Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder]

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BeautfulToad

Re: [Marauder]

Post#11 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Toggle wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:46 pm
toffikx wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:06 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 am You dont switch between mutations. Your build will largely determind which mutation you use.

Mara is a good option.
For WB mara you will stay in monstro. For ST mara you will rotate between sava and brut stance.
So WB play is Monstrosity and SCs/Dungeons Savagery/Brutality? Doesn’t seem like there’s much swapping involved if that’s the case. Appreciate the input!
If you level him up to 40, you'll get the hang of it. Just read some guides in the forum or ask on advice.

Ads
toffikx

Post#12 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:31 pm

”So WB play is Monstrosity and SCs/Dungeons Savagery/Brutality? Doesn’t seem like there’s much swapping involved if that’s the case. Appreciate the input!”

Yea, that’s the general idea. You’ll have sava/brut in orvr small scale too. Swapping mainly between sava/brut for key abilites. Monstro can happen too, when you need to get monstro proc to stay alive/be defensive. Also, you can keybind the stance arm ui.

Toggle

Post#13 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:11 am

toffikx wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:31 pm ”So WB play is Monstrosity and SCs/Dungeons Savagery/Brutality? Doesn’t seem like there’s much swapping involved if that’s the case. Appreciate the input!”

Yea, that’s the general idea. You’ll have sava/brut in orvr small scale too. Swapping mainly between sava/brut for key abilites. Monstro can happen too, when you need to get monstro proc to stay alive/be defensive. Also, you can keybind the stance arm ui.
Thanks! Really appreciate the information. I’m drawn to the aesthetics of Marauders, so I like to hear that it’s something I may be able to swing without making it a job.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Wdova

Post#14 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Toggle wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:11 am
toffikx wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:31 pm ”So WB play is Monstrosity and SCs/Dungeons Savagery/Brutality? Doesn’t seem like there’s much swapping involved if that’s the case. Appreciate the input!”

Thanks! Really appreciate the information. I’m drawn to the aesthetics of Marauders, so I like to hear that it’s something I may be able to swing without making it a job.
I am not sure if pve marauder need stance dancing in dungeons. Marauder mailny stance dance because he apply debuff from savagery first than finish his target in brutality. In dungeons You dont need ap, wounds or armor debuff on mobs, You just deal dmg. Armor debuff is mainly provide by BG/BO. In Wb You stay in monstro almost all the time so only heavy stance dance is in small scale (solo, duo, 6man)RvR or scenarios. Please correct mě if I am wrong.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

TenTonHammer

Post#15 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Wdova wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:14 pm
Toggle wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:11 am

I am not sure if pve marauder need stance dancing in dungeons. Marauder mailny stance dance because he apply debuff from savagery first than finish his target in brutality. In dungeons You dont need ap, wounds or armor debuff on mobs, You just deal dmg. Armor debuff is mainly provide by BG/BO. In Wb You stay in monstro almost all the time so only heavy stance dance is in small scale (solo, duo, 6man)RvR or scenarios. Please correct mě if I am wrong.
Yes the higher dungeons like BB

The constant ap drain is not enough to be countered by zealot or chosen aura vs these bosses that even before ssyradin changes was a dps race and yes you need wounds and armor debuff to clear stuff faster like the champion mobs or the adds summoned by bosses like the ones in the great unclean one fight to take pressure off your healers or tanks sooner

People who are trying to min max will also request you that you slot deeply impaled to give everyone 10% more crit since triple dps is even more common now

I never got the whole monstro stance popularity for ORvR, the usefulness of the play style is from crushing blows morale drain tactic which dosnt matter if your not in a premade group/WB

Spam demolition or wrecking ball? Just die from on your guard faster from my experience

BeautfulToad

Post#16 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:04 am

Maras can be pretty tanky, one of the GMs even thinks Mara is one of the best gankers as a result of this tankiness.