Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] How much was it nerfed?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Premutos

[Marauder] How much was it nerfed?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi,
I just started playing and i'm currently deciding on my main.
I played on AoR so i have a basic idea of power levels, strengths/weaknesses of the classes back then.

I saw a couple of impressing videos form 2018 ("second" on yt) owning as Marauder, and also read some forum posts from 3 to 5 years ago, claiming that Mara is a viable choice, has everything needed, and is always welcome in PUG's.
I looked at the Career builder and on paper it also looks really good.

I just now stumbled over a recent thread(2019/2020) here, where everybody seems to agree that Mara was nerfed to the ground and is pretty useless in RvR now.

So my question is, (1) how much is Mara nerfed in RoR compared to AoR/early RoR, and (2) what was nerfed?
(3) Are there also changes to other classes that significally change their power tier, and (4) is there a comprehensive list of balance changes somewhere?

Thanks in advance !

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Re: [Marauder] How much was it nerfed?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:51 pm

To much, he was on Live not even close to be balanced but ROR destroyed him completely, you have no dash/pounce you have a crap knockdown stun that is deep in monstro tree, your damage is low compared to other Melee dps, your tankyness is ok but the rest is crap.
Only playable way is playing Marauder as Monstrosity Marauder for AP/Moral or Moral Drain but your damage becomes nearly as weak as 2h chosen and kotbs and you start becomming a two button class.

I would rather play something else, my Mara has 300-400+ hours and i stopped now playing him because i gave up on hoping that the devs will after 2 years finally buff him after they buffed every mirror class and all other mdps that are played this way.

Illuminati

Post#3 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:03 pm

Ditto for Chosen.

You should consider another melee. WL is so overturned and OP I would recommend that class of Order. On Destro a BG, mSH, BO, Choppa, WE in that order.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

cattlebruiser

Post#4 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:55 pm

The wiki lists a few of the changes but it doesn't seem to be comprehensive sadly. If you enjoy the class and how it looks I'd still give it a spin, they could buff it at any time.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 pm

cattlebruiser wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:55 pm The wiki lists a few of the changes but it doesn't seem to be comprehensive sadly. If you enjoy the class and how it looks I'd still give it a spin, they could buff it at any time.
Marauder is crap for 2 years.... yeah they will buff him soon, good joke.

Bozzax

Post#6 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Changes
- Monstro proc rate much lower
- TB weakened and moved to 13 pts
- TB 10s CD
- Rend damage increased (not sure how much)
- PB tactic only affect mutated attacks not everything
- HD tactic leech on heal wont leech potions
- Terribad embrace changed to str and tweaked multiple times
- Brut 3pts tactic Hulking Brute gained 160 ini

+ more?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:40 pm

@Op

I know probably what thread read your talking about, anyone doom saying that Mara is trash is out of their mind, Mara is still the best destro mdps viable for all content, people just keep comparing it to the overtuned or overbuffed classes on order like assault shadow warrior etc

People who want ASW or WL damage on those classes should just go play those classes then become sand when they become non relevant in seiges
Bozzax wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:00 pm
- PB tactic only affect mutated attacks not everything
- HD tactic leech on heal wont leech potions
Neither of these are “changes” they were bug fixes that maintenance mode mythic wouldn’t bother fixing on live just like the multitude of other bugs they didn’t bother fixing
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heybaws

Post#8 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:41 pm

Pull became str based, so it can't be disrupted anymore, though it can be blocked or parried.
Mutation procs cannot be triggered by axe throw anymore afaik.
Wounds and armor debuff are little bit weaker, but overall he is fine, damage in sava/brut feels quite nice if you invested in melee crit. Aoe damage in monstro is meh, dunno how it was before, aoe mara is viable for warbands mostly cause of morale drain, not because of his basic damage tho.

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:58 pm

heybaws wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:41 pm Pull became str based, so it can't be disrupted anymore, though it can be blocked or parried.
Mutation procs cannot be triggered by axe throw anymore afaik.
Wounds and armor debuff are little bit weaker, but overall he is fine, damage in sava/brut feels quite nice if you invested in melee crit. Aoe damage in monstro is meh, dunno how it was before, aoe mara is viable for warbands mostly cause of morale drain, not because of his basic damage tho.
Seriously.... pls shut up just say that you know nothing about Mara...

heybaws

Post#10 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:07 pm

Seems like you're not a fan of civilized conversations