Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Surge of Insanity

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dalsie

[Magus] Surge of Insanity

Post#1 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:56 am

I originally read this as an AoE skill - as in: it hit's target and everyone within 20ft of target. It took me a few casts to realise that this is really just a single target 1s cast.

Despite the description, Path of Changing is considered the aoe tree. Is it absurd to think Surge of Insanity, along with it's tactic (Infernal Pain) should be the 20ft aoe skill? Even it it means a damage reduction?
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Ads
Gangan

Re: [Magus] Surge of Insanity

Post#2 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:57 am

I would read the tooltip like it's a ST-dmg skill with an 20ft-aoe interrupt.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Dalsie

Post#3 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:15 am

Gangan wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:57 am I would read the tooltip like it's a ST-dmg skill with an 20ft-aoe interrupt.
Sure, I guess I wasn't clear in OP.

The tactic (Infernal Pain) uses the word "ALL" : "Surge of Insanity will now cause an additional 345 spirit damage over 6 seconds to all targets hit"
Also all you get, for taking up an entire tactic slot, is a mediocre dot on one target.

Those two points make me curious whether the original intention of Infernal Pain was to dot on "ALL" targets hit by the interrupt?Whether or not the dd from Surge of Insanity was meant to be aoe is a separate issue I guess.
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

nat3s

Post#4 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:36 am

Gangan wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:57 am I would read the tooltip like it's a ST-dmg skill with an 20ft-aoe interrupt.
He means the wording of the tactic rather than the spell itself.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Gangan

Post#5 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:23 am

Dalsie wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:15 am

The tactic (Infernal Pain) uses the word "ALL" : "Surge of Insanity will now cause an additional 345 spirit damage over 6 seconds to all targets hit"
Also all you get, for taking up an entire tactic slot, is a mediocre dot on one target.

Those two points make me curious whether the original intention of Infernal Pain was to dot on "ALL" targets hit by the interrupt?Whether or not the dd from Surge of Insanity was meant to be aoe is a separate issue I guess.
I tested the tactic on mobs and dummies in the IC, and all targets hit (by the interrupt) got the dot.
Last edited by Gangan on Sun May 26, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:11 pm

All targets hit (affected) by the interrupt component.

Nidwin

Post#7 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:42 am

Dalsie wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:15 am

DD on target and aoe interrupt on a couple of others around the target, it's not all but an x-amount of targets.

You may call it mediocre but I've a better term for that "amazing" Magus tactic.

Anyway, it works, both skill and tactic as mentioned on the in-game tooltips. We do have stuff that actually works and this time Engies do not envy this Magus tactic. :roll:
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]