Recent Topics

Ads

2H CHOSEN help

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ClemmonGrab

Re: 2H CHOSEN help

Post#61 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:02 pm

mytreds wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:16 pm As a Knight I wish we had a write up and explanation as good as this. Kind of sad
I think it's just lack of interest. 2h Kotbs looks silly compared to SnB kotbs imo, and most people who are interested in 2h tank gameplay roll SM.

Ads
mytreds

Post#62 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:06 am

That’s why it’s sad. 2h’s Knight has huge potential but no one wants to talk about it in a thorough manner

Honshu
Banned

Post#63 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:49 am

mytreds wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:06 am That’s why it’s sad. 2h’s Knight has huge potential but no one wants to talk about it in a thorough manner
Is it? I always hear people say that it's basically a waste because KoTBS is all about utility and support. Can you write up a pitch on how you do your 2h KoTBS and the kind of performance you get out of it? Or at least the theorycrafting you've done if you don't have a knight. Genuinely curious.

Zxul

Post#64 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:50 am

mytreds wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:06 am That’s why it’s sad. 2h’s Knight has huge potential but no one wants to talk about it in a thorough manner
Send it in pm before to someone who asked, and think I posted it somewhere, anyway posting it again:

Kotb build depends alot about what it is for- solo roaming, duel roaming, 6 man, wb. Base build would be something like that:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3096,3071

Switch tactic set with absorb for one with Focused Mending for 6man/wb. Auras resists/ap, and switch the last one depending if you need dmg (aoe dmg aura- dmg really adds over time), healing (when channeling htl a lot, or in team/wb in general), On Your Guard. Remaining points based on personal preference (might want to get Coordination from middle tree at rr60).

This gives you:
-Decent base defense from Rugged/absorb or extra healing from Focused Mending.
-Between ap aura and Perseverance+Sun's blessing, lot of ap regen. Which is useful for:
-Defense- when facing destro ranged, this will help a lot with channeling htl with no downtime.
-Offense- from experience on chosen, you don't really have a burst anyway- you kill with high pressure over time, meaning ap regen to keep pressure up gives you more than some extra dmg. Precision Strike+ Efficient Swings+ap regen+ws talis will give you just that. Can do this this while remaining snb as well, since chosen/kotb scaling with str sucks anyway.
-Shield of the Sun when combined with Sun's Blessing over time will add quite a bit of dmg as well.
-Semi burst- build up all your dots on target, then hit m1 for armor debuff/1 more dot and spam Precision Strike. Between 25% armor ignore and 1 k armor debuff from m1 thats when Precision Strike should start really hurt.

Between chosen and kotb, kotb has better group utility, while chosen has spirit dmg/very good thorns build/incoming heal debuff aura. What I'm using on chosen (snb):

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4795,4775

Auras are resists/ap regen/aoe dmg for solo, replace aoe dmg with Discordant Fluctuation or aoe heal debuff for wb.

Backlash combined with Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield add up to lot and lot of dmg over time. For wbs I'm replacing Discordant Winds with usually moral pump.

Btw one more tip for snb- you can chain htl while running, assuming you have enough ap regen, allowing you to chase kiters then Quake (Heaven's Fury)- snare- Juggernaut if they self punt/snare- kill.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

mytreds

Post#65 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Honshu wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:49 am
Is it? I always hear people say that it's basically a waste because KoTBS is all about utility and support. Can you write up a pitch on how you do your 2h KoTBS and the kind of performance you get out of it? Or at least the theorycrafting you've done if you don't have a knight. Genuinely curious.
I’d rather not hijack a post on Chosen builds with talking about Knight builds. My comment was simply praising the poster who gave a thorough explanation of the available 2h builds for you class. Most people just paste the RoR career website builds with little explanation and I find that doesn’t help spread the knowledge or encourage discussion of a class in a helpful manner. There are many detailed discussions on SnB tanks, and seeing such a detailed response to the 2h Chosen question is nice to see and your Chosen player base are lucky to have that.

Collision

Post#66 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:27 pm

Hello,

What is the best dps weapon (without pve) for a 2h chosen ? Anathema or invader ?
Anathema is slower (i don't know if it's usefull in this game) and haven't got weapon skill but 1200 Scs token don't come easily

Thunderbragi

Post#67 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:52 pm

For chosen solo 2h is harrower realy nice. You cant kill a enemy with dmg burst, your main fokus is on sealfheal and to survive as long as you can. So i think solo chosen have to go with snb, to get block% with you that other dps enemy havent. It not a question to put the block high. When you do 2h go need so mutch resources for parry, that you lose a lot of dps. I run with snb solo and works very fine for me. Got soft cap with str and 9200hp and do alot of dmg over time.

Skullgrin

Post#68 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Collision wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:27 pm Hello,

What is the best dps weapon (without pve) for a 2h chosen ? Anathema or invader ?
Anathema is slower (i don't know if it's usefull in this game) and haven't got weapon skill but 1200 Scs token don't come easily

The Fortress Bonesplit. You can see the stats by mousing over the link, but the link itself doesn't work. Must be something wonky with the Armory page for it, theres no icon for it in the Armory on your character if you have it equipped. It also has the same speed proc that Anarchy and the Subjugator weapons have.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
axeslayer

Post#69 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:59 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:25 pm

The Fortress Bonesplit. You can see the stats by mousing over the link, but the link itself doesn't work. Must be something wonky with the Armory page for it, theres no icon for it in the Armory on your character if you have it equipped. It also has the same speed proc that Anarchy and the Subjugator weapons have.
for someone doing pve also you recommend the fortress one too??

Skullgrin

Post#70 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:47 pm

axeslayer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:59 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:25 pm

for someone doing pve also you recommend the fortress one too??

For PvE pretty much anything works, even the starter endgame weapons like Anarchy from the epic quests or the Badmoon Deathsword from T4 influence. The Subjugator weapons are probably the easiest to get however. The Fortress Bonesplit is still the best DPS Chosen weapon in game at this point, although I just acquired Guardian's Direblade of Anathema and I'm really loving the defensive aspects of it combined with Sovereign armor.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80