Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder & melee question

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
paswolf

Marauder & melee question

Post#1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:46 pm

Hey guys. I mained Mara until not long before they closed the servers, so it's been a bit. I'm just curious, how are Marauders at end-game and melee in general? From what I can recall, melee mostly had problems in that most of the time they're just standing around watching ranged players duke it out and when you did get close there were at least as many ways ranged classes had to escape as there were gap closers (if not more). Also seem to recall Maras were not in a good place at end game RvR. There were so many ways to negate their tankiness that their relatively low damage was not up to snuff. Am I remembering correctly? And if so, is any of that different in RoR? Thanks guys!! If you see Srswingsalot, throw me a wave!

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Marauder & melee question

Post#2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:09 pm

paswolf wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:46 pm Hey guys. I mained Mara until not long before they closed the servers, so it's been a bit. I'm just curious, how are Marauders at end-game and melee in general? From what I can recall, melee mostly had problems in that most of the time they're just standing around watching ranged players duke it out and when you did get close there were at least as many ways ranged classes had to escape as there were gap closers (if not more). Also seem to recall Maras were not in a good place at end game RvR. There were so many ways to negate their tankiness that their relatively low damage was not up to snuff. Am I remembering correctly? And if so, is any of that different in RoR? Thanks guys!! If you see Srswingsalot, throw me a wave!
You need to stop thinking in terms of end game in the context of AoR/Live

Live was broken not only due to the multitude of bugs left fixed but also due to the pay to win busted rr100 armor sets

RoR will never go up the the rr100 gear sets, the end game sets will be sov and unlike mythic the RoR team actully fixes bugs including making sure that unlike live piercinge bite only affects mutated attacks instead of the bugged way it applied to all atacks on live

and yes orvr is orvr lots of rdps being thrown around but mara is still one of...no

THE best mdps on destro

and we have a lot of AoE options for orvr play along with utility and a great M2 in great fang that makes us good for morale bombing too

Dont worry man, mara is and will continue to be a solid top tier class

anarchypark

Post#3 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:34 am

Mara pull is now str based.
not full str though, forgot the percentages.
no more disrupt, instead it got blocked, parried.
100% chance to pull if hit from behind.
also have minimum range. forgot number.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

larsulu
Suspended

Post#4 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:29 am

paswolf wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:46 pm Hey guys. I mained Mara until not long before they closed the servers, so it's been a bit. I'm just curious, how are Marauders at end-game and melee in general? From what I can recall, melee mostly had problems in that most of the time they're just standing around watching ranged players duke it out and when you did get close there were at least as many ways ranged classes had to escape as there were gap closers (if not more). Also seem to recall Maras were not in a good place at end game RvR. There were so many ways to negate their tankiness that their relatively low damage was not up to snuff. Am I remembering correctly? And if so, is any of that different in RoR? Thanks guys!! If you see Srswingsalot, throw me a wave!
Mara is still a pretty good mdps for destro.
I never played live so I can’t tell the difference with ror .
Here they turned the pull into str ( 0.5 your strength )
But they killed completely thunderous blow and made draining swipe more useless then before.
Also they removed the mutations procs on toss axe.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

toffikx

Post#5 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:27 am

Decimo rubbing in that TB nerf wherever he can :) .

larsulu
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:52 am

toffikx wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:27 am Decimo rubbing in that TB nerf wherever he can :) .
Ahahah I keep trying 🤣🤣
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok