Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Havoc discussion

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aerogath
Suspended

[Magus] Havoc discussion

Post#1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi, lately wanted to try something new with my magus and tried the Sexy ST tree, i think his ultility and dmg is rly good if you play a Glass Cannon but it feels soooooo clunky that you have to get ( and hold whats even hard than stacking) the 8X stacks while you have so long casttimes.
Has someone tips to get better cast times for a range ST magus? Most of the time you cast a 3 sec. cast and the target is either dead or run out of range... :P

Eventuelly it would help wonders if BOC would atleast get a 0.5 sec buff.

LETS DISCUSS :P

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Magus] Havoc discussion

Post#2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Giving BoC anything less than a 3-second cast time would be a significant buff.

Casttimes are fine, in my opinion. The whole point is that you have long cast-times that justify Havoc Magus doing the most ST Burst ingame.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:27 pm

In my eyes the biggest problem Magus has is that he needs the stupid stacks and that these stacks have such a small range, while the fights aren`t on point and enemys are moving. I hated the Stacks thing on live so hard and you have not 4 but 8 stacks on RoR hm, would be rly cool to make it more viable.

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Aerogath wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:27 pm In my eyes the biggest problem Magus has is that he needs the stupid stacks and that these stacks have such a small range, while the fights aren`t on point and enemys are moving. I hated the Stacks thing on live so hard and you have not 4 but 8 stacks on RoR hm, would be rly cool to make it more viable.
You have Flamer/Changing spec if you want to be more mobile and retain your stacks at a further range away from pet. Havoc Magus does unrivaled ST burst when you are allowed to hardcast and build stacks; giving this spec mobility would be overpowered, and would encroach upon the territory of Changing (mobile and mid-range dps).

Avici

Post#5 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:28 pm

I find magus ST damage pretty impressive for a gimp class. However, there is an unusual problem... Magus is too damn big for stationary/trench warfare. Engineer can use branches, stones, walls etc as improvised cover, making him really hard to spot and focus, while magus is a huge floating target with a HIT ME sign on it.

Darks63

Post#6 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:53 pm

You should pick up the turret range add-on if you haven't already it can help you know when your straying out of its range.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Hecc

Post#7 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:35 pm

You can use CA tactic for mobility.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am

Magus biggest weakness is the stupid daemon and that makes him lack mobility rly hard.

btw is CA tactic not worth it with mobility because you loose all your stacks.

Ads
chazwozza

Post#9 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:17 am

long cast times and anyone clued up killing the pet make havoc bollcks imo blah blah blah burst damage my ass if you're stunned before you can cast jack

Nidwin

Post#10 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:13 am

Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am Magus biggest weakness is the stupid daemon and that makes him lack mobility rly hard.

btw is CA tactic not worth it with mobility because you loose all your stacks.
I find CA tactic too expensive for what it has to offer here on RoR. On AoR our 4 stacks faded while here they're just gone.

I'm probably biased but I'm so used to handle the daemons, I don't even pay attention to any possible mobility issue linked to the stupids. Not being obsessed by seeing big damage numbers probably helps too in my case.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]