Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Why are our demons 2 seconds to summon?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
martholomew

[Magus] Why are our demons 2 seconds to summon?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pm

Unless we spend an entire tactic slot for an instant summon, our demons are 2 full seconds to cast. The Engineer is only 1 second to summon a turret. Combine that with their extreme armor penetration and range, and it begins to look rather unbalanced. There are A LOT of Engineer players, and only a handful of Magi players it seems.

On the surface, this seems rather an unfair balance and advantage.

Rather than be bitter and resentful about it, I would like to have someone who knows both classes better than I please explain and justify and help me understand how this IS in fact, balanced (if it is).
Magus 40/78

Ads
heybaws

Re: [Magus] Why are our demons 2 seconds to summon?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Man, it's hard to recognize what is trolling and what is not these days.

Lithenir

Post#3 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:25 pm

How can it be fair that Magus just has to push one stat (INT) while Engi has to push two stats (BS and WS) to make dmg? How can it be fair that Magus can debuff the resistance it makes dmg on while Engi cannot debuff Armor?

The classes aren't fully mirrored, which I prefer. I like an Engi to be an Engi and not a Magus in dwarf design. Every class has it's one weaknesses and strenghts and that's good. So please stop those nasty whine posts because you think your class has a slight disadvantage

RuffRyder

Post#4 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:39 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:25 pm How can it be fair that Magus can debuff the resistance it makes dmg on while Engi cannot debuff Armor?
Yeah, definitely hard to tell what's trolling these days... :D

No offense mate, but Turret has Armor debuff, you have an Armor ignore ability (APR), several set boni have it... enough?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

martholomew

Post#5 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:43 pm

I am neither a troll, nor am I whining. I LEGITIMATELY asked for reasons this is balanced because on the surface, it seems like a major imbalance. I even admitted ignorance on how the Engineer works and its under-the-hood mechanics. I am only a couple months playing my Magus and still figuring things about.

If you only want to see constructive posts, be constructive in your replies to people genuinely asking these types of questions. Now thank you for the (snarky) explanation.
Magus 40/78

Gangan

Post#6 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:45 pm

martholomew wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pm Unless we spend an entire tactic slot for an instant summon, our demons are 2 full seconds to cast. The Engineer is only 1 second to summon a turret. (...)
Where did you read that engie turrest are 1 sec-casts? They take 2 sec to deploy just like the magus' deamons...

Would be great if people could check such simple things ingame first before crying out on the forum :roll:
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Lithenir

Post#7 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:50 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:39 pm
Lithenir wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:25 pm How can it be fair that Magus can debuff the resistance it makes dmg on while Engi cannot debuff Armor?

No offense mate, but Turret has Armor debuff, you have an Armor ignore ability (APR), several set boni have it... enough?
Í give you that I somehow forgot APR, maybe because my Engi is too low to have it. But are you really counting the Turret debuff, which is 24 by tooltip? Wow, so mighty. And this post is not about set boni, it is about abilities, so you can keep those. ;)

Maybe my post was also not well-thought, but I am so sick of these people crying about everything, when they think they have a slight disadvantage

martholomew

Post#8 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:51 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:50 pm
RuffRyder wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:39 pm

Í give you that I somehow forgot APR, maybe because my Engi is too low to have it. But are you really counting the Turret debuff, which is 24 by tooltip? Wow, so mighty. And this post is not about set boni, it is about abilities, so you can keep those. ;)

Maybe my post was also not well-thought, but I am so sick of these people crying about everything, when they think they have a slight disadvantage
I am not crying about anything. I asked for someone to explain it to me, because I did not understand, and instead you chose to be salty. You did not have to read my post or reply and trouble your life so.
Magus 40/78

Ads
Wiede

Post#9 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:52 pm

Engi turret is 2s too except with the use of expert skirmisher tactic.
Magus hast to deal with disrupt only while engi hast to deal with armor and dodge. For that they got a armor pen skill and other tools like pierce defense, that have more grp utility than magus can offer. Also engi has better (also grp utility) morals.

I dont think the Balance between magus and engi is as bad as the whiners here say.

martholomew

Post#10 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:53 pm

Gangan wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:45 pm
martholomew wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pm Unless we spend an entire tactic slot for an instant summon, our demons are 2 full seconds to cast. The Engineer is only 1 second to summon a turret. (...)
Where did you read that engie turrest are 1 sec-casts? They take 2 sec to deploy just like the magus' deamons...

Would be great if people could check such simple things ingame first before crying out on the forum :roll:
Why is it that every time people who are new to this come here asking legitimate mechanics questions, and folks like yourself dog pile on them for it?
Magus 40/78