Recent Topics

Ads

Need help Zealot Healing

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Haskr

Re: Need help Zealot Healing

Post#11 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:42 pm

Sewox wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:05 pm
larsulu wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Sewox wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:44 pm

thanks :) how about the gear? go for the defensive gear? the gear officer emblems give, or the more offensive healing gear? the one officer medalion gives?
My zealot has heal gear with all armor talis and the impervious set ring ( 3 rings from pve unlock bestiary )
Thanks u are the best <3 1 more question? ingame ppl say get 1050 willpower and here you explain 600 is enough, what shall i go for? 600 willpower or 1050?
Best regards!
Well basically you have to understand what Willpower does:

1. It adds bonus health to your healing spells, if your flash of chaos does 300 basic heal at 600 willpower and you go to 1000 willpower it now does 340 (all numbers are totally made up, just to give an example)

-> one reason why I adviced against stacking willpower is that it has very bad returns (the added bonus heal is very weak, if you make a heal crit for 600 or 800, what are those 40 or 60 bonus heal worth? and to achieve that you have to miss out on something else because you stacked willpower)
-> so to stack willpower you are not stacking something else (like armor, initiative, wounds or whatever) that could help you much much more at staying alive and continue healing

2. Willpower used to give your character a certain chance to disrupt enemy spells and basically every healer stacked it and sorcerers and bright wizzards were very angry, because they couldn't kill healers because they got disrupted so much, some months ago the formula was changed and now it also has very bad returns, so if you stack a big bunch of willpower now you only get a very small amount of disrupt.

I play on order side only at the moment and I see a LOT of healers running around with willpower potions and talismans, in my opinion that is a total waste, but maybe im all in the wrong and we have to wait for some actually good players to englighten us, I can only tell that from the times when I played healers (AM rr50+ and RP rr50+) I went a lot better by upping my defences and not wasting slots or potions on willpower.

Ads
Fey

Post#12 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:03 pm

No need to cap willpower as number crunchers have determined it has terrible returns. Your blessing of chaos will do the work for you.

Stagger is a must have imo, at least get that and AP ritual in alchemy as every zealot should have AP ritual. I personally am fully specced into Alchemy including M4 shield morale. Also I have been specced into middle tree for absorb ritual for awhile now. I really like how absorb ritual performs. Its internal cool down is only 2 seconds so it procs all the time. Even if the absorb is small it is up constantly, and afaik tzeentch's grip does not refresh itself.

The pros with this spec are absorb ritual obviously, and a 60 initiative buff from middle tree. You have max single target heals, and a beefy M4 absorb. I sometimes run the flash of chaos crit tactic because I run beastlord and you're going all in on single target heals with this spec. The morale on heal tactic is also a good option.

The cons are no tzeentch's grip, but absorb ritual will do that job and opens a tactic slot. Also your Dust of Pandamonium and Leaping Alteration will suffer because you'll have little or nothing in Dark Rites. This means you really want a DoK to spam the group heals because yours are for spreading blessing of Chaos.

Mine is a niche ORvR spec for sure. Cookie cutter is as most recommend; stagger, AP ritual, Tzeentch's grip. I ran that forever and wanted to do something different. It works though.

Stagger is your best spell. You should be looking for your next stagger target always. You'll want to easily bind your stat swap so you can toggle it as you stagger, and then toggle off. My stagger rotation would be: middle mouse, 5, middle mouse. This ideally is during 1 global cool down. Also avoid WP if you can find a better target, they'll likely have a bunch of disrupt, and you'll trigger extra heal on defense. Other targets are obvious, especially satisfying when canceling a Rez.

Enjoy your Zealot. It's a rewarding class, and with stagger shenanigans quite fun.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

larsulu
Suspended

Post#13 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:40 am

Sewox wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:05 pm
larsulu wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Sewox wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:44 pm

thanks :) how about the gear? go for the defensive gear? the gear officer emblems give, or the more offensive healing gear? the one officer medalion gives?
My zealot has heal gear with all armor talis and the impervious set ring ( 3 rings from pve unlock bestiary )
Thanks u are the best <3 1 more question? ingame ppl say get 1050 willpower and here you explain 600 is enough, what shall i go for? 600 willpower or 1050?
Best regards!
1050 willpower means you slot all willpower talis, you need to be more def cuz you can’t heal when u dead 😆.
Also there no difference on healing value between 1050 and 600 will, is like 70/80 healing points.
You will heal more with crit.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ekundu01

Post#14 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:32 pm

Zealot healing is fun but our trees are a bit jumbled and some tactics don't work or are just not effective. If you are under RR50 you can still make a RR50 build if you are at least RR40 with an armor set that gives a bonus to one of the paths you wish to get an extra point in.

So you can get the stagger, the ap ritual, and the absorb tactic from dark rites. That is probably the best option until you can spec all three at RR50.

IMO the Zealot really shines at single target ass saving healing the best. The aoe/group healing can work ok but unless you have some decent ap regen you will find yourself out of ap quickly spaming group heals. The other 2 healing classes do better as a multi target healing mainly because they do have one solid healing tree.

As other have said stacking heal crit is the way to go not only because willpower stacking is lackluster but the main staple of healing as a zealot, blessing of chaos tactic requires a crit to give the bonus to healing on the target. It also helps with keeping you supplied with ap because restorative burst requires heal crit to get ap. You can also do some fun stuff with the morale heal crit tactic too for small man stuff.

Some things not mentioned here Transference works even with Harbinger off (could be a bug) helps with landing more staggers cause of the 10% strikethrough on the tactic. The benefit of doing this currently is that the group AP tactic is also in the same tree if you want to take that tactic too.

Don't bother with Manipulation tactic, while it looks good on paper because you can help add some pressure while healing someone it has a low damage amount and is only a chance to proc and will not do damage on overheals. If it procs it only does damage based on the actual amount of missing health you healed. If it actually did damage if you over healed someone it would be worthy of a slot.

Lashing waves tactic doesn't work so no aoe silence.

Ritual of Lunacy can not crit heal and can not proc any on heal tactics that i know of.

I know you said healing but also changers touch our heal debuff will not proc off of dot crits.

That is all i have to add right now.
Trismack