Recent Topics

Ads

Tzeentch's Firestorm

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tesq

Re: Tzeentch's Firestorm

Post#71 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:25 pm

Renork wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:04 pm
Tesq wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:02 pm That is corrrct regard change...

And the beta speed pro change magus had? That was not correct?

Have 2 des rdps be able to heal debuff and speed proc vs 2 ord rdps be able to heal debuff and rkd was not correct right?
Lol, the class was completely different during beta Tesq.
As it was during 1.3 etc ....

If you really want to see the original design for a class look beta, maybe classes were not optimized but the original design for sure was aimed at something, later on is just random fixes...

At max it hold the same value of look at class at 1.2 or 1.3.3 etc....if not it's better...

Ads
Orontes

Post#72 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:22 am

Azarael wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:04 am I have no intention of overpowering the 11 pt tactic and promoting Firestorm spam to fix wider problems with Changing.

Someone needs to make a proposal on Grenadier and Changing together, because both have issues and no one seems to be capable of agreeing exactly what they are meant to do. Mist and Napalm are just terrible abilities and not worthy of the 13.

Azarael,

I have held off replying as the new patch has had you very busy. I knew it and the responses to the patch would tie you up. With the patch now a few days in, perhaps I can summarize the points I've made and reply to the last challenge you put forward about suggestions about Grenadier and Changing together.

I have argued the cooldown that Firestorm had under Havoc with the tactic Chaos Unleashed should now apply to the Changing tactic Wild Changing. The arguments I put forward are:

1) The ability swap seems at its core thematic: having single target abilities tied to the Havoc Mastery and AOE abilities tied to Change Mastery. The cooldown that existed is separate from the thematic swap and should be retained.

2) BWs and Sorcs both have in Rain of Fire and Pit of Shades with the exact same kind of AOE ability that gets a cooldown from a tactic: the tactic(s) set at 11 points in the mastery for sorcs, 7 points for BWs.

3) Firestorm was not OP before the swap and would not be OP with a cooldown in the Changing Mastery: both Sorc and BW Pit of Shades and Rain of Fire hit harder and are not considered OP, therefore Firestorm could not be OP. Further, there was no large number of threads on the forums complaining Firestorm was OP before the swap. This seems to undercut the idea it would be OP, as the player base is sensitive to such. Lastly, as the damage is tied to a set location and does not stack, one simply has to move to escape the damage.

4) Firestorm with the cooldown option was a fine ability in the strong Havoc mastery. It is now a weak ability in a weak mastery. The net affect is Havoc has gotten stronger with Indigo Fire of Change added and the Changing mastery weaker with the no cooldown Firestrom.

5) Firestorm's value is sustained pressure damage in a set location. In it's old form, this would match up nicely with Mist that is currently of little value (due to the long long build up). Firestorm with the long 10 second cooldown cannot produce sustained pressure, so it also has little benefit.

6) One shouldn't make the good an enemy of the perfect. Just because the whole of the Changing Mastery isn't 'fixed', does not mean no changes can be made to the mastery line. Giving back Firestorm a cooldown reduction with Wild Changing would make the ability viable, help with a Mist combo, and therefore make the Mastery line better. The mastery line may not be perfect, but this would help.

7) Per the Engi Grenadier line: if you need something done there, to justify adding in the cooldown option with Wild Changing, I suggest the same be done with Phosphorous Shells (PS). PS is now in the same spot as Firestorm, has the same 10 second cooldown and like Firestorm is a less than impressive ability. Add to the Engi Bandolier tactic a cooldown of 10 seconds to Phosphorous Shells. It can then be used with Napalm Grenade similar to the proposed Firestorm with Mist. Both Changing and Grenadier are considered the weakest mastery lines. This would allow both to profit I don't think any Engi would object to this change, but would welcome it for a weak mastery.

Please return Firestorm's cooldown by adding it to Wild Changing so Change focused magi can benefit. Do the same with Phosphorous Shells to the Bandolier tactic. Statues will be built to you. Magi and Engi will name their progeny in your honor, and the universe will be balanced again.

Cheers

Crumbs

Post#73 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:12 am

GodlessCrom wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:59 pm
Renork wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:02 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:59 pm pfff i havent tried what? my magus is change mastery unlike you being havoc 100% of time and i tried also firestorm post pull.

again those feedback for magus which lead to those changes were not given by a perspective of a change magus.
Sweetie, I tried all three and each has a respective role. Do I think the class fits in a 6-man now? No. But you can make it work.
Dude, what's with all the "SWEETIE" followed by le bitchy comment? It's like nails on a chalkboard, but for one's eyes.

We get it, you love yourself some big sweaty Magus disc. It's very evident. But the whole "Look honey, you said something I disagree with so let me go all borderline personality disorder over you on the internets to defend the honor of THE MAYGUS" schtick you got going on is either the lamest RP persona ever, or the most ineffective rhetorical method ever created.

I eagerly await your overly twee, inappropriately aggressive response.
Lmao meet renork
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#74 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Are you still crying because magus finally became usefull and good ?! ITS A **** GLASCANNON MAN STOP CRYING.

Nidwin

Post#75 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:31 am

I've to admit now after having played qq

Tornado of doom switch to changing is actually a Daemonolgy buff.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

peterthepan3

Post#76 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:51 am

Nidwin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:31 am I've to admit now after having played qq

You gain a bit of snare utility which works well with Rift , but if you're using Firestorm over Lash spam for actual DPS? Nope. Lash spam is much better.

roadkillrobin

Post#77 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:03 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:51 am
Nidwin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:31 am I've to admit now after having played qq

You gain a bit of snare utility which works well with Rift , but if you're using Firestorm over Lash spam for actual DPS? Nope. Lash spam is much better.
Rift allready snares.

Nidwin

Post#78 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Thanks but,

Shall I remind the two of you that I was the one explaining Tesq that TF has no place in a rift rotation ? (lash is more efficient for at least 2 reasons, and rift has a snare)

No,
The reason why TF move is a Daemonology buff is that it suddenly allows a Magus to be both efficient in melee and ranged including Chaotic Rift. Still pointless for sPvP (sc) for sure but extremely strong and fun for RvR in the lakes. It adds to the swiss knife nature of the Magus while not being OP.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#79 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:35 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:03 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:51 am

Rift allready snares.
Yes, I know, and that doesn't negate from my point because you still gain a bit of snare utility. You can use it after rift snare ends, for example.

@Nidwin
I know, apologies! Post was a bit vague is all.

Tesq

Post#80 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:55 pm

you do more dmg with deamon lash?

that was new..... (no it wasnt..)

what is not clear about use storm for apply an un-cleanseable snare as long target stay inside the area of effect?
what is not clear about combo an aoe snare with whatever form of bomb you can came with?

especially since dok+zeal combo is so much favored than sham combo and one of the few resaons you bring a sh is for aoe snare pot.

N.B. uncleansebale in the term that it reapply every tick as bw channeling or sh/am pot; so even if cleansed it keep reapply.

idk what so hard to get, if deamonology get access to something usefull to whatever degree that thing is "usefull " that is a buff to deamonology and i stand correct.

change dont benefith from that in st focus and aoe snare for st purpose when is so low % is not worth, especially when your aim is kill something before he start run away since you are a caster or the basic fact that in small skirmish is easier move away from the channeling area (less body block, less aoe front pressure, more space where to move ins generally)

/ try change my mind.