Recent Topics

Ads

2H CHOSEN help

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rapzel

Re: 2H CHOSEN help

Post#81 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:04 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:59 pm
Rapzel wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:51 pm
Panzerkasper wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:17 pm Very vague question without having a background on your rr/gear status.

If you really wanna be helpful as a 2h chosen you stop going for the yolo meme dps build and start beeing a support tank.

Spec like this

You want the long punt, and you want the mobility. Pump your life up to atleast 8.5k and get some decent amount of toughness+crit immunity. If you feel you get to many crits slot flawless armor instead of unstoppable juggernaut. It's no mistake to equip a combination of tank sets and get those juicy toughness boni.
"Any time you BLOCK an attack you gain 25% parry", great tactic for 2H 6 man.
The tactic mixed defense and corrupitve power are not in the correct places in the ror builder, those two are switched. Forgot to say that.
Okay, I'll edit my post about that then.

Ads
BartuPasha

Post#82 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:55 pm
GPMonz3524 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:24 pm Hello everyone,
Ive been looking for an updated guide for a 2h chosen. Every thread ive come across is old and when i click on the build links they say they cant be found for some reason. That being said i understand 2h chosen are frowned upon and only decent RR70+ in usually small scall groups/sc’s.
Okay so i ran across a few high geared and high RR lvl 2h chosen and they do very good for themselves in sc’s im in. Sometimes topping dps charts and always in the thick of battle holding theyre own.
So what im asking if your one of them is what talents, tactics, gear, auras, and rotations you all are using. If you could include situational rotations and tactics that would be great being that those can be changed on the fly.

Thank you for anyone who takes the time to help.

Updated my original post, hope you find it useful!
Your build is still very good ty

sergteo

Post#83 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:14 am

Asherdoom wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:24 pm chosen 2 handed are worthless. tanks in this game got only one fuction: guardbot. you totally lack killing potential., leave dps/kill job to choppas/witch elves and marauder please.
U probably got killed by SnB Blackguard

Detangler

Post#84 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:30 am

sergteo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:14 am
Asherdoom wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:24 pm chosen 2 handed are worthless. tanks in this game got only one fuction: guardbot. you totally lack killing potential., leave dps/kill job to choppas/witch elves and marauder please.
U probably got killed by SnB Blackguard

Sick burn on a post that's fast approaching two years old.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

space44

Post#85 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:56 pm

for 2 H chosen use 4 peice sov and 4 peice warlord for crit power and use Hand of Malal. put points into wounds, toughness, strength, dodge, and futile strikes. max out path of dread for 120 strength on aura and pick Rending blade, Deamonclaw, Relentless, and Deadful terror from that tree then put 11 points into Path of Corruption and get Downfall. auras you should run are Dreadful fear, Corrupting retribution, and Dreadful terror. you should swap out one of the auras to another one to fit the situation your in.

thats what i use
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Thunderbragi

Post#86 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:33 am

I play my chosen with harrower, 2fleshrender(hp reg), sentinel with crit stone, sovdreadshild assecior. Invader head and glove (for st set bonus)/ sovdsword shoulder and cape (st set bonus+ hp reg from shoulder)/ warlord chest and boots (st set bouns+ hp reg)/ sovdreadshild belt (wounds set bonus)

+15 crit tactic
Absorb tactic
Toughnes tactic
+152st and though tactic

Renown points are parry full/ dodge disrupt full/ fs 3/ 1 melee crit/ rest st and wounds.

Armor pot and thoughnes crit liniments

All talis are +24st just 2 +24 wounds on weapon and invader gloves.

For solo i run with st aura/resi/hp. In group you can switch hp to ap aura.

So i got

825st
709 though
952 wounds
188 ini (2.6%)
307 ws

4839 armor
31.7 parry
29.2 dodge
25.6 disrupt

Mele crit 26%
Armor pen 21.9%

Skullgrin

Post#87 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Doing a quick update here since I keep getting asked about what I've done since Sovereign/Warlord has been added. I don't have time atm to go through everything, but here are a couple of PM's that I've sent out that should answer most of the questions I've received from others -

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:51 pm Heya, sorry its taken so long to get back to you, real life has been kicking my ass and I haven't had as much time to play or surf the forums.

As to my current gear, I'm currently running a 3/3/2/2 build - 3 Warlord, 3 Dreadshield, 2 Dreadsword and 2 Genesis. I picked these in order to maximize stat gains rather than going for the set abilities (I feel you can't go wrong with higher stats, whereas you can get caught up trying to stack abilities beyond what is absolutely needed). I prioritized pieces that have health regen and then went for the ones that most benefited 2H play. Oh, and for a 4th jewelry piece I'm using a Gunbad Amber for the stats and 2% parry.

All of my talismans are currently strength ones, although I have also used a wound and/or initiative talisman to add stats to those areas when needed.

My Mastery setup and and Auras haven't changed much, I run Dreadful Fear and Discordant Instability almost always, and swap out Dreadful Agony or Dreadful Terror depending on what class I'm facing.

As for my final stats, here are some images to show how I've got them set up.

This first image is of my base stats with no modifiers other than talismans.

This is with potions added.

This is with both potions and Auras.

And finally, this is with all my modifiers plus Daemonclaw and Suppression activatied.

As you can see from that last picture, I hit the strength soft cap with Daemonclaw up and with my Toughness hitting 950 I don't have to worry as much about stacking wounds.

Anyway hope this helps, and happy hunting!

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:01 pm The Auras I mostly use are Dreadful Fear, Dreadful Agony, and Discordant Instability. Here is a pic of my current gear setup -

If anyone has any questions they want to ask then feel free to ask away, I'll try to answer them when I get the chance. :D :P :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

vanbuinen77

Post#88 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 pm

That 700 AA dmg seems bugged
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#89 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:56 am

vanbuinen77 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 pm That 700 AA dmg seems bugged

You're probably thinking that because the default setting for it in statdoll is AA/sec. If you right-click on it, it will change to AA/hit - which is what it was set to when I took that screen shot. I prefer to see the per hit number as your auto attacks aren't divided into seconds in the game - they hit once every X seconds, where X is your weapon speed.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Collision

Post#90 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:48 am

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:56 am
vanbuinen77 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 pm That 700 AA dmg seems bugged

You're probably thinking that because the default setting for it in statdoll is AA/sec. If you right-click on it, it will change to AA/hit - which is what it was set to when I took that screen shot. I prefer to see the per hit number as your auto attacks aren't divided into seconds in the game - they hit once every X seconds, where X is your weapon speed.
With your build, you spam Cleave or Ravage ? if Ravage why taking weapon skill ? just to up the white hit ?