Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Returning Player Looking for SC Advice

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fraxinus

[Chosen] Returning Player Looking for SC Advice

Post#1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Hello everyone! I've been away from the game for a little while, but I've come back. Last night I hopped on my level 21 / rr 21 Chosen to run some Scenarios, and ran into a bit of a problem - it seemed like Destro was consistently getting dumpstered by Order. Not just losing, but getting absolutely bodied.

I played four scenarios, and in none of them did Destro get higher than 50 points out of the 500 needed to win.

Now I would blame myself for this as the common factor here, but I'm not really sure if my potentially lackluster performance could drag down an entire SC group to that degree. Either way, I'm looking for some advice.

I'm playing sword&board and so far going Corruption; my recollection from the days of WAR live as well as other MMOs that I've played is that a tank is useful to have in any type of PvP content, to play the objective and generally not die. I'm not so much looking for advice on a build, per se, although if there are any talents that are must-haves, I would like to know. Mostly what I'm looking for is the fiddly bits of SC strategy; who should I put Guard on, for example. Should I, as a tank, still follow the normal priority of killing the healers first, or should I focus on the enemy DPS and try to lock them down as much as possible? That sort of thing.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Chosen] Returning Player Looking for SC Advice

Post#2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm

The notion that you must kill the healers first is frankly a bad and outdated one; you should aim to kill the enemy DPS first, and then push up to the healers if an opening should present itself. By opting to go for the enemy healers, you leave your own healers open to the enemy DPS; you should kill a few of the DPS first, which will give your own healers breathing space and allow you to push for the win vs their healers.

In regards to your Scenario experience? Best advice would be to make friendly with a few people, and queue up with them: you are always going to have a bad time when you queue solo as your win rate will be entirely dependent upon who the gods have decided to bless you with as teammates, and whether or not you are coming up against premades on the enemy's side.

If you wish to maximise your chances of winning, then you should definitely find at least a healer and a DPS to group with.

Fraxinus

Re: [Chosen] Returning Player Looking for SC Advice

Post#3 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:54 pm

Thanks for the reply! That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. That by itself will probably help a lot.

As far as the group thing, I'll see what I can do but I may end up having to simply put my faith in the gods. I am their Chosen, after all. :P