Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder is viable for a new player?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
larsulu
Suspended

Re: Marauder is viable for a new player?

Post#11 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Mizar wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm Hi, i am fresh cannon fodder and i want to play chaos :D i would try marauder but before create character i would like to know how is this class atm. All build i found are outdated and the link is broken.
I would like to level this character 80% pvp (bg and rvr at high tier) 20% quest, but for time matter i cannot play much as i will so usually i will log and play alone (i will seek for italian guild soon).

Did some one have information and a build to share?
thanks in advance
Ciao quando vuoi puoi possiamo parlarne in gioco, puoi cercarmi su decimo ( Mara ) oppure su larsulu ( zealot ).
Gilda Italiana ti consiglio I Guardian of destiny ( gruppo affiatato e molto attivo sia lato pve/pvp )
Ciao !
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
Jimsey0000

Post#12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:51 am

The toughness nerf, combined with all the buffs to RDPS the last few months, has made Marauder extremely squishy. I remember my def marauder in ruin gear was a tank a year ago, after coming back to the game now, not so much. From my experience getting back into marauders recently, at low RR you need to be a glass cannon, and be highly HIGHLY mobile. I remember that I used to see slayers play like that, and still do. They're constantly attacking, then running away at the first sign of adversity, only to run up and strike again. Pure hit and run. Currently, playing a glass cannon MRD with the slayer playstyle seems to be the most effective. The easiest tree to play is savagery, so basically, you'll want to camp savagery, and use hit and run tactics, and when any sort of attention is turned to you RLH. That seems to be the fastest way to kill and get RR gain, and be effective in general at low RR. Tactics i find effective; don't worry about speccing crit at all, just use heal debuff tactic, jagged edge, brute force, piercing bite, and you're gold.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#13 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:26 am

Jimsey0000 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:51 am The toughness nerf, combined with all the buffs to RDPS the last few months, has made Marauder extremely squishy. I remember my def marauder in ruin gear was a tank a year ago, after coming back to the game now, not so much. From my experience getting back into marauders recently, at low RR you need to be a glass cannon, and be highly HIGHLY mobile. I remember that I used to see slayers play like that, and still do. They're constantly attacking, then running away at the first sign of adversity, only to run up and strike again. Pure hit and run. Currently, playing a glass cannon MRD with the slayer playstyle seems to be the most effective. The easiest tree to play is savagery, so basically, you'll want to camp savagery, and use hit and run tactics, and when any sort of attention is turned to you RLH. That seems to be the fastest way to kill and get RR gain, and be effective in general at low RR. Tactics i find effective; don't worry about speccing crit at all, just use heal debuff tactic, jagged edge, brute force, piercing bite, and you're gold.
Feeding on fear, growing instability, piercing byte, deadly clutch ( brute force / flanking ).
You can also use sometimes deadly impaled if you play with a bg.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

TenTonHammer

Post#14 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Jimsey0000 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:51 am The toughness nerf, combined with all the buffs to RDPS the last few months, has made Marauder extremely squishy. I remember my def marauder in ruin gear was a tank a year ago, after coming back to the game now, not so much. From my experience getting back into marauders recently, at low RR you need to be a glass cannon, and be highly HIGHLY mobile. I remember that I used to see slayers play like that, and still do. They're constantly attacking, then running away at the first sign of adversity, only to run up and strike again. Pure hit and run. Currently, playing a glass cannon MRD with the slayer playstyle seems to be the most effective. The easiest tree to play is savagery, so basically, you'll want to camp savagery, and use hit and run tactics, and when any sort of attention is turned to you RLH. That seems to be the fastest way to kill and get RR gain, and be effective in general at low RR. Tactics i find effective; don't worry about speccing crit at all, just use heal debuff tactic, jagged edge, brute force, piercing bite, and you're gold.
The problem with that is that “hit and run” is a lot less effective from destro because order has been designed with a lot of anti kite tools like having a lot of ranged knockdowns or white lion permanent snare etc

Ototo

Post#15 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:30 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm
The problem with that is that “hit and run” is a lot less effective from destro because order has been designed with a lot of anti kite tools like having a lot of ranged knockdowns or white lion permanent snare etc
What are you talking about? Those skills you say are mirrored. Squigs can use their pets to snare, zealots can stagger, etc... There's no anti-kite or pro-kite. You are making it out to make one "destros are victims" post, which is false.
Spoiler:

jayjaywarrior

Post#16 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:44 am

its pretty good, i use tactics scything talons growing instability, deeply impaled and piercing byte, for build i get mutated aggressor guillotine and cutting claw, after that i plan on getting either wave of terror and draining swipe or wave of mutilation, im pretty new to it myself but i feel like its using everything the way its supposed to be, maining in brut stance or sav, and can whip out monst for the aoe spam if i need, i just specced full anti crit i think this helps alot

Wdova

Post#17 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:11 am

The problem is some one of those 2 ranged knockdowns(SW one) was moved from core to specable up in weakest tree(req 14mastery points investment). 2nd ranged knockdown (BW one) require to have ignite applied first. So its no ondemand KD if target has high disrubt, it takes time to apply ignite first (cast it 3-4x until its finaly landed) than You can use KD.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

larsulu
Suspended

Post#18 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:44 am

jayjaywarrior wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:44 am its pretty good, i use tactics scything talons growing instability, deeply impaled and piercing byte, for build i get mutated aggressor guillotine and cutting claw, after that i plan on getting either wave of terror and draining swipe or wave of mutilation, im pretty new to it myself but i feel like its using everything the way its supposed to be, maining in brut stance or sav, and can whip out monst for the aoe spam if i need, i just specced full anti crit i think this helps alot
If you stance dancing don’t use scything talon ( it works only on savagery tree )
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
Jimsey0000

Post#19 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:12 pm

Yeah, Ten, I wholeheartedly agree. Order has tons of upfront CC right out of the box. In the end this low RR setup i mentioned worked for me, never the less, i just switched because i'm not much of a mutation camper, even though it's really effective for a fresh 40. You don't necessarily have to do the run part of hit and run, running up to a healer, bursting them with cutting claw/tainted claw and dying simultaneously when they do is good enough for me what the sav camping setup.

adamthelc

Post#20 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:30 pm
What are you talking about? Those skills you say are mirrored. Squigs can use their pets to snare, zealots can stagger, etc... There's no anti-kite or pro-kite. You are making it out to make one "destros are victims" post, which is false.
Which squig snares?