Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] DPS questions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jastojan

Re: [Zealot] DPS questions

Post#31 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi guys,

I gave another chance to DPS zealot and want to ask few questions.
How much intel do I need to have to deal decent dmg? Now I have 1052 intel (55RR) and the dmg is... This 1k+ intel I get only because of sacrifice the other stats like wounds, toughness, etc. I am single target (1st and 2nd tree talent tree) because I wanted to deal dmg from range (not aoe from last tree). I can hardly crit more than 1k+. My biggest crit was around 1150 to low lvl (slayer of course). When it comes to aoe, I tried the last tree spec, but it was a pain to play without perfectly matched WB... and to be honest the dmg was very crap compared to my Sorc (60+) and the survivability is very poor. So what is the role of the dps zealot in this game? Only debuf? I though about the kind of dmg the zealot can deal and all spells are "corporeal" dmg, why zealot doesnt have at least few elemental/spiritual dmg spells? Could this help or this is not important? I am not complaining, just asking, because I cant believe that making a dps zealot is just a wasting of a time as the other players said. Ty for answers guys.

Ads
bctakhy

Post#32 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:31 pm

Jastojan wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:14 pm Hi guys,

How much intel do I need to have to deal decent dmg? Now I have 1052 intel (55RR) and the dmg is... This 1k+ intel I get only because of sacrifice the other stats like wounds, toughness, etc. I am single target (1st and 2nd tree talent tree) because I wanted to deal dmg from range (not aoe from last tree). I can hardly crit more than 1k+. My biggest crit was around 1150 to low lvl (slayer of course). When it comes to aoe, I tried the last tree spec, but it was a pain to play without perfectly matched WB... and to be honest the dmg was very crap compared to my Sorc (60+) and the survivability is very poor. So what is the role of the dps zealot in this game? Only debuf? I though about the kind of dmg the zealot can deal and all spells are "corporeal" dmg, why zealot doesnt have at least few elemental/spiritual dmg spells? Could this help or this is not important? I am not complaining, just asking, because I cant believe that making a dps zealot is just a wasting of a time as the other players said. Ty for answers guys.

Dont look a zealot as DPS. Best roll away healer is debuffer. Try play it as a AE heal/armour debuff with option of backup heals, avoid use Divine Fury . Have in mind that is spec is for WB play. U will make others kill

Jastojan

Post#33 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:47 pm

bctakhy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:31 pm
Jastojan wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:14 pm Hi guys,

Dont look a zealot as DPS. Best roll away healer is debuffer. Try play it as a AE heal/armour debuff with option of backup heals, avoid use Divine Fury . Have in mind that is spec is for WB play. U will make others kill
I am heal main spec of course. But I wanted to try it as DPS again and played as DPS only 1,5 month +-, but it looks poor. I could not believe that there is possibility to have it as DPS but it is not very valuable.

sileq

Post#34 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:56 pm

The lack of a safe corp debuff, changed RP/Z mechanic and endgame items prevalent in Live makes DPS zealot more of a meme than an actual mediocre choice if you aim to play in a RDPS fashion.

Besides that though zealot does have an actual function outside of typical heal-spam which is mainly used in Warband play of Chaotic Agitation + Changer's Touch. More of an ascended meme but it has a function at least.

So yeah, overall if you wanna play Zealot in a different playstyle then you're going to have to play as a debuffer. If not, then you're just gonna get snacked on by your resident DPS.

You're good at stealing death blows with Tzeentch's cry though :).

OndeTv

Post#35 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Sweeping Disgorgement + demon spittle is the most important part in my opinion. The specific benefit to this as a zealot, is that you can run with that setup both in "heal mode" and "dps mode", providing a very strong stacking armor debuff when opportunity knocks on the door.

By this i stress that your main function remains your main function rather than running into the fray and deliver the armor debuff at all costs.

While chaotic agitation + changers touch looks good on paper, chances are you won't find it as good in actual battle. Several issues with this is: Chaotic agitation drains a lot of AP, and you are not a sorcerer with reckless gathering. Being dry of AP to deliver a debuff is a bad position to be in if anyone needs healing regardless of your "mode". Also, this requires yet another valuable tactic slot which will be punishing. Lastly, you are not a sorcerer with 50-60% crit. As such you won't deliver that debuff as much as you would want to within those precious 6 seconds of a full channeled chaotic agitation within a 30 feet radius which will leave you close to AP dry afterwards.

If you absolutely must pick up more non-healing utility, winds of insanity is a better choice. It is even more situational, but also even more valuable in the right situations.

Just my 2 cents ;)
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

wwright72

Post#36 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:44 am

sileq wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:56 pm The lack of a safe corp debuff, changed RP/Z mechanic and endgame items prevalent in Live makes DPS zealot more of a meme than an actual mediocre choice if you aim to play in a RDPS fashion.

Besides that though zealot does have an actual function outside of typical heal-spam which is mainly used in Warband play of Chaotic Agitation + Changer's Touch. More of an ascended meme but it has a function at least.

So yeah, overall if you wanna play Zealot in a different playstyle then you're going to have to play as a debuffer. If not, then you're just gonna get snacked on by your resident DPS.

You're good at stealing death blows with Tzeentch's cry though :).

Zdps ina wb or group that plays around you can be a game changer. I ran as a dedicated zDPS in TUP wbs for a very long time. With a blackorc guard, sorc buff and a CD reduction buff you can be almost as effective as solid dps. I agree as a healer you should never be as effective as a true dps because you can heal they cant. BUT zdps has a place and if you invest enough and have some friends you can make it work for you.

The main problem is how much time and effort you have to invest to actually make it playable. I'd never suggest trying to dps till your at least rr70 which is a significant time investment to start to play something you don't even know that you'll like.

P.S. Winds of Insanity is the most brokenly fun skill in the game. Slamming and entire WB into a corner when they come through a postern while my party bombs them are some of the highlights of playing this game for me. You can single-handedly be the gatekeeper to unlocked keep posterns.

I've ended WBs and 6-mans with nearly the same or sometimes more kills than my sorc counterparts. So yeah, alot people that play zdps will make a meme out of it but it can not only work but work well.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools