This is huge diffrent compare to rest melle class. Thats why all WL now can easy outdps slayer in city.

Remember if you use Piercing bite tactic only half bonus from ws work. In BiS gear you have around 69-70% armor penetration on mutation skill. Still broken 700ws tactic.

I don't know how ws work on wl with ignore tactic, my wl is still lvl 1(someone need to test it).

Single target spec are fine.
Mara is best melle single target spec on destro side.
WL is just fine, less dmg but better mobility.
Wl less dmg but better mobility? Must be joking. Wl got better dmg and better mobility
Yes it has tons of more burst and mobility in single target

Mergrim

Post#63 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:41 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:33 pm

Yea you can burst low armor target on WL, ST wl miss armor penetration that mara have on any spec.
Look at ranked sc, st mara easy outdps st wl.

rrrutsss

Post#64 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:04 pm

Mergrim wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:41 pm
Yea you can burst low armor target on WL, ST wl miss armor penetration that mara have on any spec.
Im talking from my experience
I got 71wl and 78 mara and wl is far more superior ( i dont play handball mara)

Mergrim

Post#65 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:31 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:04 pm
Mergrim wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Im talking from my experience
I got 71wl and 78 mara and wl is far more superior ( i dont play handball mara)
80+ mara here, 80+ choppa, 80+ slayer, 80+ sw, 80+zealot, 80+magius etc....

Wl is good 1vs1, but in team 6v6 mara is better.
current status mdps:
WL good 1vs1, semi-good in 6vs6, broken in city wb.
Mara semi good 1vs1(lack knock), great/broken in 6vs6. broken in city wb.
Slayer semi good 1vs1, great in 6vs6(ID make good dmg on ST/aoe), good in city wb(but wl>slayer)
Choppa semi good 1vs1, semi good in 6vs6(no id no extra st dmg, prob worst class now in ranked), good in city wb(chop fasta) with tons of BO you don't need choppa anyway.
Melle squig great 1vs1, great in 6vs6, great in city wb.
SW, whispering wind=broken in every aspect of game.
WH/WE great in 1vs1(still dont get why they run more then 1 wh/we on rvr), great in 6vs6, semi good in city wb(ST group, wh good armor debuff)

Pandastyle

Post#66 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Idk about ranked/6v6...mara is good in that format but I wouldnt say its great/broken. its lacking the mobility to be truly great/broken. any healer will just kite you to oblivion, same as rdps. and you are basically forced into sav built because you need to specc heal debuff because you cant assure your second dps will have one.
I want to emphasize that I dont call for more mobility on mara tho :D its fine, its just that makes it just "good" and imo not "great/broken" in 6v6...just my 2cents (also game is not balanced around 6v6 amirite?)
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

puzzolamistica
Suspended

Post#67 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:56 pm

and i want to add another thing.
if u play a st party on city the marauder is probably the best option on the game right now, wl cannot play in a st party on city because of pet, and this atm is a relly big problem.
If u play destro on city u can put on the st part squigs, mara, we, maybe a sorc and also a choppa if u want, when if u play order your option are pretty much only wh and sw if u dont want to take out a slayer from the melee blob.

Mergrim

Post#68 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:58 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:40 pm Idk about ranked/6v6...mara is good in that format but I wouldnt say its great/broken. its lacking the mobility to be truly great/broken. any healer will just kite you to oblivion, same as rdps. and you are basically forced into sav built because you need to specc heal debuff because you cant assure your second dps will have one.
I want to emphasize that I dont call for more mobility on mara tho :D its fine, its just that makes it just "good" and imo not "great/broken" in 6v6...just my 2cents (also game is not balanced around 6v6 amirite?)
Why everyone compare mara to wl? You have same mobility like choppa/slayer. With better survi on aoe spec, and better single target than choppa.
Mara pull(WL), 20% crit tactic(SW), 50% crit tacti dmg(WH/WE), great stance buff(better than WL, sw scout/skrimish spec(assault is broken for me and should be nerfed)
They have so many tools from all class not only from WL.

People who only play 1-2 classes will never look at the overall balance and will only think about improved the class they are playing.

Ads
Pandastyle

Post#69 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Mergrim wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:58 pm
Pandastyle wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:40 pm Idk about ranked/6v6...mara is good in that format but I wouldnt say its great/broken. its lacking the mobility to be truly great/broken. any healer will just kite you to oblivion, same as rdps. and you are basically forced into sav built because you need to specc heal debuff because you cant assure your second dps will have one.
Why everyone compare mara to wl? You have same mobility like choppa/slayer. With better survi on aoe spec, and better single target than choppa.
Mara pull(WL), 20% crit tactic(SW), 50% crit tacti dmg(WH/WE), great stance buff(better than WL, sw scout/skrimish spec(assault is broken for me and should be nerfed)
They have so many tools from all class not only from WL.

People who only play 1-2 classes will never look at the overall balance and will only think about improved the class they are playing.
I dont disagree with that. I wasnt trying to compare to WL. And yes they ahve the same mobility as choppa/slayer...thats why I wouldnt say that choppa/SL are "great/broken" in that format and would say they are just "good"
and if you want to imply that I dont know about other classes because of my signature in your last sentence I have to disappoint you :D these two are just my 2 highest rr chars, I have a couple 40s (a slayer is among them)
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Moonbiter

Post#70 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:14 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:51 pm The added bonuses of Armor debuff, armor Ignore, +50% crit dmg and +25% from Mutated agressor seem to stack and are able to net more than 3k dmg on guillotine alone... Isnt that a bit much of dps when we add all together ?
3k on guillotine? Realy?
Just test it on a dummy (no thoughness, no armour on it)
1105 str
37 melee str
+50% crit dmg
piercing bite (+50% armour pen)
+25% from mutated aggressor

i've got values in between 1900-2150.
In practice i've got 1300 at best (low armour target with cutting claw applied). So, 3k is fake at least. No offence intended.

Some other posts here was about 1000 hp per 5 sec. restoration....
That is 'not so too'. It has a chance of 25% per hit. So it's 1000hp per 11 sec in average (4 hits in avarage to get an effect and that needs 6 sec + 5 sec to restore hp).
It's 91hp per sec. Ha...greatest skill ever...
It is as ridiculous as to recommend a WL to use Furious Mending. They could get a constant flow of restoration even not being engaged!

The unbalance is in mobility mostly.