Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] The dreaded 31...

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Haskr

Re: [Zealot] The dreaded 31...

Post#11 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 am

Toggle wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:39 pm So, I’ve heard quite a bit about hitting 31 being a big turning point for a toon. Looking for a little advice regarding my Zealot as I’m about 3 bars from dinging 31. What do I need to know about the transition? Does anyone have advice they could offer me? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!
Here are some tips I gave another zealot looking for help some weeks ago, maybe they help you too:

RoR.builders - Zealot

I don't play Zealot anymore so maybe some experts can help you better, but I try to give a few points:

- To take all of the good stuff you need rr50+ (so you can take stagger and tzeentch's grip tactic)

- Tzeentch's grip tactic is very good, gives the target an absorb shield (the good thing about absorb in this game is that it cannot crit, so if a Boiling Blood from some Bright Wizard would crit you for 2k dmg but you have a shield up that takes absorbs 300 dmg it absorbs it all)

- Warping the spirit tactic is very good, it gives the target an increase in armor and lower armor penetration, can be dropped if you play in a premade and everyone know what he is doing, in pugs were people might not even use armor pots its a very good tactic

- Blessing of chaos is a good tactic to have, it increases all healing on target by 25% for 10 seconds (not only your heals)

-> as you have seen from the previous: most tactics require a critical heal, that means you have to get your healing critical chance as high as possible so you can proc your tactics often

- Aethiric shock is a stagger thats very valuable, try to stagger enemy healers or dd in the backline that are not attacked (damage on target breaks the stagger). If you succeed your target can do nothing for 6 seconds, if you get a stagger on an enemy healer for 6 seconds you can decide some fights. If you get ganked by a witch hunter alone you can stagger him, mount up (3 seconds) and ride into the sunset.

- Ritual of Innervation is an AOE ground target skill that should always be up, it gives you and your team valuable action points when they activate an ability

- Other good tactics are: Restorative Burst if you have problems with your AP management, Endless Gifts is a very good tactic to constantly cleanse a single target (watch your AP)

- Slot armor talismans, your willpower should be at about 600, no need to go higher it has very bad returns

-Use your detaunt and aoe detaunt properly

- always be on the move, the biggest advantage of a zealot(and runepriest) is that he has a spammable flash heal on the move (Flash of chaos, the higher the heal crit the better that skill and the more your tactics will proc.

- Spec 20 renown points into dodge and disrupt, take futile strikes 1, take your initiative rune and see what your chance to be crit is, if its still to high take futile strikes 2, THEN spec the rest into heal crit.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Re: [Zealot] The dreaded 31...

Post#12 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:33 am

Toggle wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:01 am So, what would a dps need to do at 31 then? Just rush to 40 and go in with some PvE gear like Ruin?
RvR and PvE. Just keep Renown a few levels above your actual level. I tend to find a lot of T4 SCs a bit of a slog compared to earlier tier SCs (where group composition is only important). With gear/RR disaprities and group composition compounding each other, you get a hell of a lot of one sided matches, I'd probably not take a healer or tank to many T4 SCs until I have at least officer medallion gear (and even then I'd stop for the day if I lose a couple SCs by like 400 points). Kind of feels like doing a T1 SC with a level 3 character.