Recent Topics

Ads

New Magus need help!

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
JohnnyBGoode

Re: New Magus need help!

Post#21 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:41 pm

That's really helpful, thanks a lot! My magus is only 34/37 but i like it a lot so far. I plan on gearing him good.

Ads
Toggle

Post#22 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:06 pm

nat3s wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:58 pm Changed my gear quite a bit, back then i was using the following which works great for grinding to rr80:

2x Anni
3x Domi
4x BL

Then int accessory (3x genesis works if you have it or the tome resist set if not)

Slot 21+ toughness if you can afford to.
Hope you’re still around. Got my magus to 40, and I have some questions about the gear. Was there a specific mix for these, or am I alright if I just get the required number of pieces? For example, I can buy the dom boots and gloves. Can I just pick up the next cheapest piece? Thanks!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ototo

Post#23 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:37 pm

Toggle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:06 pm
nat3s wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:58 pm Changed my gear quite a bit, back then i was using the following which works great for grinding to rr80:

2x Anni
3x Domi
4x BL

Then int accessory (3x genesis works if you have it or the tome resist set if not)

Slot 21+ toughness if you can afford to.
Hope you’re still around. Got my magus to 40, and I have some questions about the gear. Was there a specific mix for these, or am I alright if I just get the required number of pieces? For example, I can buy the dom boots and gloves. Can I just pick up the next cheapest piece? Thanks!
Ideally for this spec would be: Anni helm and chest, Domi glove boots and belt, rest Beastlord.
Spoiler:

VkdswWH

Post#24 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:04 am

martholomew wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:46 am
I dunno what to do. What is the BEST spec and gearing for scenarios? I'm sick of running back and being instantly focused and murdered without even so much as casting a single summon.
Hi) I have 80rr magus. and what i say to you:
SC/Solo - Demonology with def gear.
Warbands - demonology with rift or Warband Keep/Fort def/attac - Changing for fast renown farm.

Forget about Havoc. Yes its fun but useless. If you run Havoc/Changing you - easy target for all.
Go deftard = take care about your nerves.
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

emegale

Post#25 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:38 pm

VkdswWH wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:04 am
martholomew wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:46 am
I dunno what to do. What is the BEST spec and gearing for scenarios? I'm sick of running back and being instantly focused and murdered without even so much as casting a single summon.
Hi) I have 80rr magus. and what i say to you:
SC/Solo - Demonology with def gear.
Warbands - demonology with rift or Warband Keep/Fort def/attac - Changing for fast renown farm.

Forget about Havoc. Yes its fun but useless. If you run Havoc/Changing you - easy target for all.
Go deftard = take care about your nerves.
Can you link the build for Warbands AoE Dot? Or is demonology with rift better? If so can you link build & armor choices plesae

VkdswWH

Post#26 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:23 pm

emegale wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:38 pm
Can you link the build for Warbands AoE Dot? Or is demonology with rift better? If so can you link build & armor choices plesae
just stay half-afk mod on max range an cast your aoe dots with pink demon buff on some cowards on keep wals or fort door and enjoy your renown. But in that build you cant kill somebody solo 1 vs 1 because you = easy target
(you can get endless pandemonium too but you pet always dying so fast. Chaotic Attunement - just save your time )
RoR.builders - Magus

Spam Daemonic Lash for aoe. your main singl target attack - Daemonic Maw. Somtimes rift some guys to you group.
( you can get Lasting Chaos for help you group regen ap. But Chaotic Attunement - just save your time and you always can move and sumon you mele daemon close to the ememys for extra aoe.)
RoR.builders - Magus
use bolt of change to kill some cowards who can't fight 1 vs zerg and starting running away.
and if you put on you rift magus some "def" gear with some armor/toughness tali, mix some sets for stat bonuses. you can gank solo.

i dont play on magus a few months, marauder eats all my time in game and i cant show you actual gear. But for "deftard magus" just look some sets with int wounds/toughness bonuses or armore bonuses and mix that
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Yaeger

Post#27 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:02 am

Is this a viable specc for def magus too? Or better specc demo up to rift?
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5093,5119

VkdswWH

Post#28 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:26 am

Yaeger wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:02 am Is this a viable specc for def magus too? Or better specc demo up to rift?
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5093,5119
try it, why not?) But if you need Rift you should be go to npc and change talents and this is not comfortable.
dont 100% focus on build what i posted it's just a recommendation. You always can get Searing Vitality for more heal or Warped Flesh to be more tanky or something else.
(demo = up your resists buff and "close" range aoe)
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Ads
Yaeger

Post#29 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:42 am

Your def build is better. I didnt saw that you have a close quarter tactic in slot. That is great :D

Wonderbreadpvp

Post#30 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:45 pm

Yaeger wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:42 am Your def build is better. I didnt saw that you have a close quarter tactic in slot. That is great :D
Can you link the build your talking about? Can't seem see one in here that has close quarter tactic :)

Also I'm r20/rr21 atm, so I go a ways to go, is there a specific lvling spec people recommend for RvR/Scenarios?