Recent Topics

Ads

Rework sava/brut Mara.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: Rework sava/brut Mara.

Post#41 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Bozzax wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 pm -TB moved (spec options lost)
Not really we always went 13 point into sav regardless before so TB Being 13 points now was not a great change

no “spec options” were lost

Sav brut you can still get finisher 50% crit and mutated aggressor

Sav monstro you can still get AoE kd and WoM if you want

Ads
Bozzax

Post#42 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:14 pm

There was a reasonable brut heavy spec for x2 mrd
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

TenTonHammer

Post#43 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Bozzax wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:14 pm There was a reasonable brut spec for x2 mrd

what was it that you need after mutated aggressor from brut tree? That you can’t just do with cookie cutter sav brut? Just dump pts into brut? Or get WoT which is hardly useful for small scale?

Or just you know take 2H BG instead of second Mara who provides a bigger wounds debuff than Mara will still being a great mdps assist

Bozzax

Post#44 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Just more pts in the brut tree
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

larsulu
Suspended

Post#45 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:54 am

Lokiusus wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:41 pm I’m going to stop lurking and throw my two cents in here:

I love sav/brut. I made one in WAR and it’s still my favorite way to play my Mara. I try not to play Monstro specific unless I have too in a WB setting, there’s not a ton of skill to it in comparison.

That said - Sav/Brut does feel a bit gimped atm. There have been so many nerfs that, yes, you can debuff well, but your DPS threat has diminished a lot, and as Mara you don’t have a ton of survivability (unless you stop DPSing to go Monst) to make up for the diminished threat.

As evidence - I suspect we have less Mara’s playing recently than we ever have before, and I certainly haven’t heard bitching about Mara from the playerbase - when all other very effective DPS classes (BW/Sorc, SL/CH, WL/WL) regularly receive hate.

If everyone thinks Marauders are “balanced well” it probably means they don’t see them as much of a threat as the others, and arguably Mara should be tweaked upwards to be in line with the competition.
Agree with you.
Is see lots of Mara running sc/rvr but 90% of them are monstro spec.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Stophy22

Post#46 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:08 am

larsulu wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:54 am
Lokiusus wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:41 pm I’m going to stop lurking and throw my two cents in here:

I love sav/brut. I made one in WAR and it’s still my favorite way to play my Mara. I try not to play Monstro specific unless I have too in a WB setting, there’s not a ton of skill to it in comparison.

That said - Sav/Brut does feel a bit gimped atm. There have been so many nerfs that, yes, you can debuff well, but your DPS threat has diminished a lot, and as Mara you don’t have a ton of survivability (unless you stop DPSing to go Monst) to make up for the diminished threat.

As evidence - I suspect we have less Mara’s playing recently than we ever have before, and I certainly haven’t heard bitching about Mara from the playerbase - when all other very effective DPS classes (BW/Sorc, SL/CH, WL/WL) regularly receive hate.

If everyone thinks Marauders are “balanced well” it probably means they don’t see them as much of a threat as the others, and arguably Mara should be tweaked upwards to be in line with the competition.
Agree with you.
Is see lots of Mara running sc/rvr but 90% of them are monstro spec.

90% of maras I see go monstro and it makes me sad cause I play a brut/sav mara and while wrecking ball, aoe kd, and all that jazz is fun. Just can't beat the feeling of the quick switch to pulverize->Guillotine. Absolutely love it.

Although I am one of the people that kind of agree mara is a good class that is well balanced. And I do not feel that it needs changes because I believe it to be in a good place, but as someone who used to play mara a long time ago (before nerfs) and someone who plays it now, I'd yeah sava/brut is lacking a tad, evidence of that is the amount of monstrorauders running around. I'm not saying it needs more power but I agree with statement above talking about much presence the monstrorauder has over the brutality/savagery marauder.

P.S. Anyone who sees this thread and immediately thinks people are crazy for wanting to "buff" mara its a very similiar discussion happening about WL. To clarify,
"Hey WL is a little crazy, it needs some nerfs"
to which the response is "All the dmg is in the pet, just kill it. And they have no WB spot".
The viewpoint is scewed and it requires people who actually play the class and game to have knowledge on the issues being discussed.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Hat

Post#47 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:20 am

Stophy22 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:08 am I'd yeah sava/brut is lacking a tad, evidence of that is the amount of monstrorauders running around.
Probably because sav brut is entirely single target and thus completely useless in a warband...?

This thread is hilarious when you have stuff like sw/sh ranged specs are worthless with terrible aoe and **** damage, wl not having an aoe spec and being complete cancer with killing people in a few gcds ON TOP of having the best mobility in the game, we not having an aoe spec and wh being a meme class, chosen being absolute trash compared to a kotbs, wp having exalted defenses and wounds buff while dok get a nerfed m2, choppa being a completely garbage class that is literally only being played for an overperforming broken pull, sorc aoe potential being trash compared to bw etc etc.

All of these are actually important balancing issues whereas mara is literally the most complete and balanced class in the entire game and excels in ANY enviroment.

Stophy22

Post#48 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:32 am

Hat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:20 am
Stophy22 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:08 am I'd yeah sava/brut is lacking a tad, evidence of that is the amount of monstrorauders running around.
Probably because sav brut is entirely single target and thus completely useless in a warband...?

This thread is hilarious when you have stuff like sw/sh ranged specs are worthless with terrible aoe and **** damage, wl not having an aoe spec and being complete cancer with killing people in a few gcds ON TOP of having the best mobility in the game, we not having an aoe spec and wh being a meme class, chosen being absolute trash compared to a kotbs, wp having exalted defenses and wounds buff while dok get a nerfed m2, choppa being a completely garbage class that is literally only being played for an overperforming broken pull, sorc aoe potential being trash compared to bw etc etc.

All of these are actually important balancing issues whereas mara is literally the most complete and balanced class in the entire game and excels in ANY enviroment.
Yeah and if you'll read the above part of my post I stated that I thought mara was in a good place. My entire post was to sympathize with OP about this qualms because theyre understandable, theyre just not the most important by any means. Take any one of your examples except WH being a meme class, don't know what you mean by this but i do agree it needs aoe. But those are actual problems that need fixing. Just as a player who has played mara in the past before TB nerf and the amount of monstrorauders running around its an understandable complaint. It's just like 8th place in the que for reasonable complaints.

Also not all forms of play have to take place in a warband. 6v6 is not warband, premade roam groups arent warband, etc. A lot of players tend to stray away from zerg mentality as they understand its a **** show and will still spec Monstro because its hard to pass up 0 armor pen and a pretty solid heal as well as aoe kd, inti debuff, and to quote myself, "all that jazz".
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#49 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:05 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:06 pm Ah forgot to factor in zel buffs in from grps

Either way you don’t need ini from those tactics
You should take in consideration ini debuff.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

wachlarz

Post#50 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:18 am

larsulu wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:05 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:06 pm Ah forgot to factor in zel buffs in from grps

Either way you don’t need ini from those tactics
You should take in consideration ini debuff.
Or 10% to be crit from tac FoF if he use it