Recent Topics

Ads

Is 2H Chosen A Thing?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
LazarusParadox

Is 2H Chosen A Thing?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Hey all!

I've been looking around on the forums and it seems like 2H chosen DPS is generally frowned upon. I believe it, but it seems weird to me given that it seems that 2H chosen can do pretty much everything that a KotBS can do and in a selfish way, maybe even better. It seems to be generally accepted that 2H KotBS is an OK spec if gimmicky so it seems odd that Chosen seem so far behind given:

- You have MORE base crit with Oppressing Blows tactic. Granted its 15% for yourself as opposed to AoE 10% more likely to be crit debuff

- You have much higher defense with Suppression, 25% parry with 100% uptime seems awesome to me.

- You have easier access to 0% chance to be crit with Flawless Armor tactic.

- You deal Spirit Damage and can technically debuff spirit resist via the aura though I'm not sure how good that is

- You can even get the same Epic quest 2H (I feel like I see a lot of Knights running Dawn)

And you basically match the Knight on all other categories. Yeah your wounds debuff is a bit weird with Blast Wave and Daemonclaw seems to be less of a buff than Runefang on the career builder. You don't have an equivalent for Staggering Impact or Perseverance as far as I can tell so that sucks.

Overall though these differences seem pretty negligible to me personally. I'm sure they must factor in in some big way that I'm not seeing for group play. Help me out! Why do they suck?!

Ads
Flavorburst

Re: Is 2H Chosen A Thing?

Post#2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 pm

They don't suck. 2h Chosen is a thing.

If I had to guess, I would probably say at least 60% of Chosen are 2h.

rmpl

Post#3 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:55 pm

worth it just for the subjugator speed proc

Zhentarim

Post#4 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:30 pm

They don't suck, chosen would be my first choice for a 2h tank atm. But if you go fulldps and never guard you will get hate just like any tank will.

herooftime

Post#5 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:09 pm

2h Chosen are definitely "a thing". There is a reason why you don't see a single tank in 6v6 tournaments with a shield. The choice to run sword and board (snb) or 2h is 100% contingent on your personal play style and what you as a chosen want to do in RoR. Its also important to keep in mind that players aren't locked into a specific roll and can easily switch back and forth between SnB and 2h. (Especially because you want to run defensive gear and talismans for both SnB and 2h play styles)

As a SnB chosen you sacrifice damage output to become a near unkillable monstrosity. Once a Chosen gets the guard ability and before rank 40, I find it best to almost always run a SnB Chosen. Even with bolster you will be very easy to kill so the extra block chance helps a lot. At R40 SnB Chosen really shines in two areas: #1. If you are your parties tank in a war band, your job is to make the healers job easier by using the guard ability, and #2. Scenarios, It's important to have shield tanks for your teams front line. You should also be the one holding/running objectives and being a guard bot for your mdps.

As a 2h Chosen you sacrifice survivability for a higher damage output. This suits the play style of a solo player and small group play. If you don't have a guild, like war bands, or have a lot of friends online I think 2h is the way to go. Running into any class in the lakes alone as a SnB chosen is dreadful and usually ends in a slow painful death. The opposite is the case as a 2h chosen. You can solo almost any non warrior priest melee class, and take on any rdps if you can get the jump on them. I believe that 2h Chosen are way more popular because of how effective they are on their own. You will never deal as much damage as a pure dps class, but you can usually out live them. Forgoing the shield doesn't stop a Chosen from being a tank. I also think it's important to note that a dps Disciple of Khaine and a 2h Chosen is an incredibly powerful duo and should be able to take on any solo or duo group in the game.

TLDR: Shield Chosen are good for Scenarios and Warbands, 2h Chosen are good for solo and small group play.
Hero - RR81 Chosen
Herooftime - RR56 Marauder

LazarusParadox

Post#6 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Awesome responses thus far, and good to know I'm not wasting my time :P I know a lot of people have mentioned the Subjugator weapon for many 2H tanks. What does it do in specific for us? Is it worth grabbing the epic quest 2Hs?

Xergon

Post#7 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:04 am

2hd Chosens are good for solo, smallscale/roaming but they are terrible in RvR/WB, 2hd Chosen brings nothing in comparison to what SnB can bring to table. Only viable tanks that, can be considered as 2hd for WB are SM and KotBS.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

kkprfx

Post#8 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:19 am

10s on punt with tactic as opposed to 20s while snb
Gabber

Ads
xanderous

Post#9 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:02 am

Only useful in a 6man, they die like flies in large scale rvr.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

LazarusParadox

Post#10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:32 am

Xergon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:04 am 2hd Chosens are good for solo, smallscale/roaming but they are terrible in RvR/WB, 2hd Chosen brings nothing in comparison to what SnB can bring to table. Only viable tanks that, can be considered as 2hd for WB are SM and KotBS.
OK see I believe you, but there it is again! What is it about 2H knight that makes them viable for WBs but not 2H Chosen? Where are they different?