Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder]About rrless gear

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
moragorkhezald

[Marauder]About rrless gear

Post#1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:04 pm

Hi, I started to level up a Mara in the server long ago but my Internet in those times was really bad so I did it mosly through pve and in return now he is 40/23. As I did not do much rvr/sc I feel the char is a bit gimped in pvp and rr gain. When I came back a month ago I started a Zealot who is now 32/38 and I feel like I get tons more rr points, so I have stopped trying anything on the Mara, who is mostly pve equipped.

Anyways, I was told in chat I should do beastlord/genesis/assailant gear as they do not require a rr and as such would give me a push in being more competitive in that part of the game. I plan on building it for monstro spec as it seems the hands-down better spec (some say the only viable spec) and it is what I played on live anyway.

Is beastlord/genesis/assailant the right thing to go for right now? I found how to get the quests to obtain the beastlord gear in the wiki but could not find how to obtain genesis/assailant jewelry, so how do one obtain these?

Shall I go for other gear instead? Maybe forget about it and just focus on mindlessly following my wb in rvr and suck it up the slow grind? scs maybe (I feel bad for the other destro guys and I mean it cos I usually last 3 hits).

TLDR: wtf do I do I suck much 40/23 mara bruhhhhh

thanks in advance

Ads
cleanharry030

Re: [Marauder]About rrless gear

Post#2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Afaik the renown requirement for Beastlord gear got removed. That might be a good start if you can find a group willing to take you. Otherwise it will be a oRvR grind if you (rightfully) don't want to burden your teammates in scenarios. Tag along and participate in zonelocks. I think you will start getting Officer Medallions at RR30+ and i'm sure someone would be willing to send you Annihilator boots and gloves for free (you can send me a mail ingame @Valrelen and i can send you those). Once you reach RR 39 you will be able to equip the full set and with a little bit of luck and contribution you might get a gold bag on the way to get another piece and buy the rest with medals. Once you hit RR40+ you will start getting Conqueror gear from gold bags, purple will give you Subjugator weapons (a solid start) and blue bags will give Genesis tokens (jewelry set).

edit: Check out the vendors in south Inevitable City. The Advanced Renown Gear and Elite should have some green pieces to help on the way.
Ybilla WP / Valrelen DoK

Not Good Enough / NGE

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:25 am

Spoiler:
moragorkhezald wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:04 pm Hi, I started to level up a Mara in the server long ago but my Internet in those times was really bad so I did it mosly through pve and in return now he is 40/23. As I did not do much rvr/sc I feel the char is a bit gimped in pvp and rr gain. When I came back a month ago I started a Zealot who is now 32/38 and I feel like I get tons more rr points, so I have stopped trying anything on the Mara, who is mostly pve equipped.

Anyways, I was told in chat I should do beastlord/genesis/assailant gear as they do not require a rr and as such would give me a push in being more competitive in that part of the game. I plan on building it for monstro spec as it seems the hands-down better spec (some say the only viable spec) and it is what I played on live anyway.

Is beastlord/genesis/assailant the right thing to go for right now? I found how to get the quests to obtain the beastlord gear in the wiki but could not find how to obtain genesis/assailant jewelry, so how do one obtain these?

Shall I go for other gear instead? Maybe forget about it and just focus on mindlessly following my wb in rvr and suck it up the slow grind? scs maybe (I feel bad for the other destro guys and I mean it cos I usually last 3 hits).

TLDR: wtf do I do I suck much 40/23 mara bruhhhhh

thanks in advance

Armor: Go for beastlord armor. also you can get Ruin set from PQ (really easy to get), onslaugh set (from ch 22 pq, hard to get) or redeye set from gunbad. => you can mix sets for the +str bonus
Jewelry: check this link for ToK unlock jewels https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... ccessories
or get jewel boss lairs/AH.
Weapons: you can make the T4 epic quests or buy some epics/blue from AH

moragorkhezald

Post#4 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:02 am

Thank you both guys for the advices, they were very helpful in the way ahead.

Right now I am Mixed BL (helm, chest, cloak, ring, pocket), Dominator (boots, gloves, belt and shoulders) and genesis jewelry (along with the bl ring, but I have the whole genesis set). I also have 2 subjugator chaosaxe (I was told next step is farming the oppresor sc weapons to have then upgraded later at rr62).

I also have obtained a vanquisher direhelm and vanquisher gloves in rvr gold bags which I can now wear (sitting at rr58) and enough medals to possibly buy another piece (about 200). I also have like 40 invader medals that I could downgrade to vanquisher if it was necessary (should I?). I heard they are cutting prices on vanquisher gear so I have been reluctant to buy any piece, but time has run and I do not want to be waiting for it and then have a 10% cut.

So, at this point, what should I be doing in your opinion? Just mix vanq gear with BL and drop domi (I did like the armor buff from it, so thats why I went domi and not conqueror), maybe farm Gunbad to access mid-tier ward gear like sentinel? Farm oppresor?