Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Monstrous RvR

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Irreality

[Marauder] Monstrous RvR

Post#1 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:06 am

So the main question is if monst mara still suitable for rvr, what's his main role there and what masteries and renown should i achieve going through to 40/40.
Should i try maxing str or toughness, parry or crit and so on.
Cause all i see on rvr now is sorcs vs brights do tonns of aoe dmg, get exp and rp for kills while im standing and waiting for short engage ending either win or death. Cant really realise real profit of being melee.
Ready to discuss there and really will appreciate your thoughts about it.

For now, really think about rerolling to aoe rdd, despite the fact playing on mdd/tanks in mmo for last 10 years...
Last edited by Irreality on Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
VkdswWH

Re: Monstrous marauder RvR

Post#2 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:13 am

what's his main role
low damage moral drain bot and very low damage moral and ap drain bot

low damage moral drain bot
RoR.builders - Marauder

very low damage moral and ap drain bot
RoR.builders - Marauder

Marauder its not for damage and burst, you never will do dps like good Choppa/Sorc.

you can go to sava/brut for low single target damage and debuffs with pathetic aoe
RoR.builders - Marauder

if you want good aoe damage go to Choppa and meleSH (squig) or Sorc (Bright Wizard better for aoe)
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Panodil

Post#3 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:48 am

As we play order alot as guild now, im happy with low ammounts of maras in rvr.
Mara does good damage and great utility. Moraledrain, aoe knockdown are really good and really **** up order bomb. Then mara also have great m2 for moraledrop.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Irreality

Post#4 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:55 am

if you want good aoe damage go to Choppa and meleSH (squig) or Sorc (Bright Wizard better for aoe)
Ok moral and ap drain is good, but still u are not refunded for it at all am i right?
While choppas and sorcs spaming aoe and get tonns of reward i do tonns of utility and get rewarded with 20 rp and 100 exp.

So the main question is why should i being low dmg and low profitable on pub raid or there is other reward count for it?

Irreality

Post#5 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:57 am

Still as i see mara more survivable than other mdps, so if i go full deftard build i will be quite utile for team and will survive something like chosen or so?
Cause if im low at dmg why shouldnt i go tank instead?

Panodil

Post#6 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Irreality wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:55 am
Ok moral and ap drain is good, but still u are not refunded for it at all am i right?
While choppas and sorcs spaming aoe and get tonns of reward i do tonns of utility and get rewarded with 20 rp and 100 exp.

So the main question is why should i being low dmg and low profitable on pub raid or there is other reward count for it?
Group gets rewarded equally, you will have 2nd dps in party.
You play the utility to win as warband for more sweet kills. One aoe knockdown or good insane whipers on healers and your wb might wipe the enemy. Its not like your damage is low.
But i dont mind destro running choppas and melee sh, makes it easier as order.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

DiMakss

Post#7 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Better question is "Why should i play mara, if i can not play?"
Nobody want mara in WB, just look at chat when сity siege is started, hundreds of maras lfg, but nobody want them.

VkdswWH

Post#8 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:06 pm

"Still as i see mara more survivable than other mdps, so if i go full deftard build i will be quite utile for team and will survive something like chosen or so?"

yes, you can go to armore stack and be tanky but its dosnt save you from magical damage.
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Ads
Irreality

Post#9 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:09 pm

DiMakss wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:03 pm Better question is "Why should i play mara, if i can not play?"
Nobody want mara in WB, just look at chat when сity siege is started, hundreds of maras lfg, but nobody want them.
Its a question for me, cause if he has so much utility with his ap+morale drain why parties avoid him than?

Irreality

Post#10 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:11 pm

VkdswWH wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:06 pm "Still as i see mara more survivable than other mdps, so if i go full deftard build i will be quite utile for team and will survive something like chosen or so?"

yes, you can go to armore stack and be tanky but its dosnt save you from magical damage.
Well, so tanks also receives so many dmg from sorcs/brights?
Ive seen some chosen which looked quite unkillable in big rvr fight.